Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ February 1

Good Morning, Friends.

I am too lazy to get up so am typing on the IPad and hope it is not a mess.
    King (cat) never used to pay any attention to me at all but since he discovered mice, butterflies, balls of yarn on this thing, he has become my best friend and has just arrived to tell me it is time to get up and at the day.

Will be back to check on you all later. Gotta tend to this cat.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 02-01-2016, 08:08 AM.

Bah! Back to work after 4 days off. Didn't wanna crawl out this morning - the bed was nice and cozy.

Rain expected today. Lots of paperwork to catch up on today also.

Erin has a pediatrician appt. this afternoon - her psychiatrist cannot order the lab work she needs, so we have to ask the Dr. for it. Hopefully the lab will still be open so we can get this over today.

Busy, busy, busy. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday wasn't such a good day. Considering the crappy & scary start at 4am, I just never felt good or with it the rest of the day. I did get both doughs baked off, so I did accomplish something. Leftovers for supper. I was suppose to go play cards last night, but that didn't happen.

Last night I did have a snack of some ice cream and a salad in hopes that I wouldn't crash through the night like I did the night before when I didn't snack. Well, I crashed again. At 5am I woke in a sweat & everything was magnified...sounds, light, etc. I got up & took my level & it was 60. Ate a bit & went back to bed. Shut off both alarms when they went off w/o getting up and woke up at 8am when my shot alarm went off....of shoot!!!!!....Blaise has to be to the bus at 8:10 for school. Boy did we hustle, but we made it. LOL! So far I feel fine this morning.

The plan for today is to ice the 11 doz sugar cookie I baked yesterday.

Have a good one all!

Comment

extremely grumpy this morning..so is my sister...My parents leave today...not sure what my day shall bring!

Comment

Good Morning, looks like the sun is coming out, it is 39 degrees but it looks beautiful outside...got a bit of housekeeping to take care of today...Friday I finally ordered the sectional couch I wanted, now to find a recliner the hubby likes, I (we) did find one, a lazyboy, but to order it in a different material they wanted an extra $100 and I was actually downsizing in the quality of material, so I said NO...will keep looking, we do know it has to be a lazyboy and I have the seat measurement and back and front measurements that I need it to be.

Made beef stew yesterday with yeast rolls, tasted so good, have enough leftover to add small mixed veggies and will make beef pot pie this week,
          Donna, you should call your Dr. and let them know what is going on with you, that is not a good thing, your family needs you and you need to take care of you...sometimes I think you do way, way to much for others instead of yourself...Love ya but do worry about you...Recently had a cousin who has battled diabetes all his life, 50 yrs, old and they found him dead in his home...they said there was blood and vomit everywhere in the house...poor thing, they think it had to do with his pancreas, had just seen him at a family reunion in Oct. so please, please take care of yourself..

Jostoy sent me a picture or her on the beach in a tank top and capris, barefoot walking on the white sand of the beach with the ocean water waves coming in, I guess she is trying to make me want to hope on a plane and go visit, LOL...it would be nice, but I truly enjoy all seasons right now, BUT, when the hubby retires we plan on enjoying some time in warmer climates sometimes..

Hope David continues to improve daily.
          Was good to hear that Erin's report at school was good and she now has platinum blonde hair, LOL...I always tell the when I get my hair bleached that 20 volume peroxide will not do it, use 40 volume and put me under the dryer for a little bit..

Well now I have typed a whole bunch and have not gotten any error messages, so will try and post this and get busy...Hugs to all

Last edited by boffler; 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, The sun is out here today too, furnace is running and it feels chilly.

Donna, with all of the things they have come up with for BS you would think that they could figure out something to avoid the highs and lows (I have the same problem) I actually have started adjusting my night dose to fit my readings, even though you aren't supposed to. If my nighttime reading is lower I don't take as much as my dosage calls for. To me it is just more logical and since they have a sliding scale for the meal time doses seems they would come up with one for the night time doses.

Comment

Next week I have an appt with the GYN doc and an Endocrinologist and hopefully the Endo doctor can help me since that's her specialty. I'm sick & tired of feeling sick & tired. I'm wondering if my BP is up too since I've had a nagging headache almost daily for the past couple of weeks. My BP has never been high though.

Comment

Good morning by the dawn's early light.
                Sunny today and that is just what the kids need on a Monday.

Comment

A gloomy but mild morning here. First thing I did was call for a haircut. I have been needing a cut for weeks and when I checked the dates it has been 6 weeks and I normally go every 3 weeks. No wonder I look so shaggy...even the gal ask if I was all right since she had noticed I hadn't been in. Sierra left around 7 last night and I had a message this morning she would be back tomorrow and maybe stay over. She has been staying on Thursdays and this Saturday we have a hockey game in St. Louis so she said she may stay from Thursday to Sunday. She already has mommy dearest all over her for the time she is here so do not tell me that woman was not responsible for the hate and hurt in December when she moved out. So hard to not say anything when so much nastiness is being thrown from that direction. Coffee cold so need another cup to face the day. I am trying to start the day with a new saying I read... getting out of bed and saying this is going to be a wonderful day and not just waiting to see what the day brings. I am normally a lets see type of girl but maybe going in the opposite direction will make me more positive. It is going to be a wonderful day! Sounds like an old Carol Burnett comedy sketch at the travel agency....

Comment

Good morning.
                    Is 2016 the Year of a Thousand Plagues? My stomach is still hurting. Tomorrow is my doctor appointment. I got my email reminder this morning.Turns out I don't have the actual Gastroenterologist, but the Nurse Practicioner. Oh well, sometimes they're better than the doctor. I just need some relief!

Looks like we got some rain overnight. More expected today. It's overcast today, but the sun did peek through the clouds briefly. Supposed to be windy, too........depending on the forecast. You'd think forecasts would match.

Need a hot cuppa ☕️ to deal with a 50° day.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Donna, Boffler is right. But I see that you already have appointments to see different doctors, but they are a week away.

Boffler, why don't you go down and visit Jostoy or come visit me!

Jo, picture on facebook this morning from a friend in SV and they are having snow!

Nice and sunny here. Think I'll go on the Kalama Heights bus to Longs and get some needed things. Patty will be bringing my car back tomorrow as her truck is supposed to be ready today.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Aloha, Nalani....
                        Yes, we had 30° last night and the next 2 nights are so opposed to be in the hi 20's. At 5,000 ft. SV will get snow before the lower lands - whereas Tucson is just 2900 feet. Nonetheless, the winds do seem to bring the colder air here anyway. I haven't been out viewing the mountains, but no doubt the Catalinas also have snow, and maybe some on the Rincons as well.

I'm still feeling too poorly to go out to see for myself. The winds are blowing plastic yard chairs and flower pots around the yard. I already warned E I might not want to go to tonight's lecture (we can catch the podcast later). I don't know what's been worse, the frequent cramping, or les pain and more nausea. Today is the nausea. Tomorrow, thankfully, I will see a doctor.

Tomorrows temp should reach maybe 52°, unless the forecasters change their minds sometime today.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon, everyone. Trying to work out the bugs associated with logging in using my laptop. I changed browsers at Scott's suggestion. I'm still getting redirects when I try to log in (new window opening with stupid spam), but at least the login box didn't disappear. It's cold and very, very windy here in Las Vegas today. Our ski and snowboard resort got 15" of new snow last night. That's a pretty good amount for them in one storm. It's supposed to only be in the 50s for the next few days. Hope you all have a nice warm afternoon and evening.

Comment

Working...
                          X