Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ January 25

Good Morning, Friends.

Another week to look forward to. But January is already slipping away. Crazy.

Hope today finds everyone doing well.

Our big objective today is getting cat food. Wish we didn't have to buy it from the Vet. They have such crazy hours.

Have a good Monday.

This month sure has flown for sure! Have a slight chance of freezing rain. It would be alright with me if that didn't happen. Supposed to get up to 42 degrees today. I'll take that.

Better get moving and get the trash to the front for the sons to get out. Trash truck comes extremely early around here.

Have a great day all.

Comment

Good morning.
      I'm up early. Too early. I woke 8 times at least in the last 6 hours.
      Today I need to talk with the oncologist's head nurse about the meds that controls my blood problem. My pharmacy called around, but the other pharmacies and the warehouses do not have any in stock....its backordered. This happened 13 months ago, and the head nurse managed to get it. I hope she can still work her magic. I have just a few doses left.

Tonight we are supposed to go to the college lecture on Climate Change. But we might skip it this time and wait for the podcast to be available. E is very sore from cleaning up the front yard. (I got a handful of cherry tomatoes that survived the cold.) if he feels better he might want to go. I just need to get through the dilemma with my meds. It always scares the heck out of me when there is a problem getting meds. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, in trying to get my meds.

Ellis was so happy with the Rustic Tart I made for him yesterday....blueberry. His fave. So he didn't complain hardly at all when he saw I loaded the veggie soup with spinach. 😉 😄

Today's weather in the low 60's (lower if the winds are present). And Sunny. I like sunny!

Have a great day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

It nice to see the sun..
        Morning chores..I need another cup coffee..

Comment

Good Morning ...

today will be ,.. rush ,sit and wait , rush ,sort of day...Mike will be heading for the airport about noon.. but we will make quick trip to hospital to see David first.. and if the weather behaves I will go back up to hospital in afternoon.. .. somewhere there has to be time for me to call the local garage that fixes mufflers . our second car.. ( my favorite winter car). blow a hole in muffler the other night . and I would like to get in to the have it fixed as soon as possible..
          Karen husband and his brother in law brought a "lift" recliner late last evening .. borrow from SIL mother house.. for David to use when he first gets home.. will only need for short time and them return it unless David is really comfortable, then will offer to buy it ... as his Mom no longer lives at her house.. ( she had stroke and has to have constant attention.so lives with daughters.).

JOG.. scary thought that your meds won't be here... will keep you in thoughts and prayer!.

Hi Justy, if you get freezing rains , you stay inside!..

Elaine , the sooner Jan is over the better .. been a roller coaster ride for us !.

hello to all.. will hope to pop in this evening and catch up on your news..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, about ready to hunt something down for breakfast, I wish I enjoyed breakfast...more of brunch type person..oops just started getting that 'invalid server' message again...so I will just say all is well here at my house...have a great day, hope David continues to improve. Darn it!!! Getting so aggravated at this "error" message thing, this is the only place it happens to me.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...headed to my sisters in a few minutes....then some major grocery shopping...2 different stores 2 different days..

I forgot to tell you all last week...arrangements have been made for me to have an evaluation from a professional that helps people with disabilities learn to drive...I have my Missouri drivers license I kept it and transferred it from IL when I moved..My parents have agreed to let me have the evaluation..and if I pass which I think I will then I will get my car...of course with a ton of rules and only certain places I can drive...I am good with that...just having my car will be wonderful...I will still use my bike for some stuff..and the bus for other stuff...but mostly my car!

Mom seemed to have a pretty good day yesterday...I have not talked to her today..I will call when I get home from the bus.

Comment

Good morning, all. Another frosty morning here.

Didn't check in yesterday. felt awful with no apparent reason. Better today. My lower back is giving me he** but that wasn't what it was yesterday.

Anyhow not much going on today. Later.. Have a good one.

Comment

Good Morning, sun is shining brightly. Have to run and get a few groceries after while.
                  Beth don't know if your Mom knows this tip or not but eating a lot of starchy food before chemo helps it not make you so sick to your stomach. Have a friend who went through the chemo years ago and she swears this works, most people will eat light before chemo (less put in less to come back up) but the starch helps absorb the chemo to keep it from upsetting the stomach as much.
                  Aunt Maye, so glad that David is doing so well, the lift recliner will be nice, wish I would have had one when James was still alive, would have been so much easier getting him out of than a regular chair.
                  JoGee, is the med something that not a lot of people use so the company doesn't make a lot of it?

Comment

# 1 son is coming in today! Both kids will be here after school and he has requested a special place out to eat. I like not having to cook. Since everyone gets home around the same time we will eat earlier and then the kids can have their uncle for a few hours. I can sit and visit with him tomorrow morning when everyone is gone. The snow has melted and the sun is shining with rain predicted for sometime this week. New appliances come Friday and we have made arrangements to give the old away. The stove and fridge are perfectly good but I wanted a side by side fridge back and, of course, a working dishwasher. Hear the birds chirping so must be a warmer morning. Lots of Cardinals and BlueJays around here and puffy blue birds with white bellys. Hoping everyone has a wonderful week ahead.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Got more paperwork done and laundry done. That makes it a good day.

I've already been out & now back this morning. I had grocery requests from Aunt J and Ginger who needed something from Sam's for church dinner. So off I went to 3 stores & the bank. Today's goal is to mix up a bunch of pie dough & get some of it rolled out and in the freezer. It was so nice last week when I got the call for 4 pies to be able to just bring out the crusts & fill them.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Determined, when I first got my condition (1989) they knew very little about it and called it "rare". Now many people have different forms of it, and it's no longer considered rare. Depending on the severity, there are different doses. I now take the lowest dose. If the doc starts playing around with dosage, it's not good. Those 13 months ago he made a 75% cut in my dosage, and I am just now seeing signs of stabilizing again. The side effects are like having C-diff. Bad.

I think there's enough patients with the problem to justify this med. but different forms of the illness have different names. (Mine is caused by a mutant gene which is not inherited....and my gene has a chromosome that causes it to act like other things.)
                        And different people have to take different dosages. But it's all NEEDED! Without it, we can internally bleed to death.
                        Changing dosages is not a good thing. The delays and changes cause some pretty bad side effects in varying ways.
                        So I dread these next few days, and can only hope for a source of the med to surface.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I started reading about an hour ago, but 5 kids came in almost at the same time!
                          The sun is shining brightly and what a difference out my window! We are supposed to have sun till Friday. I hope they are right!
                          I am trying to get into a tax-paperwork state of mind. I am still waiting for roof repair call backs and insulation call backs and it feels like too many irons in the fire...add in new baby and a few other issues and I am going into " overwhelmed and retreat" mode. Which is not a good way to approach taxes!
                          Jo, I hope all the issues on your medicine gets fixed today.
                          Take care. I already have 2 texts from moms asking how the morning is going...

Comment

My daddy said that if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself.
                            GOOD NEWS!!!!!
                            I called a pharmacy near the S Camus hospital...they had some pills. Called my doctors office at the Cancer Center to get them verified for me to pick up. Doctors office returned my call, verified I was nearing the end of my prescription, and said the main hospital had a "hidden stash", and their pharmacy will call me when my prescription is ready there.
                            So, some time soon I will get the call to get my med. (hidden stash?). 🙄
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Aloha all!

didn't check in yesterday as I was gathering and organizing my tax papers and then like Barb just no reason at all really as that didn't take all day.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                              X