Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ January 24

Good Morning! Anyone around?

Cold morning, but no bad weather. Taking a cheese ball to church. Just have to cover it with pecans and I'm good to go. Bulletins made and printed.

Thinking of Dave this morning. Hoping pain is subsiding and he is getting stronger.

Watched History of the Eagles twice last night. Could not go to sleep without their music running rampant in my brain. Still there this morning. Love.love.love.

Learned Don Henley grew up near here, and his mom bought his first drums at a music store where Debi Darby Rose's dad grew up (Sulphur Springs, TX) Neat.

Have a super day, Everyone.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 01-24-2016, 06:49 AM.

Good morning, ladyebug and all who enter later.

Up and at em already as the lady upstairs is up and knocking around. She is a young person who I assume has to go into work early as she usually starts making noise about 5:30 everyday. I sure remember those days yet.

Nothing but church on my schedule for today. It will be the first time that I have gone to this church so hope I like it as it is very close to the condo complex.

Everyone have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

It will be one wet day rain and wind..

I saw this pic of this cat..And thought it was too funny..( Spock)..

And everyone have nice day..Be safe..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning, I am up but not atem yet!! Hubby was having a very, very restless night which in turn was keeping me awake, so at 1:30 a.m. I came out on the couch, watched tv until around 3:00 a.m. then woke up at 7:15 a.m. in a panic because hubby wasn't up yet, ran in to wake him up and he says, "it's Sunday, I don't work on Sundays"!! Well true, but I don't feel a bit sorry for waking him up!! I think I am going to require a nap today, my eyes right now feel like I have an allergy in them...

Went to the indoor flea market thing, didn't find not one thing to buy. Then we went to the furniture store I like so well, the one that has all the amish made furniture, looked at a sectional I liked there, but it is not amish made it is from a company called Elran, been trying to check them out, have not found all that much info on them..I like the sectional and like the price pretty good also, nothing is cheap by any means..so will give it more thought and might go back Monday and order one in the material that I like..

Trying to think of something to fix as a brunch meal, not into a breakfast right now...

Glad Dave is coming along pretty good, just hope Maye can make him behave himself when he comes home, having a surgery can make a person 'cranky'!!

Jostoy, hope you like the church, would be nice for you while you are there..Hearing about the lady above you makes me remember why I never liked apt. renting..or sometimes when we go to motels I ask for the top floor, especially if I see they have a group of young'uns there..

Well ladies and gents, time to have some coffee and sit on the couch for awhile, who knows I might be able to catch a nap before the hubby actually gets up for real...and yes, it is Sunday...

Love, hugs and prayers for all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, nothing new here. Shared a video on facebook of my great niece getting down to her favorite music video, that child is a mess, very independent and has a mind of her own.

Comment

Good morning...Mom is having a bit of difficult time with the chemo...she got sick in the night Friday night...last night was better...she is really really tired...I am so glad that I didn't go home this week end..I was going home for a funeral..the family of the young man that died will totally understand....Yesterday was really lazy day....today I am getting together with friends from church...and maybe going to the movies this evening I have not decided..IF I don't go to the movies I will more than likely watch the ice skating on TV.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! There is a lil 5 yr old that's going to get sold cheap if he doesn't stop waking up so early & waking me. GRRRRR!!!!! It took me forever to fall asleep and then to have someone bound in and want to snuggle at 5am. A nap is definitely in the works for today.

Yesterday was productive. Got more paperwork done & bills paid. Spent an hour on the phone with DISH getting signed up for it next Saturday. My local phn company that I have my TV through right now went up $13 this month. With DISH I'm getting a 3 yr guaranteed rate. Then I made 3 doz cupcakes. One cake mix doesn't make enough & two makes more than enough. My SIL ordered 2 doz for my niece's birthday snack she's taking into youth group tonight. They were all white cake, but one doz had a Hershey Kiss in the center & icing with choc PB icing, one had raspberry filling and I tinted the icing pink and topped that with a squirt of raspberry filling, and the last done was just vanilla with sprinkles on top. They looked nice.

Already went to church this morning. There is still a little more paperwork to be done and then once that's done, there is still the tax paperwork (receipts & bills) to organize that's spread all over my dining room table. There is also a pile of laundry that needs worked on.

Heard from Aunt J last night that they are transferring Uncle Dave to a place for physical therapy. The surgeon released him, but he's still not sturdy enough on his feet.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning

got a decent nights sleep last night ....6 hours... Mike and Mark were up early too and chatting away.. so want to say a quick hello before we leave.. I think I posted last evening ?.. but David is doing great,, cranky and all... he is officially released from the "hospital".. cardiac care .. and is now in Rehab floor... its like a separate part.. .. the surgeon and all the other people who were monitoring him all said his other organs functions are back to normal.. and he could have come home.... but the rehab was recommended. because hes still wobbly on his feet ... and I agreed .since I will be here with him through the day .alone.. I did not like to think of him as falling .. so a few more days and some exercising and eating more will do him good... I am tired.. but with Mike here it has been easier.. He leaves for Co.and home tomorrow...
                Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement... I sure needed that.

This room has a pleasant older than David gentleman.. should be company for him... maybe keep him from getting so cranky.. ...
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, friends...
                  Sunny day today. I am not going to complain about the weather dropping to the 60's again......not when I see that February will begin in the 50's!!! 🙄
                  Middle daughter is doing somewhat better today, and I'm sure she will be okay when her dilemma is done. She will get things settled with the evil-DH, and make a total break. Funny thing, even evil's brother is on her side in this.

Well, no plans here today. Nothing much going on. I'll read the paper and have my mocha, then find my days mischief to do.

Sassy - love the Spock-cat!!!!. Thanks.
                  Beth, chemo treatments can make a patient feel sick. That is common.
                  Still have Maye & Dave in my thoughts. When the exercises start working to strengthen him, he will feel much less grouchy, and better. I'm sure he's anxious to be home, but he has to be able to get around.

To everyone, have a marvelous day! 😄
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Took the curtains out of the package yesterday and one pair is grommet and the other not soooooo....headed to the big Penney's store. I saw so many people from home in the curtain department and we were all in the same aisle. I still had to order the second pair and valances are still on back order but I am so much happier with the new color choice. Came home and finished painting, put laundry away and called it a day. Hands are sore from gripping a paint brush so probably won't do much today. Going to be in the 40s today...Maybe we will get out the grill!

Comment

I would have sworn I posted, but I must have just screamed it..
                      Went to church and then had the best food: loaded mashed potatoes with barbecued pork roast.
                      I made two Boston cream pie poke cakes for the shelter. Becky said they loved it.
                      Just before she went there my phone started making a hideous noise! Tornado alert! In our area! Huge hail, thunder and lightening storm. No leaks here and after the dogs stopped shaking, it calmed down. The rain stopped in time to delver the food.
                      We are just hanging out today. Hope your day is going well, too.

Comment

Dreamed it. I would never scream it. 😊

Comment

My day was going good, til I called the pharmacy to ask why they haven't called me about my prescription.
                          Seems they ran out, the warehouse is still backordered on it; so are all the other pharmacies and warehouses.
                          It's my main med, it controls my bone marrow which puts out too many red, white, and platelet cells, there is no substitute for it.

So now I'm waiting for some advice, suggestion, whatever, from the doctors office.
                          This happened 13-1/2 months ago. I hate this.

Wish me luck.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The good news is that E cleaned the whole front yard of the fallen, dried leaves.
                            And it only takes about 15 minutes to make him a Rustic Blueberry tart as a reward. 😄
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                              Good morning, friends...
                              Sunny day today. I am not going to complain about the weather dropping to the 60's again......not when I see that February will begin in the 50's!!! 🙄
                              Middle daughter is doing somewhat better today, and I'm sure she will be okay when her dilemma is done. She will get things settled with the evil-DH, and make a total break. Funny thing, even evil's brother is on her side in this.

Well, no plans here today. Nothing much going on. I'll read the paper and have my mocha, then find my days mischief to do.

Sassy - love the Spock-cat!!!!. Thanks.
                              Beth, chemo treatments can make a patient feel sick. That is common.
                              Still have Maye & Dave in my thoughts. When the exercises start working to strengthen him, he will feel much less grouchy, and better. I'm sure he's anxious to be home, but he has to be able to get around.

To everyone, have a marvelous day! 😄
                              JoeGee,Me too..You are welcome..

Comment

Working...
                              X