Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ Jan. 21st

Morning all

Absolutely nothing new to report here. Except it's warmer and it's raining.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning .. thanks to a "friendly" cat. I have been awake since 4am- ish. did not get up . just turned on lamp and did the crossword puzzle , did a lot of list making and thinking ... now it is time to get the day started..
    David doesn't Need us in at the hospital.. but I do like to be there when the Doctoring staff makes its rounds.. and get to hear their evaluations.. because David only half hears what the say and mostly chooses to ignore the other half.. He did get moved to regular type room.. so care is not as constant.. . they had a warning beeper on the chair and he kept squirming to get more comfortable or to try to stand.. and it keep beeping ... there was one on the bed too ...I guess its just reflex when you feel like you gotta go , you want to head for the bathroom.. ..Basically his main Doctor. says he is doing great...just now watching lungs ..capacity and any fluid build up.. the pain is "normal".. he says it is pretty darn intense pain. ..

so ,,,I did come in and read last evening ... Pat is doing nothing and has warm weather.. sigh .send me sunshine Pat.
    and hello to you all.. and thanks for just being here.. Donna is keeping me fed with goodies.. .

better get moving ... see you all later
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! Well it maybe a bit warmer and we got a dusting of more snow.

Yesterday was good. Went in & visited Uncle Dave and family at the hospital for a bit. Got home in time to get Blaise off the bus and then started in on making a nice dinner for my cooking customer of the day....my cousin Karen. When I went to sit down & play my game before going to bed at 11:30 I noticed I had a voice mail on my phone....missed call. Apparently when I went out to get Blaise the phone had hung and it was the guy from the restaurant....he wanted 4 pies for yesterday or today. Guess they have to be for today! I prepped a bit before going to bed. Found I had rolled out 3 crusts & they were in my freezer, so that was a head start.

So I'm up early baking 2 German Choc pies & 2 Dutch Apple pies before I have to leave for Bible study at 9:10am. I've missed the last 2 weeks, due to other stuff going on & me just forgetting. Once I get home from that, the pies will be cool enough to slice & deliver. He likes me to slice them because the waitresses made a mess of the pies when they slice them. Don't know what the rest of my day will hold after that.

Uncle Dave looked good, but he was in a lot of pain and was having a tough time coughing. Karen did say he got transferred to the Step Down Cardiac Unit early afternoon but was having difficulty breathing.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Glad to hear things are going fine Maye. Try to get some rest yourself. I went through this back in 92 with my husband but I was just 52 at the time which helped. I had to drive 90 mile to the hospital and would come home each night as my disabled mother lived with us and needed to check on her. I think I got around 3 hrs. sleep at night. I sure couldn't do that today! At the time it didn't bother me at all. I think we run on nerves in times like that.

We had our 4" snow yesterday, now I am ready for spring!

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Justy where are you? Illinois! OMG! 4". Couldn't deal with it.

Good news about Dave. Sounds like he is in the right place. Janet, you must take care of yourself. You know that.

Donna, send me a pie, please - apple is my favorite.

Had a tooth extracted and implant yesterday. Not supposed to do much for 24 hours. Don't do much anyway.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Oh Boy..I am late...

Maye...Mine do that sometime..To get me up too early..

Donna,Can you send me slice of that pie...I have the ice cream...

And here is funny cat pic..Poor cat..

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Expecting thunderstorms and rain throughout the day and night here today. Computer says it's 60 and foggy out there right now. Originally the forecasters said the rain wouldn't start until this afternoon, so I had plans of going down to the beach, but guess that will be another day.

Made chili yesterday for supper last night and it was tasty even though the temps weren't true winter temps that I'm use to. I usually eat what I want when I want, not based on temps.

Time to get breakfast and then hit the shower. Everyone have a good day.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning, not much going on here still cold with just a dusting of snow. Aunt Maye don't be to mad at KD since she is so attached to David, I'm sure she is missing him and worried with him not being there.

Comment

Well Bible Study got canceled...bugger. Good thing I texted a friend to tell her I was FINALLY coming. Dang...now what will I do that I know needs done? Laundry, cleaning, evil paperwork, lovely grocery shopping? Hmmmmm....think the grocery shopping is going to win out. Aldi's has their chicken breasts for $1.49/lb and need to stock up. I used over 5lbs with yesterday's dinner alone.

Darla...yesterday Aunt J said she woke to the cat laying on her which she NEVER does. Yes, the kitty misses her daddy.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                    Wow, I slept in this morning. It was well after 7am when I got up.
                    It's laundry time...I have just one load left, I think, but E will have to bring it to my laundry room.
                    I'm getting family's Feb birthday cards ready for sending. The kiddies' valentines will be written out after that.

The 70° weather is holding. Tomorrow and the day after it will rise both days. Now get this....on the day after that it plummets back to the low 60's. Weird.

E is struggling to get us off WW's app. They've "improved" it, which made it pretty useless. He quit a couple months ago, but is still being charged. He's ready for legal action if necessary. There is nowhere on the site to cancel, and it always takes him back to the sign-in pages. Pretty cruddy of them. They are getting a lot of complaints - so many, that we wonder if their own people slip in complementary ratings. There's just too much wrong with the site now.

Other than that, not much new. Next week will be busier.

Funny cat, Sassy!
                    Maye, I'm glad to hear David's doing well. Get some rest while you can.
                    Cookie, the pies sound so good!

Now I'm gonna go get my cuppa and my grahams!
                    Have a great day. Be the sunshine in other peoples' day. 🤗
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Steadily warming up...20 this morning and no new snow in the forecast. Made a pot of chili yesterday and another of butter bean soup but when Jon got in I didn't want any of that stuff and he just picked what he wanted and went into the man cave. We never saw each other the rest of the afternoon/evening. I settled in with a hockey game and he did something with the nail gun. Seems we are both pretty antisocial without the kids around. Not sure who will be in today but do have a sit down meal planned. So glad David is doing well.

Comment

Good morning, all. Hazy today but no rain expected until Friday night or Saturday all day.

Tried to post a day or so ago but couldn't. Everything is OK today,

Have a dish in the slow cooker. Recipe sounded good so I decided to make it. Don't do much crock potting but will try this. If it turns out OK I'll post in kitchen.

Gotta hit the shower. Everyone take care and keep warm.

Comment

Good news from Maye!
                          This is the first morning of no early girl: she will be coming with the new baby at mom's schedule. Probably in a few minutes.
                          I will be a bit on nervous energy till I get his schedule down...but the cuddling and snuggling will more than make up for it.
                          Take care and stay out of the weather...we don't have much sunshine in the forecast.

Comment

Good morning..sad day yesterday in parents part of Illinois. A 23 year old deputy died in a weather related car accident and the inmate he was transporting was hurt pretty bad. I knew the deputy and his mother was my case manger when I lived and worked in that area. I guess I will b going home for the services.

Volunteering today meeting this afternoon...hoping for is a for supper.

Comment

I was sleeping in this morning and thinking of a long day with nothing to do. Then, at 8:50am, I remembered that I was being picked up for breakfast with friends - at 915am! Needless to say I didn't shower this morning! We went to Cracker Barrel and the service was not good. The food was better than it usually is. But, I got a Carolina Gamecock sweat shirt for 50% off! The lettering is mint green and is really neat! I will probably wear it tomorrow as it will be colder because we might get the dreaded snow on Saturday!

I have done a load of dishes (dishwasher) and cleared off my kitchen counters. I need to do a load of wash, but
                              I will wait till after Mass tonight.

I went to the doctor yesterday and he says I have a blood clot in my left leg. I now have an appointment with the cardiologist in the morning. It is so good to hear that David is doing so well. I pray they get the pain and difficult breathing taken care of!

I think the batteries in my mouse are dead and I HOPE I have extras. Will try and get back later!

Have a great day, everyone!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                              X