Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ Jan. 11th

Morning all

Big championship football game tonight. ROLL TIDE!

Otherwise, it's back to the grind today.

36° here this morning. Brrrrrr!

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning everyone,

It ie early..Thanks to my two wake up call..lol.

This me early in the mroning...A bad hair day...

Enjoy the kitty pic..

Comment

Good morning...I had a wonderful birthday but difficult evening...Mom finally got me a humidifer for my room and cough meds that are helping a lot...I got some really great gifts. My parents are going to visit a kitty today...mom thinks it may be a good match. Some friends their church have her...she is 9 months old..she has been living in their breeze way but wants to be in the house with the people..if she comes to live with me her name will be wisk. If she isn't the one we will keep looking. If she is the one I will get a picture of her today...I also got a 14 carrot Gold bracelet from my granny. It had been hers...its very pretty. I also got a pair of black onyx earrings that had belonged to my mom. I think my favorite 2 gifts were my yellow purse..and my really warm scarf from my sister.

Today I will do as little as I possibly can...I have no plans to leave the house...just rest now that I am not coughing as much maybe I can get extra sleep...

Comment

Good Morning

have been awake for couple hours... This is the day of Davids test .. the heart catherization .. Karen will be driving and staying with me.. hoping all goes normal and he gets back home later today...
        Its really cold.. 13.. but the weather man is still saying some sunshine... hopefully the wind and snow are done for today..

Beth . what a nice Birthday.. sure hope your cough lets us soon.

Pat .what game are you watching tonight?.

made me grin again Sassygirl... have you ever had to bath a cat!.... a job done with leather gloves on.!

be back later tonight .. I hope.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Aunt Maye - Alabama vs. Clemson for the National Collegiate title!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Pat, did you get my reply? I hope I did it right.

Today will make the trip that I thought I'd do yesterday but didn't. Will add another store to the list as I need a couple of things since I'm out and about.

Everyone have a great day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! We have a skiff of snow out there & very cold, but at least the wind stopped blowing. It was really whipping out there at times last night.

Yesterday was nice. Made a few phone calls once we got home from church yesterday. Becca got rear ended before Christmas when her & my niece were going shopping. I suggested we get an estimate & call the young girls Dad to see if they just wanted to pay for it outright rather than turn it into the insurance & have their rates go up....the doom with young drivers. Well almost 3 weeks later and nobody made the phone call, so I finally called & talked to the dad and he's going to write us a check. Now that it's so close to the time that Becca is going back to school, we can't get it done until Easter break now. I told the man that because he was going to write the check out to the garage. Then I called the new customer that bought a 3 layer BD cake from me on Saturday to see how it went and if she was ready to order for her own birthday in February, which she HAD mentioned on Saturday. Not only did she order for her birthday, but she ordered for her nephew's birthday this Saturday. Going to build this business slowly but surely. I want to get it big enough that I don't have to think about getting a job next Fall when Blaise starts 1st grade. I never worked outside the home when my girls were in school & really don't want to do that yet with Blaise.

Becca & I went into town to pick up a Pizza Hut pizza for supper at my Mom's, did a bit of grocery shopping (chicken breasts were $1.49/lb!), and did Arby's for lunch...had a great time together. Puttered in the kitchen until it was time to go to my Mom's for cards. We invited my cousin's daughter (Aunt Mayes' oldest granddaughter) over to be our 4th and taught her how to play Hand & Foot. Lots of laughs, bonding time, and a new person to invite to play now. Family is so important to me and I don't want us to let the next generation of young adults grow away from us. They will if you don't invite & include. I've totally lost touch with my Dad's side of the family except for one cousin. Sad.

Today I think I'm going to do laundry and putter in the kitchen. There is a veterans' manor (that's what they call it) just down over the hill from me & I just found out they welcome homemade goodies. Think I'll make up some cookies & homemade applesauce and take down to them. I'm going to let them know they will now be my new "guinea pigs" when I want to try out a new recipe. I've got the ingredients to try out another coconut cream pie later this week.

Woke up praying for Uncle Dave this morning & Aunt J for peace beyond her understanding & good results.

Have a good one all!

PS: Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHINA!!!!!!!

Comment

Good Morning, a very cold one here in the North..snow on the ground, but ice underneath and lots of wind, school is cancelled around here..

No big plans here, just catch up on some housekeeping...having the hubby around sometimes throws me off kelter, LOL... need to find something that looks appealing for breakfast, wish I was a breakfast person, but I am not..force myself.

Yes Happy Belated Birthday Beth, sounds like you had a great day and nice gifts...a cat is a full time job and to clean up after, hope you are up to the task of keeping a litter box clean at all times and all other aspects of having a pet..

I have to decide what I want to fix for supper, sometimes I just get tired of cooking and would just fix myself whatever if not for the hubby..I do have leftover cauliflower and broccoli, a cream of broccoli & cauliflower soup sounds good with a slice of garlic toast..have some carrots I could add also..I think I just figured it out..

Well friends and family time to get myself moving...have a great day, looks like the sun is going to make an appearance and I don't want to miss it..
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Jostoy - nope.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                    Today will be mid-50's and freezing night. Starting tomorrow the temps should be about 60° for the rest of the week.
                    Not too much going on today. I slept with my compression stockings on last night, so the foot/ankle swellings are down. Guess I'll be cleaning up the kitchen and general picking up around here today.

The cat made me smile today, too, sassy. Yes, Maye, I've bathed cats. I've got it down to a science. DD used to bathe our tomcat. She'd wear 2 heavy shirts, her Levi's, thick socks, and gloves, and close herself and the cat into the shower....he could really scream!
                    After she moved out, it was my job. As long as I held the scruff of their necks, my cats didn't fight. But I used the sink, with a towel they could touch (a bit of "security" at the edge. I didn't need gloves. They'd be shampooed and rinsed in no time. They didn't fight me, though the tomcat would scream a bit every time. They'd get a massage-dry with a soft old towel. They could claw the towel if they wished. The female cat counted on that. Oh, and I'd talk to them softly as they were being bathed and dried. I miss them.

Well, time to get my cuppa ☕️.
                    Hope you all have a super-duper day! 🤗
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Pat, did I do it right this time?
                      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning, sun is shining but wind chill has it at -13 so it's cold. Have to go pick up meds after while. Kenny had actually fed the cats and let Fred in before he woke me up. Let's say I'm not a morning person and having a big baby wanting attention and to be played with isn't my idea of starting the day.

Comment

Another cold morning but it is nice to be back and drinking coffee with you even though I am not liking this winter weather at all. Both kids will be here for supper tonight so need to clear a spot in the kitchen to cook. Jon has switched to day shift so I am doing much more cooking and not enjoying it any more than I did years ago! I could not even remember what I used to cook every night. Jon and Drew both come in about the same time afternoons so we have been eating early and I like that. The top cabs in the kitchen are all painted and neatly filled. The bottoms will be easy. We are not even thinking of the new counter top and back splash until the appliances are set and we know what we have. Guess that means another month or so of the kitchen being a mess. Nothing goes fast...inside door going down the steps will not be installed until the 19 and that was ordered at Thanksgiving. All the outside doors are finally in and have made a big difference in appearance and heat! There is still trim to be put down in the family room but we wanted the kitchen finished. I have not gone back to do any reading so do not know the story of David's health but am glad they are doing tests just sorry you have to have the worry. Beth happy birthday...sounds like you had a good one. Jostoy you in Florida for the winter? Yay!! And did you husband retire Boffler? I so hungry for a good cake...if you lived close we would be very good friends cookie! Need to get moving and moving...enjoy your day everyone

Comment

Jostoy - YEP!

Comment

Good morning everyone. It is cold here and we have about an inch of snow, but for now the sun is shining. I will need to some laundry after James leaves and need to figure out what dinner will consist of. Sharon, I eat a late breakfast (oats) and then seldom eat lunch., I should eat all 3 meals with this diabetes but if I'm not hungry, I won't force feed myself.

Laundry and working on a painting today is all I have on my agenda. I do a little each day, can't do the major all in one day cleaning anymore.

Hope you all have a great day.....will be praying for Aunt Maye and Dave.
                              Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X