TUESDAY ~ 24 NOVEMBER 2015 ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUESDAY ~ 24 NOVEMBER 2015 ~

Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week is here. Two more days to prepare for the big day! I am going to have dinner with friends and wont have to cook. I have to admit that I miss not having to prepare dinner - and having leftovers!

It is 33 degrees and only 2:15 am. It will be freezing by 6a. I hope it will start warming up soon. I have to leave the house by 8am. Brrrr Did I remember to tell you that I HATE winter?

I couldn't sleep; so, I started this thread. Now, I cant stay awake. I can't win. LOL

I guess I won! I fell asleep. Just woke up.Can't think and have to go get coffee so I can gt ready to leave. ee ou later!!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good Morning! My morning got an early start when Cork came in to get my keys because his car won't start....great!

Yesterday was productive...sort of. After getting Blaise on the bus, I headed to WM & Aldi's. Cork wasn't able to get pecans at Aldi's the day before & I wanted to have enough incase I got calls for German choc pie. Worked out better anyways because I had 5 Fishers Nut coupons for $1 & WM had their pecans on sale for $8/lb, so I ended up getting them for $7/lb. Can never have too many nuts. Came home and worked on the ham dinner I was making for my cousin...cooking day! Once she got the food picked up and I had the kitchen clean, I started working on the sugar cookie dough. I pooped out and only got 18 doz baked off. Kathy & her friend Shawn showed up for dinner.

This morning I'm going to finish baking off the sugar cookie dough and then start organizing for my pie baking tomorrow. I'm a bit disappointed in how many pies I got ordered, but I keep reminding myself that the Lord gives me the business I NEED and not what I want. It'll give me more time to visit with Becca....who is coming home in less than 12 yrs!!! It'll also give me more time to get organized for the house full of company we will have here on Friday when we celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and a few others (Aunt J, U Dave, & Aunt Pearl).

Going to call my nephew and see if he has time to come & try jumping Corky's car. Hope that's all that's wrong.

Have a good one all!

Tags: None

Comment

Morning all

Well it seems Chris has my head cold. What a big baby. Somehow I managed to make it to work every day while I had it and he just had the sniffles and stayed home yesterday. I think the difference is he has never REALLY had a serious illness, so he just doesn't get it. It certainly changes your whole perspective.

Nothing new here. I have 4 desserts to make when I get home tomorrow afternoon and will deliver them either tomorrow night or early Thursday.

Otherwise, I'm at my desk and being a good girl. And it's time for more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning!

Hi Val! Hi Pat! Hi Donna!

I was awake reading recipes when the deer hunters showed up. Their trucks are quiet, but those put-put things they keep in the shed to get down to the deer blind are not.
        Wonder how long this is going on?

Is it too early to make the rolls for Thursday? I hope not because I have to make something ahead. Might as well head to the kitchen and get started.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

That ia my cat..Larry..He was helping with me the green beans.

He "Loved" green beans..And this one cute pic of him.

Comment

Good morning sassy the cat we had at home when I was growing up LOVED brocli..she would cry for it when mom would cook it...

Yesterday was good...Yesterday evening not so much..my sis was grumpy and I was a little bit myself...we ended up unloading on each other...I really really hope she doesn't try to make me go to the DMV today...I don't have time today...I can and will go next week and take the bus.

If I go any place by bus it takes the whole day...because you have to stay where ever you get off for atleast an hour waiting for the bus..then alot of times you have to go back to where they switch buses and sit for 20 minutes..

I was gone the entire day for a 10 o'clock doctors appointment. My brother in law dropped me at walmart..I walked from walmart to the doc's office then back to walmart to catch the bus...I do love my new doctor!!

Mom and dad where here last night I have some stuff to take care of before they come back...nothing huge...but I am leaving in the morning when I leave to volunteer won't be back here until after Thanksgiving...

Comment

Good Morning...woke up with a nasty headache, this time of year always gets me and spring...can hear a squishing when I move my head, etc. sinus. I did pick up 'stuff' from the drugstore yesterday and will take some as soon as I eat a little something.

To all that have or will pass this way today, a big HELLO...I will be getting started in the kitchen here shortly also, time to start getting things prepared ahead that I can and get my turkey in a brine solution...I didn't get my onions and celery chopped yesterday so I will get that done today..also will make potato salad as I like it better a few days later. So lots to get done and that means staying off of the computer. House cleaning to get done also...I did make the carrot cake cookies yesterday with cream cheese frosting, they are good, not a cookie I would make all the time, but good.

Today has started and I must get busy...take care one and all. Be kind to others, you never know what is going on in their lives or how they are feeling, some are just plain ole negative people too...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                🔮 I predict a rather busy couple of days ahead, in preparing for Thanksgiving. 😳 Don't panic.
                It'll all come together in the end. 🦃

I will be cooking for the two of us. So I need to defrost a couple of things to be ready. I'll be keeping it fairly simple.

Today, it's a trip to the PT/INR Clinic. We probably will stop in a few stores just for the heck of it. I do need a few things from Frys. I wonder if Target has baby things on sale?

Sassygirl, Larry is a cute cat. I think all pets like veggies. My Dad used to stick greens in the parakeets and canaries' cages, as they enjoyed that. The dog I had got all the scraps from food prep, plus leftovers from dinner plates, in addition to his dog food; a more beautiful, sleek, and energetic Labrador you couldn't find. And the cats, too, would want various cooked veggies in addition to their kibble. 😽

Cookie, have you thought of planting a nut tree in your yard?

Hi Val, Pat, Sharon, Paula, Justy, Maxie, Maye, determined, and all who follow.
                Also to the readers; Mickie, I hope to see you back here soon!

Have a good day. Relax and take deep breaths. 🌞
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. I didn't wake with a headache but after I took Lily out I got one. think it's because of so many people burning wood for heat. I can smell it every morning. Don't begrudge them because I used wood heat for years. Like the feel of it but not the mess.

Laundry day today. Hope I get it all cleared up soon. Should go now because no one else will be there but I haven't had breakfast yet. Grape Nuts with Brown Cow Maple yogurt.

I'm making pumpkin pies for our T-day dinner but I can find only one of my Pyrex pie dishes. I know I have two because I made the pies last year. I remember it well as I had to get the manager to open the can of pumpkin. The hand opener that I bought just wouldn't cut through the can. I soon got myself a new electric one.
                  I would like to get one of the old ones that hang on the wall but I haven't seen one in years.

Off to breakfast. Happy cooking everyone.

Comment

Good busy, windy wet morning! My lawn mowers are out in the weather and three kids are in here with me.
                    Beth, I had just told the one school girl about our cat who loved broccoli! Larry is the first cat I have seen eat green beans, sassy girl. What a cute picture!
                    My turkey does not seem to be thawing in my refrigerator. I will be doing a few hours of water boarding, if he doesn't get with it!
                    Tomorrow will be a travel day for my BIL's funeral. I have to Google map it :Sacramento National veterans cemetery. It isn't in Sacramento, though. I hate to think of the traffic on I 5 we will be driving in.
                    Becky is making pies today. She wants to use Sharon's recipe with cinnamon in it for the apple pie. Pecan pie is also on her agenda, but my mom will really want a pumpkin pie...in the past I have made the pumpkin pie cake, but it makes too much for the three of us. I think I will actually buy a pie!
                    I am enjoying reading about all your preparations! Thanks for sharing the moments!
                    Pat, what were your orders for?
                    Elaine, nothing says holiday like homemade rolls! You and Maye have got that down!
                    I need to get moving...have a wonderful day!

Comment

Aloha all!

Bim and I shall be going to Hana today to spend Thanksgiving with Patty and Walt. We will be back on Saturday. Since I am only taking my Ipad I shall be off line until Saturday.

Everyone Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving. We are taking the little Puddle jumper over there. I wanted to take my car but it worried Patty that I should do so. So it is only a 20 minute flight compared to a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comment

Paula - Chocolate delight, pumpkin pie, and chocolate layer cake with chocolate frosting.
                        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                        X