Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ Nov. 22 ~ the beginning of Thanksgiving week

Morning all

I'm up and at 'em this morning. Have dough in the bread machine and will make sausage rolls using Li'l Smokies for breakfast.

Chris is working again today. More changes in plans to our Thanksgiving week: we are now driving to Pensacola Thursday morning and eating lunch with his granny in the nursing home - then back to his Mom's for the seafood feast that evening. Then next Sunday we have to go back to his Mom's for his Dad's birthday celebration. Chris was whining and moaning about it last night and I started crying and said "I would give ANYTHING to be able to spend one more holiday with my Mom". I think he GETS IT now.

So I'm off to have more coffee and then get the laundry rolling. Y'all have a good 'un.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

I thought is great pic..How cold it is outside...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi everyone,
      I know how you feel, Pat. What I wouldn't give to see my grandparents as well as my parents one more time. I spent a LOT of time with my grandparents; and though my parents were often off track, I'm sure they did their best. And E's mom was a mentor to me, and I miss her, too.
      BTW, a very nice graphic this morning! ☺️

Sassy, how perfect this cat is! Looks just like my favorite cat, too. I like this cats attitude. Party on! 😜

Well, I've a few things to accomplish this morning, but will be back later.
      A good day to you, all!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning!

Pat, good for you. Make Chris feel guilty. He'll thank you for it later.

Hi Jo! Hi sassy! Love the cat.

Dragging this morning for some mysterious reason. Have my pumpkin bars ready for church but I need to get myself ready.

Have a good day. 33 here, but fireplace very cozy. Wish there were one in the bathroom where the shower is located.

Comment

Good morning fellow Rounders! I am so thankful for each and everyone of you. I am running a little bit behind and will be picked up to go to Adult Ed in just a few minutes. I shall return!
          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning...what am I thankful for ? I am extremely thankful for the new season of life I am experiancing...I do miss my friends..I do miss not seeing my parents as much...but I am so much happier here...I am not nearly as stressed. I can take time to stop and smell the roses...I am thankful for my 2nd family at the adult day care that I volunteer at. I honestly think I would be lost with out them. They are one of the best things that has happened to me. I am thankful for you all...((((Rounders))))

Plans for my day...small group Bible study this morning..finally remember to wash the dust mop things so I can do the floors...also plan on trying to stay dry.

Comment

Good Morning ,,, only 33 degrees and no sunshine (yet). the weather guy even said that word.....snow flakeslll. however........the furnace is running and I am warm and full. showered and dressed ..
              . ready to spend time with the "girls"... no church today,, having the girls here to make buns and cookies is going to be my church... our time together is so scarce these days .and baking buns for Thanksgiving is a Tradition. I started doing this when the 4 granddaughters were young... ((to teach them how to make my Moms recipe) and today was the only time open for them.. while the dough raises we will make some some dip-in-chocolate cookies. just for fun..

SassyG.another cutey....
              HI Pat... feel sure Chris will understand a bit better how quickly time passes and days together are to be cherished.
              Hi Bethina and Val.

better keep moving . get the all ingredients out on counter..
              I will be back this evening ... smiling and drooping..
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning all my Rounder family...the sun is coming out melting the dusting of snow we got, loved that everything was covered in white last night, just had to go out and savor the moment..

Pat, glad you let Chris know how lucky he is to still have his family and to enjoy, not complain about going out of his way to be part of the gathering..I miss my Mom & Dad and Grandparents during the holidays also, you just never know how much until they are gone..sure wish my hubby's Mom felt that way..she is not your typical 'Mother' per say and it bothers my hubby to know end.

Pretty bad when you invite her and her hubby for Thanksgiving and two days before she calls and says we are going to hubby's sons house for Thanksgiving...oh yeah, better offer...then again he ask her this year to come to our house for Thanksgiving, she says she doesn't know she will talk to hubby...well my hubby was once again upset that it is like she is waiting for a better offer...so I sent her an email and told her how hubby was feeling..they will be coming here for Thanksgiving..we have lived here two years, she only lives and hour away and has yet to come here and see the house nor us..OKAY that is my rant for the day!! She infuriates me...

Elaine, sometimes the get up and go got up and left without you!
                Sassy as usual, cute graphic...I think I will stay cozy and warm inside today.
                Pat absolutely love your graphic, says it all, we have so much to be thankful for if we just took the time to realize it..I thank God every morning and night for my life and what I have in it..

I have been up and was putting a breakfast casserole together...had things I needed to use up so use up I did. Yesterday was homemade fluffy buttermilk pancakes with real maple syrup...I don't buy real maple syrup often because of price, but every now and again you have to splurge...

Got my grocery shopping for Thanksgiving finished up yesterday, and have almost completed the quilt for my son, I think it will be finished today, and then I will wash it as the kitties loved it and every time I turned around they were sleeping on it, so need to wash it and put it in a bag..

Well hubby got the new shower door installed and the faucets in the bathrooms...like them all so much better...the shower doors are clear glass and frameless..our walk in shower has the frameless glass shower door also and love it...was surprised that after we installed it that we never had a problem with the mirror getting fogged up either..we both wipe the shower down after we use it, and only use liquid body wash. Sure cuts down on the cleaning..

Well I smell my breakfast casserole and I best get myself in gear...Have a great day one and all, and I also am thankful for all of you..each and everyone of you, look forward to hearing what is going on in your life...I always read everything with a positive attitude, makes a difference in how you see things..

Paula, Maxie, Kathy, Darby, Jackie, Mickie, so many others that are missing, to many to name off of the top of my head...please stop by and say hello...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, Yesterday it snowed all day but this morning the sun is shining so hopefully it will all melt. JoG even though I was very young when my Dad's parents died I still miss them, was only 6 when lost Granny but I did spend a lot of time with her when Mom and Dad were out in the field. didn't spend a lot of time with Grampy but can remember tagging along with him while he was doing chores and him taking the time to show me all the new babies. (come to think of it that maybe where I got into talking to the animals since he carried on a running conversation with them the whole time). My Mom's mom I wasn't very close to, I always felt she didn't like "kids" but now I know it is because she was ill, she suffered from migraines so always had to be quiet, go outside and play ect. when I was small she just always seemed like such a grumpy woman. Mom's Dad on the other hand I spent lots of time with after I was an adult, so glad I did because even though he would tell the same stories over and over again they always had a bit of "country boy" wisdom in them. Can remember when we kids were little he taught us to make home-made potato chips, sat a bunch of us down with potato peelers and a big bowl of salt water and then he would fry them up for us. There is a song "I hear voices" and yes I do, every day I can hear my Parents and Grandparents.

Comment

Good morning, all. Another cool, sunny day but rain coming Tue.

Nothing on my list today. Yesterday was a productive day. I cleaned my fish tank. Algae was getting pretty thick. don't know if the fish care but I do if I can't see them well.

Tomorrow it's off to get a haircut and pick up a few more things I need for the big day.

Wish I could go back to my paternal grandma. She had some issues and I would like to understand. She adored me I know that but she stormed out of my wedding because one of the guests was someone she hated. Later we went to visit my parents and wanted ME to apologize. I refused and Dad ordered me to do so but my new husband said I didn't have to. Whew!
                    Later I passed her on the street and she broke so we had our usual relationship again. She loved my kids, too.

Well, I'm thankful for so many things that I can't list them all: Because my youngest is in a wonderful marriage after 18 years of misery. My sis, Ada, who takes me where I need to go and never complains and hosts our family Thanksgiving since I can't do it anymore. I'm thankful for my grands because I love them all. Thankful for the stupid little dog who is hard to train and stubbornly OCD. Thankful for my cozy apartment and all the friendly folk here.

I could go on and on but those are the main ones.

Have a happy day.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is trying to peek out & man is it cold out there.

Yesterday was good. I got the rest of the cookie dough mixed up and baked off 4 of them. Jay called from the restaurant & ordered 2 more German Choc pies for yesterday afternoon, so I baked those before starting to bake the cookies. While they were cooling, I baked 3 different kinds of cookies so I could take them a plate with some fresh baked cookies. The two waitresses there were so excited to see me...LOL! The PIE LADY is here! They said they were obsessed with the Grm Choc pie and wanted to know if they could order a pie for themselves for Thanksgiving...of course! I'm guessing this is why the pies have been selling so well....the waitresses love them so they promote them...win, win. Leftovers for dinner...cleaned out the refrig of little containers of this & that. Started some chicken simmering for a pot of soup & another dish I'm making today. Rolled a bunch of cookie balls so I can bake those off today.

Right before we sat down for dinner Kathy texted me to let me know she was on her way to join us for dinner. I've learned not to wait on her because who knows when she'll actually show up. Good thing we didn't wait. As we were cleaning up she called...she ran out of gas. Fortunately she was right by a gas station (not sure if I believe she ran out or not). Anyways, I put the gas in her car...didn't hand her any $$. She came home, ate, showered, & was back out the door. She did give Blaise a shower, so that helped me. She supposedly has a job interview at a local gas station close to where she's been staying, which is smart. Her motivation? Christmas. She doesn't want to look bad by not being able to give Blaise anything. I told her he doesn't need or want much. Whatever floats her boat or motivates her.

This morning I got up early and made a choc roll that was ordered...another item checked off my list. Now to bake off some more cookies & make the pot of soup. I'm taking some soup & the chicken broccoli braid to my SIL this evening. That's where we are playing cards this week. My niece that's home from college will be our 4th. Anxious to see her & my nephew. My nephew is a senior in college and went for a job interview in Cleveland on Friday before coming home for the holiday. We are praying he gets this job. He won't know for a couple of weeks. I think it would do him good to be out on his own & away from my brother & SIL. He's very opinionated and they clash...because they are opinionated too.

I learned early on (late teens) to appreciate loved ones. Within a 5 year period I lost quite a few loved ones, including my Dad who was only 47 and both my grandparents. You just never know when the last time you'll see someone will be. I'm so thankful this year to be back HOME and among family.

Well...back to cookies....have a good one all!
                      Last edited by cookielady; 11-22-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                        Good Morning ,,, only 33 degrees and no sunshine (yet). the weather guy even said that word.....snow flakeslll. however........the furnace is running and I am warm and full. showered and dressed ..
                        . ready to spend time with the "girls"... no church today,, having the girls here to make buns and cookies is going to be my church... our time together is so scarce these days .and baking buns for Thanksgiving is a Tradition. I started doing this when the 4 granddaughters were young... ((to teach them how to make my Moms recipe) and today was the only time open for them.. while the dough raises we will make some some dip-in-chocolate cookies. just for fun..

SassyG.another cutey....
                        HI Pat... feel sure Chris will understand a bit better how quickly time passes and days together are to be cherished.
                        Hi Bethina and Val.

better keep moving . get the all ingredients out on counter..
                        I will be back this evening ... smiling and drooping..
                        Thank-you Maye..

Comment

Originally posted by ladyebug View Post
                          Good Morning!

Pat, good for you. Make Chris feel guilty. He'll thank you for it later.

Hi Jo! Hi sassy! Love the cat.

Dragging this morning for some mysterious reason. Have my pumpkin bars ready for church but I need to get myself ready.

Have a good day. 33 here, but fireplace very cozy. Wish there were one in the bathroom where the shower is located.
                          Ladyebug..It is too cute for words...Hello...

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                            Hi everyone,
                            I know how you feel, Pat. What I wouldn't give to see my grandparents as well as my parents one more time. I spent a LOT of time with my grandparents; and though my parents were often off track, I'm sure they did their best. And E's mom was a mentor to me, and I miss her, too.
                            BTW, a very nice graphic this morning! ☺️

Sassy, how perfect this cat is! Looks just like my favorite cat, too. I like this cats attitude. Party on! 😜

Well, I've a few things to accomplish this morning, but will be back later.
                            A good day to you, all!
                            JoeGee,,It is perfect..lol..One bad attitude..lol..

Comment

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday...one hundred percent of family was there...or the family that is here. Texas brother is somewhere with his family and doesn't usually join his sisters and brother here for any holiday. Andrew was so excited that when we hit St. Louis it snowed and rained and snowed all the rest of the way. Then got cold! Dropped into the 20s last night and frost is everywhere this morning. Drew and I have already stripped and remade beds this morning and I have a ton of bedding to wash and fold. Scott picked up the table my sister made me and will deliver it when he comes up Thursday. Of course now we have to squeeze in a Christmas tree so I won;t be able to decorate the living room until after the New Year. Tree in the family room is up and the train running. Lots to do today and I have a headache starting..must be the weather. Sunny and cold this morning. Guess that is typical November weather but we have gotten used to a warm/cool fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X