Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?

My dryer died again the other night. Checked the lint filters inside & out. Corky then got it working when he turned the timer knob clockwise & ask me if that's how I do it. NO! I have ALWAYS turned it counter clockwise, but if that's what it takes, I'll do it...for a while. The time runs down clockwise & to get it back up to the time I want, I always just turn it counter clockwise...why go past all the settings I don't want to use?

Which was do you go? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

How odd.... My drier works both ways, cookie. So I always turn it in the shortest possible turn....usually counter clockwise....to get to the appropriate setting.
    My washer, on the other hand, only turns clockwise.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Always clockwise on both...after breaking a dryer by going counter clockwise, was told that the 'teeth' or 'gears' got messed up because I did it counter clockwise. A manual would probably be your best bet...you can fix just about anything if you just ask youtube...it will show you exactly what to do...we have used it many times..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Guess I've been doing it wrong too. Kenny always uses the timed setting but I usually use the "more dry" setting but then he usually has to restart it when he does and I very rarely have to.

And yes yourube has how to fix about anything. Kenny has used it for his TV, the washing machine, the Explorer and I can't remember what all else.

Comment

I never think about YouTube, but it's a great idea.
          As for manuals....you can download manuals for most things from the web. I tend to misplace manuals, so I have downloaded my Dyson manual, the manual and recipes for my obsolete bread maker that makes 3/4-lb loaves which also led me to where some gal made up a lot of new recipes for it......and others.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Clock wise! I thought this might be the question of which way do you put the new roll of toilet paper on. Over or Under.

Comment

Oh Nalani that debate will never be solved, have a friend who used to put hers "under" when her kids were little, it stops them from unrolling so much when they go to the bathroom. She still does this in her daycare bathroom.

Comment

Mine dial goes only one way.
                "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                X