A TRYING TUESDAY 10 NOVEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A TRYING TUESDAY 10 NOVEMBER

It is a new day and I hope it I'll be a good day for everyone!

Today, at Noon, my son will be sentenced to a long prison term. If you are a person of prayer, please pray for acceptance. Good thoughts and wishes are also gratefully accepted!

We have had rain for the past five days and I feel like a wet duck. I am praying that today will be clear. The temperatures have dropped and they are in the 50s during the day. I had to turn on my heat last night and I am toasty and warm and dry at the moment. We were under a flash flood warning until 2 AM this morning this morning.

I actually did go to book club yesterday and then I went and had my hair done and got groceries. It was a very productive day.

I am so aggravated. I have lost the lens out of my glasses. The good thing, is that it was my old glasses. Until I lost the lens though they were usable. I don't have a clue where I could have lost the lens.

Well, it's time to go in and get some coffee. Have a super day. Hopefully, I will check back in later.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good Morning 😊

Val, thinking of you today. Can't even imagine what you must be feeling.

No news from here except that John is still not well. He promised to see the doc again, so we'll see if that happens.

More soup coming up!,

Comment

And everyone have a nice day..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Oh Val, big hugs for you.

Arrived to work at 5am only to remember that they changed the door locks yesterday and I never received new keys. So I had to call a co-worker who lives nearby. She drove up in her pj's and let me in.

Lots to do today, so I'll bid you all a good day.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...My parents are leaving today... I will miss them...I am hoping they are able to get away for a few days but if dad's blood pressure is still up they will be going home I think..I am honestly not sure will find out when I go up stairs...I haven't ventured out of my room yet this morning...Today is my volunteer day A high light of my week...! I made brownies to take with me today..and printed a couple of puzzles for one of the older men than loves puzzles...I honestly am not sure what my afternoon will bring maybe a bus ride not sure...I do need to get my Missouri identification card...that may need to wait for Friday...

I may have some company this evening....On Sunday while driving home from church the window on the drivers side of sisters new van broke out...so their van is in my garage...my brother in law may be over to try again to fix it...I will be glad for it to get fixed so that I can put my bike back into the garage. Right now I can't get to my bike with out a hassle and had to walk to the store yesterday and pull my basket home. Much better and easier to use my bike.

Comment

Good rainy morning, all. I thought this storm was over but when I went to take Lily out found it was still raining. Thank you Niño. More expected in a few days.

Still haven't done my laundry. Just dragged around all day yesterday.

Brain is still not functional so will just ~~~~~~~~so you know I'm here.

Elaine, thinking of John and hoping Dr. gets this taken care of.

Comment

Good Morning...I am plum tuckered out, has been a very busy, busy few days from the time we left Thursday until we got home last night..I have spent over 20 hrs. in a vehicle going and coming plus all the other trips to places once we got there..have shopped with an 7 and 8 yrs. old at the Justice store, made an early Thanksgiving Dinner for all of us, their choice Grandma's ham dinner and pumpkin pie, and also a big country breakfast Sunday morning, my son in law loves my homemade sausage gravy and biscuits, as well as my daughter, now the two grandgirls also love it..also went shopping at a Home Store which I loved, also Michaels to help the grandgirls with a turkey project, played spoons with the girls, and many other things...had a wonderful time, we left Sunday evening, traveled for about 4 hrs. then stopped at Holiday Inn Express, we always break the trip up when traveling to GA. The youngest one was afraid I would not be there when she got up on Sat. morning, so at 6:30 a.m. she was beside my bed gentle rubbing my arm saying, "Grandma you awake?" and so my day began..Love those little ones so much, amazing how really smart they are, both in the gifted program at school...my daughter and son in law keep them both busy in activities at school, church, sports, music, arts, etc.

BUT, also glad to be back in my own bed last night, even though the cats also wanted to make sure I was still there this morning around 5:00 a.m. I always unpack as soon as I get home, wish the hubby would, LOL instead of letting his suitcase sit there for a week, maybe more. And trust me he is stubborn enough that if you mention it he will let it go longer!! Oh yeah, I did buy a few Christmas gifts while there, the girls want desk/vanities for their rooms, so I bought them and left them there for daughter to put together and let them have them Christmas morning from us...they will have other things here to open when they are here for the holidays..so many families to visit while here, his and hers and lots of other relatives..hard to make a schedule that works for everyone.

Elaine, so sorry John is not getting better, they need to be finding out just why that is, he needs another trip to Dr., not like him to be down so long.

Val, I know it has to be hard on you knowing what is coming for your son, all you can do is pray for him, the rest was up to him and he made very bad choices and now has to pay for those choices..You are in my prayers..

Beth, sounds like you are settling in pretty good, all things do work out, glad you like the volunteering...if your Mom & Dad can get away that always brings the blood pressure down, stress is not good, nor worry...

Pat, they change the locks and didn't give you one, shame on them...that is not right..

Well it rained pretty much all the way home yesterday and it is raining right now, and it rained the whole time we were in GA...so many leaves outside but they will just have to wait unless it snows on top on them... Well time to get moving, I truly think I will be taking a little morning nap here shortly, not as young as I once was and traveling takes a little more out of me.. That and lack of sleep while I am gone and after I get home..Good day for a pot of chili and grilled cheese sandwiches, that will be supper..

Have a good day one and all..and even though it is raining outside, inside my heart and soul feel GREAT!!!

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I am back again...came back by to let you all know dad's blood pressure is better today....PatT I got my irl list thanks....and Pumpkin I am praying for you today and your son as well.

Comment

Good RAINY Morning! I swore I typed up of post yesterday, but I must not of hit enter.

Anyways, I had a wonderful visit with my friend Maureen. We got LOTS of applesauce & apple butter made for the year. Saturday we spent most of the day with Becca. Had lunch & shopped with her. Well rather Maureen shopped & we were along for the ride. She did her Christmas shopping for Becca, so Becca did a lot of trying on of clothes. Maureen left early Sunday morning. Played cards Sunday evening with my Mom, her friend Dorothy, and my SIL. Back into our routine.

Yesterday since my cousin canceled me cooking her dinner, my Mom & I decided to go into town. I had to pick up my new glasses at WM and of course find a bunch of stuff I didn't realize I needed...LOL! Had lunch out and then stopped at Giant Eagle and Aldi's for the rest of the stuff we thought we needed. Came home and made a nice dinner.

This morning I have a parent/teacher conference at the school...yearly thing. Will come home and work on canning the bushel of tomatoes Linda gave me last week. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Elaine...I'm worried about John.

Time to head out the door....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, friends.
                    Yesterday my appointment took most of the day. The doctors seemed to be delayed by at least 1-1/2 hours. But at the Cancer Center, I always remember when my doc spent 2 hours with me when I needed it. One man was there from 9:00a, got his blood drawn, at noon they needed to redo his blood tests. When I finally saw my doctor's head nurse got checked, made my next appt, he was still waiting to see his doc. He is a leukemia patient. He and his wife were really great to talk with; we seem to have similar backgrounds (from the midwest) and interests. Hope we get to see them again. Anyway, we got home mid-afternoon, so the day was shot. E offered to take me to a restaurant, but I nayed that idea due to the sodium factor. My ankles don't look terribly swollen, but you don't see my ankle bones....that means they're swollen. E told me to order compression socks online. The nurse agreed with me, the problems with my current stockings is the wrong compression, so are not helpful. I need mediums, not light compression. I posted some about my appointment near the end of yesterday's posts.

Today E wants to take in a movie. So that's on today's agenda. I'll have to dress warm....theaters are cold (to me), and today will only be in the low/mid 60's.

Val, yes my thoughts will be with you today. I'm so sorry you must deal with that.

Elaine, I do hope John will see his doctor. That virus is a serious one. It fees like forever before it all stops. Mine sure left me very weak, after 3 weeks of it.

Sassy girl, I love that "Kitty Rockwell" picture. That's a very good take on Norman Rockwell's painting. Thanks for today's smile.

Pat, I guess you'll get your new keys today, then. 👍

Beth, sounds like you have good of plans for today. Enjoy whatever you'll be doing. Those seniors will love you. Brownies...yum!

Barb, we should be having a rainy day sometime after the weekend.

Well, I guess I'll fix myself some oatmeal this morning. E sleeps til mid-morning usually, as nights sleep eludes him. Then I'll take today as it comes.

Hope everyone has an excellent day. 😄
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning not much new around here, have noticed the neighbors haven't been letting the kids out much and have been making them stay in their fenced back yard. That is a good thing for us as they can't bother Fred because we have a wood fence, but on the other side there is only a chain link fence so they can still bother the neighbors little dog.

Val praying for you and yours. Like Boff said you can only do the best you can to teach them right from wrong and they can still choose to make bad choices and when they do they have to pay for them. We all need to remember that we are to LOVE the sinner but we can HATE the sin.

Boff, so glad you had a great trip and visit with your daughter and grand daughters.

Comment

Wow, looks like a bunch of us were typing together.
                        Boffler, glad your trip turned out so well.
                        Cookie, glad you had a good & productive visit with your BFF.
                        Darla, I hope the new neighbor's will learn how to play nicely with others.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...I am ignoring the treadmill and sitting with my little dog and you all.
                          Elaine, these viruses that hang on really take a toll. Rest and more rest....prayers for John.
                          Val, you and Donald are still in my prayers, too. I have always admired your strength and commitment.
                          Pat, that was a cute picture you painted of your co-worker coming in Jammie's...friends in need!
                          Sharon, your trip sounds like everything you wanted it to be! And super memories for the girls until your next Trip!
                          Donna, I now want apple butter! And of course, biscuits to go with the apple butter...and a pork roast? See what all your cooking and baking does?
                          I spent A lot of time last night getting the pictures ready to decorate the Thanksgiving boxes. Everything but the crayons and markers are ready by the door. I need the crayons in daycare, then I can take some of them ( I have a huge container) this evening. It made me remember taking crafts and cute handouts up to church camp...that was when I learned to get one project at a time completely ready and in boxes or bags and lined up at the door. Mother entry way looks like a delivery service!
                          Oh, I finally got everything off the table and a tablecloth on and a new centerpiece.
                          I sure hope this day goes well for all of you. Sending you a hug and a smile, (Rounders)

Comment

Good Afternoon..

slept -in... which was wonderful.. except I got up sort of light headed.. like I had not had enough oxygen OR . i'm coming down with a "cold"... but by the time I got through the morning . it has cleared up...... decided to call ins. company and switch health plans, and made myself go to the phone and just DO IT.... was a simple process but took over 1/2 hour... got two nice, very help ful. people. I ask lots of question of #1 young man ,Amos.. ( I always ask for their names)... and #2. was Jaliesha.. had an accent but I ask her to speak slower and little louder, which she did. after she finished mine paper work , D.got on the extention and she went though the whole spiel again for him... .. So now David and I are switched .. Premium this year will a LOT lowers. benefits are same, maybe even better ....

Sharon , enjoyed reading about your wonderful weekend!.. be sure to rest up tho'!.
                            Sassygirl.. Love love your picture today. it was an instant giggle.

Glad you guys out west are finally getting much needed rain... we have rain today.. you could have had it too.?
                            Hi Darla, JoG. Bethina. and Pat.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Val)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))... thinking of you today ... heartache for Momma.. but Boff is right.
                            Wrong choices has consequences...prayers for him and you .

ELAINE... get that man back to Dr... really getting worried about John now.

Donna..What a great good time you and M. had... she is a real gem of a friend..

now that the insurance is taken care of .. I can relax... and putts away the day.
                            DWTSs was a shocker last night ... was no expecting the results to go that way...was hoping Tamar would have went.

Lunch time.. see you all later .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                              Good morning, friends.
                              Yesterday my appointment took most of the day. The doctors seemed to be delayed by at least 1-1/2 hours. But at the Cancer Center, I always remember when my doc spent 2 hours with me when I needed it. One man was there from 9:00a, got his blood drawn, at noon they needed to redo his blood tests. When I finally saw my doctor's head nurse got checked, made my next appt, he was still waiting to see his doc. He is a leukemia patient. He and his wife were really great to talk with; we seem to have similar backgrounds (from the midwest) and interests. Hope we get to see them again. Anyway, we got home mid-afternoon, so the day was shot. E offered to take me to a restaurant, but I nayed that idea due to the sodium factor. My ankles don't look terribly swollen, but you don't see my ankle bones....that means they're swollen. E told me to order compression socks online. The nurse agreed with me, the problems with my current stockings is the wrong compression, so are not helpful. I need mediums, not light compression. I posted some about my appointment near the end of yesterday's posts.

Today E wants to take in a movie. So that's on today's agenda. I'll have to dress warm....theaters are cold (to me), and today will only be in the low/mid 60's.

Val, yes my thoughts will be with you today. I'm so sorry you must deal with that.

Elaine, I do hope John will see his doctor. That virus is a serious one. It fees like forever before it all stops. Mine sure left me very weak, after 3 weeks of it.

Sassy girl, I love that "Kitty Rockwell" picture. That's a very good take on Norman Rockwell's painting. Thanks for today's smile.

Pat, I guess you'll get your new keys today, then. 👍

Beth, sounds like you have good of plans for today. Enjoy whatever you'll be doing. Those seniors will love you. Brownies...yum!

Barb, we should be having a rainy day sometime after the weekend.

Well, I guess I'll fix myself some oatmeal this morning. E sleeps til mid-morning usually, as nights sleep eludes him. Then I'll take today as it comes.

Hope everyone has an excellent day. 😄
                              JoGee....Is that cute picture..I thought everyone had bad day..Thought this will cheer someone up..I did not do it..I found it..On facebook.It is Norman Rocwell..You should see what...I have tomorrow..lol..Smile...

Comment

Working...
                              X