Good Thursday Morning, Nov. 5th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thursday Morning, Nov. 5th

I am up and getting ready for the road this morning, actually my stomach woke me up, was having a really bad pain, it is gone now, but now I have a terrible headache! Not good on a traveling woman..a 10 1/2 hr. drive, we usually drive until we are about 3 or 4 hours away and then get a room for the night..I made chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and no bake cookies yesterday as my grandgirls had a request for chocolate..also taking other goodies, LOL..they love Mom/Grandma to cook for them, and I love doing it.

I will be hitting the shower and getting the cooler ready here pretty soon, hubby is still sleeping, oh the life of the man, all they need do is get out of bed, shower, pack a bag and say they are ready.. I have to get up so much earlier with having Crohn's just to be able to get the day started early, hope to be on the road by 8:00 a.m. So have to eat a little something so I can take my meds which in turn makes me have to spend time in the bathroom...no good deeds go unpunished, LOL...

Well not much on my mind this morning, head hurts to bad, going to let some home water try and loosen it up...this time of year and spring always bring me headaches, will be taking some allergy meds also..well ya'll, will be back Tuesday morning I hope...if I get the chance, which might not be to likely, I will drop by and say hello...

Have a great day and wonderful weekend, enjoy the last of the nice weather..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Morning to you all.

We will be on the road shortly too... David decided to fast overnight and get the lab work done this morning , get it off the list... Dr. office called . all the other test are now scheduled for local out-patient (urgent) care building about 5 miles from here.. for Nov 20th.
    ....we will stop and have breakfast out ... his favorite meal,, then shop a bit at Walmart.
    Thursday is mostly the day I vacuum ,dust , etc .. but it will wait .. it never goes away by itself.....
    so hi to all.. be back later .
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Sharon, have a wonderful trip!

Janet, hope your day goes well.

I have a sick husband. Upper respiratory. Bad cough. Went to doctor yesterday, but not much help for a viral infection. This is his 4th day of it, and I'm trying to stay out of his air space. Thank goodness he's a man who takes care of himself. Just praying I don't come down with it.

I've already disinfected 2 bathrooms and will work on the other one when he gets up. Finally made that veg soup yesterday and will do a stew today. He like soup. What can I say?

Hope all is well with everyone. Hugs to All

Comment

Morning all

Safe travels to all!

Elaine - dang it! I bought the stuff to make Hamburger Veggie soup, but can't make it until this weekend.

We are going out to dinner tonight - 2 weeks ago I bought a certificate from Captain Anderson's restaurant (http://www.captanderson.com/) - it was $40 for $20. One of my favorite waitresses has been there 25 years and will be waiting on us. It will be GREAT.

So I'm off for more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning! Safe travels Sharon!!!! Yesterday was gorgeous. A perfectly clear sky and warm. In fact, if I hadn't packed all my shorts the day before, I'd have been wearing a pair.

Yesterday was tiring but good. It took me most of the day to cook & bake for customers. Aunt J popped in to drop off my roaster that she borrowed and we had a nice visit. I got blessed...I'm always looking for them!...I took a pie to Linda from the farmer's stand that I baked for this summer. She ask me if I knew anyone that would like a bushel of roma tomatoes and I ended up with them. We sorted through them and took out those with marks because I won't be getting to them until next week. I spent the evening picking up btw commercials trying to get ready for my friend Maureen who is coming this afternoon from OH. She hasn't been able to come the last couple of years due to scheduling conflicts, so last November we picked this year's weekend and I got put into her vacation schedule at the beginning of the year. We'll be making lots of applesauce and apple butter. Tonight will be the apple butter. We'll get it made up and have it simmering all night. Tomorrow will be apple sauce. Saturday we may make more sauce and then go up to visit with Becca. She's been wanting to see where Becca is going to school for the last few years and it just hasn't happened.

Well, best get busy. Have a good one all! Enjoy your dinner out Pat!

Comment

Good Morning. not much going on here.

Boff have a safe trip, don't have to tell you have a great time, know you will.

Comment

Good morning. Another cold (for me) day ahead. High today is supposed to be low 60's again. But tomorrow and the weekend will be back in the 70's. Colder weather seems to be weeks early this year.

E finally got the Halloween stuff stashed in the car. Now I can clean, sweep, vac, etc., in here.

Oh, that kielbasa dinner last night.....turned out it was a kiszka (black sausage) in the freezer. Well, I like
              the stuff. Unfortunately. I anricipated that, so had fixed him a pork chop. He was willing to "try" the kiszka, but took the tiniest of tastes, then put the rest on my plate. Other than that, dinner turned out very good.

The house is very chilly this morning. Guess I'll get my big fluffy warm robe, and make some hot tea.

Sharon, have a wonderful trip.
              Maye, E has become my chauffeur. I question my vision, and I really don't like driving any more.....too many crazies out there these days.
              Elaine, that viral thing sounds like what E & I had to deal with through September. Hope John gets well soon.
              Pat, that's a great coupon. Enjoy your night out!

To everyone, have an excellent day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning I am feeling better this morning but will stay quiet for one more day...I have plenty that needs done here at the house before I leave for a couple of days and one night...not sure how many days I will be gone but I will leave around 8 in the morning and then come home either Saturday evening or Sunday after church....my parents are bringing me back and will stay a few days...another quiet day...headed back to bed for a bit...need to charge my tablet..I got a couple of new books on my tablet from library.

Comment

Sitting and waiting for the door guy. He did not call to say he wasn't coming but then again he did not call to say he was coming...so we are waiting and guessing. We have decided to not start the kitchen renovation until after the Holidays. Besides I need a month of not being torn up! Wish I could post a picture of how nice the telephone table looks. This must be a big deal day because my son is up early...cross your fingers that the door guy shows! Happy and safe travels to those on the roads today.

Comment

Hidey Ho.....been MIA for a couple of days. Doc appt. one day then home project yesterday that is hanging in mid-air. WR was replacing faucets at the vanities in both baths. He has this little problem......when he lays on his back and tries to work overhead.....he gets sick to his stomach. So.......we're going to try this......I will do the overhead stuff ( following his expert instructions - LOL ) and all that will be left is for him to tighten everything up and give it the final inspection. Teamwork !! When you reach those wonderful "golden years", you do what ya gotta do, ya know ?

Doc appt. for me didn't actually turn out like I had hoped. We've been trying to wean me away from some of the meds......isn't gonna happen. Blood pressure all over the place ( mostly high - TOO high ) so that med stays with me. Dang it !. Can't win.

Ok then.....back to this uber exciting life we've got going on down here. Take care now.

Comment

Good chilly morning here. Jo, we have the same temps as you. Yesterday along with low 60's , we had a breezy wind that kept it very chilly. So far, no wind.
                      Early children: one at 6:50 ( mom said 6:45), the other at 7:00 on the dot. So I changed my schedule a bit and put off the treadmill for later.
                      I got the kitchen swept and swiffered and that was part of my " not negotiable " list.
                      Did I say yesterday it was my WA son's birthday? He turned 38! The whole school did surprise cards and signs and sang Happy Birthday every time he appeared! He is very involved with the students and parents and staff have mentioned it.
                      Sharon, I know you will have a wonderful visit. Can't wait to see your photos!
                      Elaine, Zicam! Preventive medicine can really help when the people around you are sick. Hope David gets better soon!
                      I hope those doors are hung today! And I think waiting till after the holidays is a great decision!
                      Have a good, productive day!

Comment

Good morning, all. Frost the last two mornings. Reminds me of when I was in grade school and would break the ice on puddles. Didn't wade in them though.

Fasting blood work yesterday so left at 7:30 and didn't have a very long wait for the test. Nice male phlebotomist with a very tall chair. I had bit of a struggle getting into it. I commented and the woman in the next chair said it was because he was so tall. I said next time I would ask for her. She is just about as short as I am.
                        Then Ada and I went to a nearby restaurant and had breakfast of chicken fried steak, hash browns, eggs, and toast. I was starving but I couldn't eat it all. Went and paid off my Lowe's bill. One by one I'm getting them all paid off. On to Walmart for a few things and then home. For once I wasn't exhausted after all that. I am feeling better most days. Don't see why I couldn't have started feeling better a week ago and gone to my daughters wedding.

Elaine, I hope John recovers quickly and you don't get it. Hate those things.

Running out of time here. Have a great day, all.

Comment

My doors...my beautiful doors....are NOT going to be hung today. The special order door is the wrong size and the glass door is left hand instead of right hand and there is a gash in the bottom of the storm door, plus rain is moving in. There are very few decent words I can use to describe my feelings after waiting since September 17 for these doors. The front porch cannot be painted this fall and we cannot finish the basement family room without that special order door hung. This carpenter looks more like a science teacher and swears he will be back with the correct front door and new storm door tomorrow and will put a rush on the reorder of the new basement door. Like I said, anything I say now will not be fit for human ears....I am going in to change clothes and go shopping.

Comment

Gosh, I am late today. I was up early and got sidetracked. The first thing I did was break my glasses. I will go to Lenscrafters tomorrow. I broke the temple and the lens won't stay in. Grrrrr

I finally got the stuff that had to get out of the closet back into the closet. I did manage to clean out some stuff that needed to be tossed.

I did my dishes and now, I plan on working some more on my Christmas card labels. I am so grateful to have wonderful, talented friends who can do address lists!

I hope that all who are having issues with illness (John, Bethina, David, Maye, JoG, etc. will recover soon and completely!!

Travel safely, Sharon and have a great time.

Donna - I hope you have a great visit with Maureen! It sounds like great fun.

I guess I will go and get a load of laundry done. I have let it collect and now don't want to bother with it

Have a great day everyone! Happy Birthday, Kimberly!!!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Barb, when I was in grade school, my mom would buy me those brown Oxford shoes (not saddle oxfords, but all brown). Every year they really hurt my feet, whether or not we got them X-Ray checked for fitting (remember that?). I would end up with blisters on my toes, sides of my feet, and the entire heel. Believe me, I walked through every puddle available! For relief! Eventually the shoes stretched to my foot size. Mom had a deaf ear to my pain. And I'd get yelled at for the look of my sodden shoes. Finally, one day I showed my dad my feet, all blistered. When we started having PE in school, I got those white gym shoes. I started getting those shoes in double quantity --- one for gym, and one for everyday. No more blisters, no more arguments between my parents about my shoes, and no more pain! (By then I'd had the habit of stepping where I shouldn't. Puddles. Tar bubbles where they were putting in our street for the first time. Stuff like that. Hard habit for a kid to break.).

😄
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X