No announcement yet.

The Dr. visit that had no answers.. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dr. visit that had no answers.. :)

David Dr visit to the neurologist was good yesterday... Dr.E is a nice , likable guy... full of questions but no answers.

He checked out Davids eyes. and did a few things with how he used his eyes. arms. but then said.. ok we will need some test done.. . for elimination process. It could be you are having small stokes, so order an MRI... it could be the beginning of myasthenia gravis,...so ordered blood work... also want the carotid arteries on the neck checked with a Doppler test...
    and since he might have metal in his eye. ( from his job many years ago).. the will do x-ray on eyes first before the MRI..
    after all these are completed.. this month .. then we go from there... in the meantime.... please do not drive.. if the double vision episodes are at random times.. with no apparent pattern .. you should not be the driver..
    I volunteer the information that I have been doing most of the driving ...( he does need a cataract removed ).. and Dr. told David, Clearly.. Your wife Must drive you.. in a very gentle voice said ,I could turn this in to the MVD..but won't just now . ( Mvd=motor vehicle department ).

so I am now my husbands chauffeur ...I will miss having him make the short runs for milk or bread. or pick up my library books.. but I most definitely do not want him to drive ... when the double vision hits. it is an instant thing and can hang on from 2-3 min. to half-hour.

so the long wait begins ..

I will make a bet with you all.. that it is tied into his Diabetes somehow..
    that stuff does mean tricks to nerves. blood vessels , kidneys etc etc..
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 11-05-2015, 07:12 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Thanks for letting us know. Glad they are taking him off the road until the test are completed...as we age, we just take care of each other...and for those that their spouse isn't with them anymore, hope they have family or friends that help them.. I also think diabetes takes it toll on people, hope anyone that has it does not push the limits and do what they need to do to stay healthy.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Thanks, Maye.
      Sharon, you're absolutely right.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aunt Maye, be glad that you have a Dr. that didn't just say "it's the diabetes" and brush off the problem.While yes it can cause lots of problems but sometimes there are other things going on.

Comment

Thank you for the update.

Comment

Good to start the process to get the answers!

Comment

This doctor sounds like he is a keeper! I know that it is tough to wait - and to have to go through all those tests, but it will be worth it!

I agree about the diabetes, but I wonder if that is what is causing the double vision. IMHO I would think that the opthamologist would have been able to tell if the diabetes is the cause.

Keep us posted! I am still praying for you guys!
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Val... the ophthalmologist. did say it was not the Cataract causing it... but he was being very cautious .. wanting the things tested that the neurologist is having David get done.. the possibly of small stokes. his blood pressure tho' is great all the time , better than mine.. the MG. is a likely candidate ..
                He did get the lab work done today ..... so what ever it was to disclose... that report will be at Dr. tomorrow.. maybe be Clue 1.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I hope that this Dr. can find the problem and be of aid in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X