HAPPY HUMP DAY 4 NOVEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY HUMP DAY 4 NOVEMBER

Good morning everybody. I'm surprised that nobody is here yet.

I am wide awake sleepy! I can't seem to sleep but I am tired. I think my thyroid medicine is doing a job on me.

I did not get to go yesterday, but the person I would have voted for one. After 24 years, Aiken is getting a new mayor. I really really really like the old one but he decided to retire. That was not good news for Aiken.

It's supposed to be yucky today-cloudy, rainy and a high of only 69°. I guess wintertime is really coming fast. Are you still love the winter season I love the snow and the cold, but getting old has change that.

I have a council meeting this afternoon. And I'm not looking forward to it, but I have to go.

I still have the dehumidifier in my apartment, but I don't think it's working. I have to call the apartment office this morning and see what the heck is going on. They should've been in on Monday to check the carpet. I suppose they might have come in, but I seriously doubt it.

I need to turn my air conditioner off. I don't really need to turn the heat on yet.

I wish everybody a fantastic day. Enjoy whatever you do!
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

I'm here! Just been busy doing deposits and paperwork. Gotta get them done before I can even begin payroll.

Nice and quiet here - just like I like it!

More coffee and work. Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning Rounders, the world, the sleepyheads, the go to workers, etc., etc. I am grateful to wake up to another day on this beautiful thing called life...Loving all the fall colors, the gentle breeze, the crunching of leaves under your feet, warm sun on my body. SO much to be grateful for, feeling better and doing all that I can while it is better...I truly do try and take adavantage of my good days or times, they can be so fleeting..jostoy saw it first hand how quickly it can change for me..

I got all the things done yesterday I wanted to accomplish, got the car washed, vacuumed, oil change, and the recall thing taken care of..got some shopping done, and also got my quilt ready for the binding to be put on...also got a voice message from my grandgirls who wanted to talk to me...they wanted to know when I was coming to see them, when I told them I would be there Friday all the screams came!!! They are over the moon excited and putting in their request, make some things chocolate, and make them a pumpkin pie, LOL...love my grandgirls..I will take them shopping while we are there, they always love that..and we the grandparents love to spoil them a little also.

So today I shall get the laundry done, house a quick once over, make/bake a few goodies, pack a bag and be ready to go bright and early tomorrow morning..So excited about seeing everyone, never enjoy the drive, but love what is on the other end of that drive...

It is 60 degrees already this morning, heading into the 70's, crazy weather for Nov. but that is fine by me..Oh, I found that both cats have fleas, mind you they never go outside except in the kitty walk, went to the vet got flea drops but they are still there, so will go today and get a spray for the house, and another round of flea meds...also will be spraying the back deck where they go in their kittywalk, last night they had a visitor, another cat!! Plus squirrels are up on the deck also..hubby will be spraying the yard, I will not rest until I know there are no fleas in or around the house...

Well time to get going, read the news and get my day started...

Be grateful be thankful, be kind, and most of all, think positive, if you think positive most things do not seem so big...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

Pat, that is the question we were asked at church Sunday, and we had to share with a neighbor next to us. ALL of us had plenty to express. My list is endless.

Sharon, we have 1 cat who goes outside but we've never had a flea problem, thank goodness. We have a flea comb that we used to use to check him, but we no longer think about it.

John will be making a trip to the doctor this morning. I will be making soup. Yesterday he had chicken and rice for lunch and potato for supper. I still need to make the vegetable.

Hope all is well. Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning, all. Lily is still on DST so we're up way too early. First thing we have to do is go for her short walk. It's cold out there, 34º so I didn't want to stay out. Clear but we may have had a little more rain during the night as the shrubs have pretty, shiny water droplets on their leaves even though the pavement is dry.

No breakfast for me as I have fasting blood tests today. Nothing is wrong but I have my annual check-up Tuesday so have to get them into my Dr. before then.

Boffler, have a great trip. Sounds like you will have a great time with kiddies.

Ladyebug, Pat and all who follow have a good one.

Comment

Good Morning. Kenny got the Explorer back on the road yesterday (Thankfully he knows mechanic work and can still do it, even if it takes him longer). He came in with a new kitchen "toy" day before yesterday. The dingbat bought herself an electric pressure cooker and decided that she didn't like it so she sold it to him, Cooked a pork roast in it yesterday and he loved it, even made himself a sandwich as a snack. I just have to get used to the timing for cooking in it, Used to use the old stove top ones, but haven't for years since the gaskets wore out and when I did find new ones they were an arm and leg to replace. Also had to keep checking because this one don't have the "jiggle sound" going on so kept thinking it wasn't cooking.

Comment

Good morning..I woke up sick...today is my day to be in Saint Louis at the Austism center..not going will call them at 8. I will also figure out if I am going to Urgent care or the new doctor's office...I am pretty sure that I have a bladde/uti infection....both my mom and sis want me to wait it out...I can't handle the pain...the pain is Much worse and different from last night....I was up and down all night..

So now I have no plans for today....

Comment

Good morning all. Nice day except my other computer decided to act up. I deleted weatherbug and now I can't get it back in the version I liked. Now I notice Norton has a red X. Give me a break. I call that computer my evil one. It had been behaving nicely for a long time. So, I guess it thought it wasn't getting enough attention!

Comment

Looked and looked at fabric yesterday but nothing hit me. Went into Bed, bath and beyond and found what I wanted in the valances! Bought all the panels they had and sister will make the valances when we are ready. May wait to start the kitchen until January so we won't be torn up over the holidays. Sister fell into shopping yesterday and filled the trunk. I am half finished and got several ideas but am waiting for some sales. The telephone table is still in my backseat to be brought in. Another morning of crazy fog here. Yesterday I left the house before 7:00 and in some places I couldn't see out the windshield. Add school buses and morning working people and it was a little hairy on those country roads. Dermatologist was good...only had two pre-cancers frozen (yayyyyyyy) but still on 6 month check up. All that sun worshipping in your youth comes to get you later on. But I do love summer and the sun and the beach! Some day they can just bury me in white sand under the hot sun!! Today is a horrific laundry day. Beds need changing and I already have 3 baskets in the hall waiting to be carried down. Sierra got her bad hair cut fixed and lost a lot of her length but loves the cut anyway. After that she had to run to the hospital for the first TB test for school. Gets another in 2 weeks....when did they require two? Remember when we were kids and they came into the school and did them in the classroom? And the polio shots...now they require all this stuff but make you run around to get it. You cannot get them in doctors offices around here so you need a hospital lab or a mobile clinic. Sitting here typing and looking out at the fog is not doing the laundry so better get moving. Doors will be hung tomorrow!!!! Maybe...we are waiting for the call that the weather has set him back and we are going to be put off again. You will know if he cancels because the explosion will be a 9.0!

Comment

Good morning my dear Rounder family

flying by right now... make quick trip to Donna. and to butcher shop ,want to get some Bones and soup meat... all the talk about veggie soup has me drooling ..

I should be home the rest of the day after that.

will post a separate report on Davids Dr. visit yesterday.. like the new Doctor.. He also took David off the Road... Let your wife drive you!.. until all results are back in..
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                      It's only 55° right now, and will go to only 63° today. Winds today "might cause rain" .... that's a new one.
                      I plan on staying home today; I prefer rain to winds. Oh, we didn't get our forecasted rain yesterday. Today it's overcast and "iffy". Mother Nature can be moody. 😉

My tummy is being problematic with discomforts this morning. i may have to ask about a referral to a gastro' doc, as the current doctors let my questions about this slide by. I wonder if E feels up to going to the gym soon. Maybe not --- he's still got Halloween things to remove from here. 🙄 He's the Great Procrastinator!

Nonetheless, I do have a very long list of things to be grateful for. ☺️ In many ways I do feel that I lead a charmed life. Lots of people are far worse off in many ways.
                      Long ago I learned that the flip side of problems often can reveal a blessing. It makes my complaints seem petty. It's all in the perspective you choose to see.
                      (Chocolate is the answer!!!!). 🤗 LOL

Well, I see laundry in today's activities. Heaven only knows what else.
                      I think today is a good day for that stray kielbasa in the freezer to make an appearance with sauerkraut and noodles.

Have a great day, everyone.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Donna, Nalani, and Hrhouse - please PM me your contact info!!!
                        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning! It feels good here. Not the temp or anything, just good and happy! I was a little down yesterday and Monday. Not sure why, but this morning all is good!
                          I made Million Dollar spaghetti yesterday for daycare to see if I want to make it for the shelter sometime...oh yes! I will post the recipe. I had seen it on Pinterest a lot and finally tried it. I also made Chex Mix Puppy chow for the girls at church for our game night last night. I brought home some of the leftovers for daycare.
                          I have a long list of gratitude and this board is right up there! Family and Friends keep me going! Thank you all!
                          Have a great day!

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Evening! Today was an amazingly gorgeous day. I even had the windows open & wished I hadn't packed all my shorts & capris away for the winter.

I have a lot to be grateful for. My mistake is looking what other have (the same job & home for 20+ years) and being envious which is a mistake. If we hadn't moved so much, I wouldn't have met so many nice people.

Today was cooking day for my cousin. Made two different meals...for her and for her family. Made a roaster full of stuffed cabbage & used the same meat to make 3 stuffed peppers. I'm whipped. I was making them and another customer lemon meringue pie for today and had enough filling to make an extra pie. Decided to take it to Linda from the farm stand. She wanted to pay me but I wouldn't accept. She then ask if I knew anyone that would want a bushel of roma tomatoes...I got blessed with the whole bushel. We sorted through them so that there were no bad one in there since I'm not going to be able to deal with them until next week.

Now I need to find energy to clean since my friend is coming tomorrow sometime. Can't wait! But first I have to find that energy button.

Comment

Working...
                              X