X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 😊 November Three

Good Morning!!

5:30 and no one about. Hmmmmmm.....

Well, nothing happening to speak of. Today is soup day - vegetable, I guess.

Just when I thought I had eaten every salad on the planet and nothing new could be created, a friend brought something from Taste of Home called Northwood Wild Rice Salad. I'll post the recipe in the Kitchen.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a very nice day.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 11-03-2015, 06:35 AM.

Morning all

Nothing much new here either. And I was just talking about making vegetable soup last night myself, Elaine.

Guess I need to get my hiney in gear. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Not much going on around here either. Fluid is going up considerably so need to watch what I eat more carefully and see if that will correct it.

Comment

Good Morning, Not much new here.

Comment

good morning .

good nights sleep !.. needed that . today is going to be a busy one...

The Neurologist that pcp Dr. (set up for David , to check the double vision problem. ) office called . they had a cancellation for tue .today.. at 10.30.. could He come in ... YES... the other appt was in mid-DEc.. .. so we will be off to yet another new Dr.
          Thank heavens for Google... I looked up address and an aerial view..and know exactly where I will be driving and parking ..
          only about 25 min or less drive away.... probably get nothing done but make more appts. for tests tests tests....but at least this doctor will be tracking the problem that is most concerning to me... the episodes are not real frequent and I'm hoping that it IS the cataract causing them.. that a solvable problem..

afterwards. we are near enough the Aldi's store.. will pick up needed items. ..
          this is election day in Pa. . so we will be headed for the polls after the above two things are completed.
          AND I have two lessons this evening ... .. does anyone see nap time in there anywhere?.

Justy.!. good to see you here this morning .. are you eating salty things?... I know thats a no-no for water retention.. I have some of that problem too.

Hi Elaine, Veggie soup sounds great .. If we have time on way home, will stop at the butcher shop and get some bones and a little soup meat.

hi to you all.. Val, behave yourself today..

Hi Paula
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...Yesterday was a great day! I learned how to use the transit bus. I can go all kinds of places. Yesterday I went to good will and two grocery stores.

Today is my volunteer day...when I get done volunteering my parents may be here...they are coming for a little while...I will be glad to see them...maybe then mom and I can work out our plan for Friday and Saturday. I am going to their house on Friday...and going with my mom to a baby shower on Saturday. The coming home Saturday evening or maybe Sunday. Today and Thursday are two of my favorite days...I love my volunteer spot and the people that I get to help out. I think they really like me as well.

Comment

Good Morning one and all. Yes election day here also, hubby got up early so he could vote on his way to work...since we live outside city limits a lot of the things going on we can't vote for.

When I make veggie soup I make a large pot and can in quart jars, kids love it so they can have Mom's homemade veggie soup when they want it.. Convenient for us also, veggie soup and grilled cheese.
              Well my day will consist of going to vote, and then taking my vehicle in for a recall notice, I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Jerokee Limited and it is on the recall list, seems someone can hack into you and control things going on with your vehicle...also time for its first oil change, so I will take my IPad and play on it while they take care of my vehicle, will go and vote on my way there...

Also will be cutting the binding for my quilt, finished sewing around all the squares, now time to finish the edges, it is a very large quilt..

Sent messages to the children that are close to here to see what the plans are for Thanksgiving, looks like the one in MI will be here but not the one in Columbus, his SO has a son and granddaughter and she will be having Thanksgiving at their house...that happens when they grow up and move away. But this is a woman who never did any of that years ago, age must have mellowed her, of course she is also the one that refuses to leave at Christmas time also which makes for tension between her and my son, which comes back on me because I don't want to have Christmas at their house...I am older and just want to be at home in my own house, have waited years to do so and that is what I shall do.. It's a shame that holidays can become so tension filled with power struggles, etc.

Aunt Maye, Googling is wonderful, love you can get aerial views of things...be careful and hopefully find the answers you seek to find. I have no clue what I will be fixing for supper, thinking maybe beef fajitas, hubby loves them and I have all that I need here for making them..

Made a pecan cake from a mix and used the recipe to make it more like a bakery cake, was not impressed, think it made it to 'heavy', also didn't seem to have enough flavor to it...but with some ice cream with it made it more enjoyable to eat..

Well folks time to *shit, shower and shave and get my day started...but first, coffee and the newspaper...

Love, hugs and good wishes to all.

Jostoy, you really need to check in more often.. we don't bite to hard or bark to loudly..

Justy, read those labels, watch the sodium!

I do believe I see the sun peeking out and that makes me happy and brings a smile to my face..and makes me more chirper...

Last edited by boffler; 11-03-2015, 07:42 AM.
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining & it's suppose to be a beautiful day. I guess this is our Indian Summer. Yesterday was pretty too.

Yesterday I spent a good part of it in the kitchen cooking dinner for my cousin & us. Made a couple pans of lasagna one of which I froze and will give to my friend Maureen when she comes this weekend. Tried a couple new things on my cousin since she couldn't eat the lasagna....pork chops cooked in apple sauce and spiced up yams baked in an iron skillet. The yams were excellent. Even Corky who doesn't like yams liked them. Will post the recipe later. The other day I made brussel sprouts for Karen's family. She had never tried roasted BS, and she said she loved them, so that's another veggie I can make her. She can basically eat only meats, veggies (no peppers or tomatoes though), fruits, and spices. Thank goodness she's also allowed olive oil. Sat & watched recorded shows last night & was in bed before 10:30pm, which is unheard of for me, but I was exhausted. An emotional day and emotions drain me quicker than physical labor.

Today is a new day and it'll be good. I'm scheduled to read to Blaise's class at 10:30 this morning. He's so excited! I picked two books that we have home from the library, so that I know what I'm reading the the "voices" to use. Blaise loves when I read with different voices. Will come home and Cork & I will go vote. Don't know what we are voting for, but I want to make sure we can vote next November, so have to do it this year to make sure we still have the right to vote next year. May make a pot of chicken & rice soup for supper. A local grocery store has chicken leg quarters on sale for $.49/lb, so I'm going to stock up since they are great for soup.

So glad Uncle Dave is getting in earlier. Will start to give us some peace of mind. Elaine...I tried a new pasta salad recipe last week & it was great...I'll post it too. It's similar to the broccoli salad.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                  We are in for a windy day, a 20% chance of rain tonight, and 70° temps today. A 40% chance of rain and temps in the 60's to look forward to tomorrow.
                  Good weather for soups here, too.

Yesterday the first of my medical tests went pretty well. Next tests are next week. Also an appointment with my Oncologist...more likely his nurse.

Not much going on here today. E has to get the Halloween stuff properly together, and back in storage. I've been patient with the mess of it in the LR.
                  I need to get 2 family birthday cards out for this month. Next month it looks like 8 or 10, plus a big pile of C cards.

Elaine & cookie, I look forward to those salad recipes!
                  Justy, definitely watch that sodium! It's rampant in canned foods and restaurants.
                  Maye, good luck on that nap!
                  Hi Pat, Darla, Beth, Sharon, Paula, Maxie, Nalani, Val, Mickie, ...... Hope I didn't miss anyone.
                  Have a great day!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. It rained off and on all day yesterday and I can see it rained more during the night. May get a few more today. You really have to have lived through a serious drought to realize how happy rain makes us. Keep it coming. please.

Not much going on here yesterday. Made a batch of cookies and gave some to my neighbors. Will also give some to Billy who lives across from me. He is almost a paraplegic as he fell 40 feet and broke his back. He always appreciates the little thinks in life and has great faith that keeps him going.

Well, my fingersx keep n\hiiting the wrong keyhs sl will just say bye for now. works a lot better when I set the keyboated straigjt.

Comment

Barb, you made me chuckle about the keyboard being set straight. I tend to slow de my finger over the m a lot and that plays havoc with my autocorrect.
                      Good Tuesday to you all! It is my lawn care day so I need to clean up the yard toys and the lawn in just a minute....
                      I bought carrots and celery yesterday and now all the talk of soup sounds like a plan!
                      Maye, I love Google for those maps! We used to have to take a test run to new doctor appointments but now can check online for addresses, etc.
                      Jo, I went to our storage Sunday and got the autumn leaves and garlands now that the Halloween decorations are down. I keep my inside Fall flowers in the office, but the Michael's and Walmart decorations go back into tubs in storage.
                      I like going to my son's for holidays. But since I have travelled each month since May I am staying home. The one who lives in Japan is too far away and Stuart, in WA has kids who are involved in activities and school events that I totally understand why they stay home.
                      Have a great day...sun or rain, whichever you need!

Comment

FINALLY!!! I got my internet back. I have no idea what happened, but it kept telling me I wasn't connected ad they didn't know why! BAH HUMBUG!!!!

Maye - I ALWAYS try to behave. I just find too many options! LOL

I wanted to vote today, but I really don't want to drive to the new polling place. It is at a school I haven't been to in years! I do not do the unfamiliar very well any more.

I will be going to supper with a friend after Mass tonight. YAY! We are going to a really good Italian restaurant.

I have to call Jessica's youngest daughter (Tristin). Tristin will be 5 in December and the family is falling apart. Tristin thinks her mom hates her. It is beyond belief what they are doing to one another. I hate it!

I hope y'all voted today. Next year I will remember to get an absentee ballot.

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Yes, I am guilty of eating salty things. I was doing fine until I couldn't resist the urge to have a wee bit of bacon and ham. I have everyone reading labels since I am now all the time! I am going to have to behave since I don't want to go back to the hospital again.

Comment

hey ,Justy.... we caught you didn't we ....... yes, be very cautious... you do not NEED to be in hospital again!!!!

the Nagging starts here...... (poor Punkin has been nagged and nagged...but she needs it so bad... teehee... )
                            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                            X