SATURDAY IS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATURDAY IS HERE

Good morning everyone! I am amazed that no one has posted yet, but I also am puzzled because I thought I had posted yesterday and I cant find my post.

I fell asleep in my clothes and when I woke up, I was sweating like a stuffed pig. I have to finish my coffee and then go shower. I am going to visit a friend in a nursing home later this morning, going to a late breakfast (or early lunch) at IHOP and then going to get my hair done. Today will be busy, but I like busy.

It is supposed to be hot and muggy and rainy today. I know we need the rain, but I just don't want to have to be out in it.

Have a great day everyone!!!
    CAT CANT GET OUT OF BED.jpg
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good Morning

Hi Punkin....good to see you here early... its Sat.. right.. Son Mark is here (like he is every Sat morn.).. chatting and getting all the news of the week... He and David watch The Rifleman together...

had a busy day yesterday... deep cleaned the sitting areas... now all they will need is the middles tidied up. got the blow-up mattress up and decided where everyone is sleeping .. all bedding clean and carried to appropriate location .. I was up and down my steps tooooo many times..... this morning my knees are telling me they want THAT to slow down today....
    so I will cook up a batch of sloppy Joe sauce and hamburger , cool and freeze for later use next week. reading over the cassoroles that sound so good.. ... Im planning about 4-5 good meals . after that . hello to Pizza.!.. pancakes etc.. .

yesterday was so pretty , hot ,sunny.. got all my throw rugs washed and dried outside.. good thing, its now scheduled to rain off and on today and the next day and the next day..

time to get this day moving .. be back later today
    Hi Justy
    Hi Paula..
    and HI to all you sleepyheads..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! I've been awake...just doing some paperwork. Yesterday was beautiful...sunny & temps just right. Today...rain & more rain.

Yesterday was semi productive. We ran some errands in the morning for parts to repair a few things around here. After lunch we got out there & mowed the yard. Corky did most of it with the tractor, but I used the push mower & did a few areas that the tractor doesn't reach. Made mac salad & chicken fingers for dinner...yum!

Plan to work on some more paperwork this morning. Corky is currently taking my car to the garage to get it aligned since he didn't like how it drove yesterday. We then plan to go to the estate sale beside my Mom early this afternoon to see what's left & if we can get some good deals since it's all over at 2pm. I know they have to have the place completely cleared out of everything tomorrow, so I'm sure they'll want to sell everything they can so they don't have to deal with it. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I'd like to then go into town by myself and check out some stoves & refrigerators. I miss being able to bake and I'm tired of finding frozen stuff in my refrigerator.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Got to bed very late for me last night. That's hard on this old gal. A friend called about 7 and talked until almost 11. She had just found out she has glaucoma and is to have her eyes operated on Monday. I didn't have the heart to cut her call short. By the time I got off the phone my feet were swollen double in size. So stiff I wondered if I'd make it back to the bedroom. Well, I did without nearly as much trouble as I figured I would. All is well that ends well.

Does anyone know how long it takes to recover from an operation for glaucoma?

Comment

Good Morning. Sometime today we are making a run to Menards Kenny needs some tool to work on the Explorer, so it will be ready for winter. Have to have the 4WD to make it up the driveway in snow. Pt went okay yesterday. I did refuse to do part of his routine. He just can't get through his head what brought me to him in the first place. Told me that when this stuff happens with my leg that I should go to the ER and call my Dr because there is something going on and I may need shots or surgery. DUH Dr knows that it does this and has ran the test, says I need the shots it's the insurance that says I have to do the PT before they will pay for them. He didn't get that I said the PT agravaited it, not that it caused it. Why is it that Dr.s only look at their area and just kind of ignore everything else.At least the pain DR listened when I told him what my leg was doing and kind of chuckled when I told him that other Dr.s shrugged me off with "Well you are diabetic" as an answer to it, said that a small part could be that but the biggest part is the fact that the nerves are being bothered by the disk so they are sending out the wrong messages.

Comment

Howdy!

Been at the church since first light. It's really more than this one person can handle. Is quitting church enough reason? I'm thinking seriously.

Wore myself out yesterday with the cooking and company.

Today making John's BD cake and prep for tomorrow's church dish.

Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning....Justy my mother has a glacoma valve in her good eye....it seems to me that it didn't take super long time for her to recover but I don't really remember to be honest...I do know that with the valve she could have lost all her sight....the is kind of like a drainage valve....when her pressure gets to be too high in her eye then the valve drains the liquid build up causing the pressure.

My plans for today...going to the bank shortly...the coming home and getting ready to go to the visitation for my friends nephew he was killed in a motorcycle accident earlier in the week. Then possibly lunch with my friends...then I must do laundry and pack my stuff. I am going to Saint Charles MO after church tommarow...I have a huge meeting on Monday with Missouri vocational rehab...and the big reveal for my new space that I will be moving into is also this week end....I am excited and nervous.....

Comment

Good morning....
                Didn't realize we'd get more rain yesterday....a light evening shower for 1-1/2 hours from 6 til sundown.
                I know the very dark clouds came rolling in before sundown, but not sure about the rain after that...it was very quiet. Today, a 10% chance of rain, it's about 84°, not 6:30 quite yet; supposed to get to 106° today. Skies are overcast right now.

Laundry waiting for me today. Not much else.
                Punkin...love that graphic!
                Darla.....things like that remind me that not all doctors graduate at the top of their class. Your doctor, or his head nurse, can call your insurance people and tell them (or their "medical information" doctor) that the PT aggravates the problem and makes your condition worse and dangerous to you. Good luck getting this across to them. I went through something similar 8 months ago.
                Elaine, Happy Birthday wishes to John.

To all, have a happy day. 😃 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Feeling better this morning. The brick guy is suppose to come this morning and start his work then he is supposed to finish up evenings this week. The plumber was a no show last week and when I called yesterday his phone was off so will look for someone else Monday. The realtor and I had a talk and he knows this is my last hoop. After the painting, which I understand would be a deal breaker with the loan company because of lead or some other crappy explanation because it didn't have lead paint on it 8 years ago, I refuse to do one other thing. Deal breaker or not. Done, don't pack your suitcase cuz I ain't selling! My stomach is feeling better now that I have decided not to be pushed around anymore. This afternoon I am meeting Sierra and we are lunching and going to Lowe's. The Fourth is at my sister's pool and I had hoped to leave Friday and spend a day unwinding but my grandchildren have ask me to take them to the fireworks display over the river. I'm just a old softie when it comes to the grands! Better put OFF on my list!

Comment

I have been up for awhile but it has been busy! Becky is going camping wither singles group and each person is responsible for one meal.. I told her to take a diner meal because someof the others don't have enough money to provide it. So I went to the store early to get frozen hamburger patties, buns and chips. I had bought the hot dogs last week and they are frozen. I figured it would help keep everything cold in the ice chest along with the ice. She froze water bottles also. They are going up to Siskyou Lake and is taking some of our pool noodles...
                    There are two tentative items on my list today: Little League All Stars about 10 miles north and I want to go, but I realized Becky is taking our two chairs and the game is at 2:00p.m
                    Did I try not to mention this week how hot it is? And today is the hottest day. It is supposed to get to 114...(I have already changed tops 3 times!) Then there is a wedding reception outside
                    for a friend's son..they did send out a mass text message saying they put it back an hour. I t was going to start at 5:30 but now it will be 6:30. Last night at 7:00 when I went to Walmart it was 106...Ok, I live here; I know what to expect and now I will stop. Having to go by myself is the biggest issue if I was honest about it.
                    I am not baking today. As soon as I finish here I am cleaning the kitchen floor. I have been watering this morning and then I have an appointment for a facial at 8:30.
                    I better go get on the treadmill right now or it will be too late.
                    Have a great day! Enjoy those family visits and grandkids!
                    Elaine, tell John Happy Birthday! Is the clock back together?

Comment

Thanks bethina for the info. Dr. said she had 600 in one eye and 400 in the other. They did manage to get that down considerably. Enough that she would be okay until Monday for the operation. He said if she didn't have the surgery that she would be blind in a month. Scary to hear that I am sure.

Comment

Aloha all!

Not much going on here. Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                        X