Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ June 20

Hi and Howdy!

Early morning here. Did not get much sleep, but I woke ready to go. Problem is, nowhere to go. LOL

Did you watch 20/20 about the "Wolfpack" brothers? Amazing! The Rangers were losing to the White Sox, so I quit watching in the 9th inning to see 20/20. The Rangers won, and I missed it! Just my luck.

Miscommunication led to our having 2 loaves of bread, and since I can't stand to freeze bread, I will be taking sandwiches to church. Also making the Snicker salad Donna introduced us to.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Good Morning! We actually had a lil' sunshine yesterday....whahooo! None this morning though. It would be nice to wake to sunshine for a change.

Yesterday was very productive....thanks to Corky's help. We were quite the team! OK...he did the big stuff....got my washer & dryer hooked up (I washed), mowed the yard (I filled the tractor with gas!), got the a/c motor needed to fix the a/c (I found the a/c guy's phone number for him!), assembled the beds & table (I found the bags of screws!). See...I did a lot. LOL!!! OK, I did my fair share of unpacking boxes, hauling shelving, and cooked supper.

​Becca's friend Carissa (who she stayed with her Senior year) came to spend the night before heading the rest of the way Home for the weekend. I called my friend Sandy to come play games with us too and she also brought her son Chay who just graduated HS. The "party" didn't get started until almost 9pm, but we had fun. They were suppose to bring pop & Sandy forgot. So Chay wanted to go somewhere quick to get a drink around 10:30. We then decided to make a DQ run since they are now only 5 minutes from our new house.

​Misty (our old kitty) decided to venture outside yesterday late afternoon. We were surprised. The doors have been open for days & she hasn't even come close, but she must have decided yesterday was the day. She didn't come back in until after 11pm. I was surprised but glad she's back.

Got up & made the girls breakfast before Carissa left at 7:30am. More moving boxes & such today. Corky's already had me help him more my desk into the spot. I guess I better get changed into my Wonder Woman outfit & get busy....LOL!!! OK, I'll be in my jammies shuffling stuff until it's time to head to town to work on my list of things we need....like towel hooks for the bathroom & fuzzy thingys for the dining room chairs. This house may look bigger than our last, but it doesn't have the storage space the last one did. I'm struggling here trying to find spots for everything. It'll work out eventually.

Time to get busy! Have a good one all. Enjoy a nice ole big helping of that Snickers salad fro me Elaine!

Comment

Good morning...I will be meeting my daddy for breakfast....his choice for fathers day...I am treating him to biscuits and gravy at Hardees....not my favorite...I will probably get cinnamon raisin biscuits which are my favorite. After breakfast we will more than likely pick up my mom and uncle and go to a brand new antique mall that I heard about....today is the grand opening....

After that I will come home make lemon bars to take to the family reunion tomarrow....must also do a load or 2 of laundry.

Comment

Good morning, everybody. 😃

We're under a severe heat watch. The weather forecaster on TV last night said we may get up to 112° this weekend. (It's higher than that in Phoenix.).

I got pretty much done around the house yesterday. Some things I'm just stuck with, at least for now. Got plenty of assorted stuff for Goodwill...I hope we can make a run there today.
        I need to get E to take down my curtains; they're in dire need of a wash.
        Today or tomorrow I want to take E out for dinner....whichever day he prefers.
        I have boodles of magazines to go through.

SHARON - E found an article on Crohn's he wants me to send to his brother who has it; I instantly thought that you might find it interesting, too. Will you PM me with your address, please?

I made a bunch of calls yesterday, to prepare medically for the period between now and September.
        One more call to go, to establish a temporary doctor. I needed E's choice of the two recommendations. When he came home, it was too late to make the call) he said he'd go with the one of my choice.
        Plus made my haircut appointment, which will be Tuesday. Then it will be my "day out" to shop, or whatever I want to do.

E discovered that so far, nothing I've done to my garden repels the birds. *sigh*. I'm not sure what to try next.

Elaine, the people at church will love you today, for sure! 🍧

Wishing you all a great day!
        ☕️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, same old same old here. Had to check facebook to see if the little guy we've been waiting on forever made it into this world (Mom has been in labor since Thurs). He is here and he is perfect. Mom has been a friend of my youngest daughter since they were in 5th grade. Dr.s first told her that she was having a girl, from the way she was caring I thought "that's a boy bump" then when she was 8 months and had the room and everything set up for a girl they told her they seemed to have made a mistake and missed seeing the boy parts. He isn't exactly little weighed in at 8lb 3oz and 21 inches long.

Comment

Good morning! I have been up since 5:30 to get started on the watering. I saw a bunch of leaves from my birch trees out front all over the back and front yards: they need a lot of water and have not been getting it. I will be finding a way to get more water to the tree..
            I have one dog to the groomers today. Last week was the other one; next time I have an appointment to take them both on the same day and not spread it out over my Saturdays. (Why do we always seem to get the dogs that need grooming?) In the past we have had miniature schnauzers that need grooming and now a Maltese and a shih Tzu...both were rescues.
            I got busy yesterday between daycare fun and made a Coca Cola cake. Really a lot like a Texas sheet cake with the addition of mini marshmallows and made in a 9x13 pan. I am sharing it with a couple of Becky's friends who liked it at a pot luck.
            Farmer's market this morning. I am going just for watermelon and tomatoes...and blackberries. Becky made apricot pineapple freezer jam and we want blackberry and then will do peach variations. I love peach melba anything so the first jam will be that combination of peach and raspberry.
            Is anyone watching The Astronaut Wives Club on ABC?
            I am going to get some plain dish towels today to embroidery. I just feel like doing some handwork that won't be hot (afghan, yarn).
            have a great day and stay well.

Comment

Good Morning .... moving kind of slow today.... did odd , unusual things yesterday.. and my joints and muscles are telling me about it today..

Mark was here earlier and got my bigger window blind up for me. (the bedroom . the Brackets needed reset and tightened up . all this while standing on a step ladder... glad
              it is done.... I did the two smaller blinds myself after Mark left.. moved slow ,took my time and got it done right. David and I simply cannot work together... he is a hurry up person.... and I am a "figure it out first. " person.. Glad Donna and Corky work together..tho; must be nice.

and that person is calling me... now what?

be back later.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Been up for hours. Day started off with a few annoyances. Cable was off so of course no internet. Then the stool plugged up. Since I have 3 bathrooms that wasn't any emergency. One of the sons came and he had it unplugged very shortly. So now I think all is right with my little world at the moment.

Had a tornado touch down about 20 miles south of us. Just had some trees damaged and a camper. So that was good that there wasn't any more damage than that.

Rain for the next 7 days in forecast. The high humidity doesn't help my breathing so will be glad when it ever goes away.

About time for lunch. Think I will have
                Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Kickin' Crab & Sweet Corn Chowder Soup. So easy and good.

Comment

Aloha all!

Donna, so glad you got so much accomplished yesterday. Always a good feeling.

Jo, I am glad I am missing that heat wave. It has been in the local papers here about it. With the heat the monsoons should arrive soon.

I was able to make an appointment with the dermatologist yesterday and saw her yesterday. She went over me with a fine tooth comb and took one biopsy, froze a couple of places and the spot I was worried about was called a barnacle so I named it Barnacle Bill before she cut it off and seared it. Also gave me a subscription for something called Carac to put on my face for skin cancers. I couldn't get it at the pharmacy so had to call the east coast and they will send it. So when I start using it I shall look very spotty on the face for a while.

Also set up appointments for Bim and my self (different doctors and different clinics as Bim's clinic would not accept my secondary insurance-Tricare) a Personal Care doctor. Both appointments will be next Tuesday so that will be a very busy day for us.

Justy, sure glad that tornado didn't do much damage.

Have a good day all!

Comment

It is good to see my friends here! I wont bore you with me and real life. Life is really crazy right now.

Donna - it is great that you are back in PA! U did try to call you, but never did succeed.

Janet & Elaine - It was great talking to you = and even more amazing that you guys remembered who I was.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Nalani, E said the thermometer hit 114° a couple hours ago. I haven't yet gone outside.

Hey, Punkin!!! So good to see you here again. Do tell us what's going on there any time! I like your updated picture!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey, VAl really good to see you posting again. I know you have been through a lot. Did you know I am now living on Maui. Been here for a little over a month.

Comment

Working...
                        X