Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ June 16

Good Morning, Everyone.

The news here is supposed to be the weather. They are predicting big rains from Bill. However, radar looks as though it may move more toward Dallas than LA. Who knows. We are ready!

Nothing much happening. Big closet reorganization took place yesterday. Washed and dried and ironed most of the day. After all these years, I still like to iron. Guess I got the gene.

Hope everyone has a good day. Hugs ~ ~ ~ ~

Good

SUNNY Morning! I think we are suppose to finally have a day w/o rain.

Well....all closings are FINALLY done! At 4pm yesterday we became the new owners of our current home. The gang came with me at hung out at the mall while I went to the signing. My brother Ray met us at Arby's and we all had dinner together since it was too late to go home & cook....that sounded like a good excuse! We stopped by the house afterwards to show it to my Mom who hadn't been inside yet. We dipped our toes in the pool and swung on the swings....cause we could! The pool still needs attention, but the seller said once the rain ends for a few days, he'd come over & show me what to do. Came back to my Mom's for the night. I did up our laundry. Ended the evening playing cards with Mom & Becca...will miss doing that.

This morning I'm going to load up the 3 cars with stuff here at Mom's and we'll be taking it over. I promised Blaise that we'd go to storytime today since it'a about being a Super Hero. What's an hour out of the next 500 that it'll take to unload, unpack, and organize everything? Now hopefully time doesn't slip away from me. The phone company is suppose to be coming this afternoon to install our service.

(((Sharon))) Feel better!

Have a good one all

Comment

Good Morning one and all..
      Yesterday's Dr. Appt. went as I expected, the night before I started running a temp again, and had one at the Drs. Office also, so back on another round of antibiotics for 10 days, so I also picked up more Immodium and probiotics when I picked up prescription. Went to grocery store for needed things, came home and took a long nap, woke up started supper in the oven and laid down and went to sleep again. Didn't even hear hubby come home from work woke up at 7:00 p.m. Ate a little something, sat up straight, laid my head back and promptly went to sleep again. I feel very tired, so I think there will be more sleep in my day today also..got a nasty headache also.
      Don't like putting such down stuff out here but have to say I am just worn out.
      I am drinking lots of water and trying to fix foods that have good protein in them, just don't have an appetite at all.
      Looks like more rain in store for us today.
      Donna you have lots of hours to get things done, so let that little guy enjoy his super heroes, LOL. What kind of pool do you have above or below ground, etc. we finally got our above ground installed but with all the rain we have not tried it out yet.
      Okay times up, time to rest. Have a great day one and all..(waiting for my 'talk' 'nag' from Aunt Maye) 😉😊
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning all

Haven't posted in a couple of days - been a little down.

Took Erin for her first appt. with the psychiatrist Monday - after about 30 minutes of trying to get Erin to answer questions, the Dr. suddenly turns to me and full-on says that Erin has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - and that it was caused by ME (and her father). I was absolutely STUNNED. I know you have a doctorate, lady, but you got all this from a 30-minute interview?

So after I dropped Erin back off at her Dad's, I went home and went straight to bed. Thoroughly depressed. It caused me to doubt myself, and I didn't like it one bit. Erin assures me that her problems are NOT my fault (but she didn't include Turd on that). I always thought I did my best to provide a SAFE place for her to be. I never thought I might be inflicting harm on Erin.

Chris and my best friend, Pattee, both assured me that I am not the problem and that this woman couldn't possibly diagnose Erin properly after only 30 minutes. I just have to believe them.

So today is another day. And one that I hope to do my best in for my kid.

You all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Morning....about to get a shower and catch the bus to the hospital for my normal blood work....taking my time...there is no work at the work shop and I hate going and just sitting but when I asked if I could stay home today the answer I got was they can't tell me I can stay home. Its to work I go....A friend is bringing me bag of books from his mom if he remembers them today...ready will help pass some of the time. Unsure of my evening plans possibly going for tacos at the moose...for 3.00 bucks you can get a huge taco salad.

Comment

Good , kind of late morning ...

decided to pick up the house first . last nights snack dishes, coffee cups ,, and general untidiness... Mentally I saw myself really cleaning , sweepering .dusting .and maybe tackle throwing massive stuff out of garage/storage area... ( like I was moving ).. however.........Hubby announced he wanted to go to different set of stores this morning .. .. so I throw in his very dirty sawmill clothes. and reset the washer to heavy cleaning .... 45 min ago and it is still working on that load...just finally went into the rinse cycle .....will not use That Setting again.. so here I am at last.

Yes Boff, the Nag is on... question first... are you sure your Dr. has not missed something that might be causing the fever to reoccur?... if the answer is yes,,, then it is Rest ,Rest, little bits of work , and more rest.. stay away from crowds.. don't need any new germs.. is that enough for today? .. I care and hope you get back to good health before this summer is gone ..

Pat... ah... agree , that was a quick decision... Probably what you and Erin went thought TOGETHER Is the major cause of her problems ..BUT that was your life unraveling... that she was right there, could not be helped. I do think there is a bit of genetics involved too.her Dad is not the most stable person
            AND she also is having normal Teen age rebellion crap ...... I don't think it was fair for the lady to BLAME you..what you want Is help for Erin ..whats done is done. she just needS a darn good counselor type Dr. ...( Yes, I do have my diploma )... QUIT beating your self up ... that you are trying to get her help is to your credit.. ..and a Happy You is what she needs too..

Elaine,, its the 17th honey... thanks for trying to get me another day of spring tho'

Donna,, smiling smiling smiling ..... answered prayers... ( I told you HE would get tired of my Voice.

its off to town , again ... on my free day...
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning not much going on here, think things are getting on track. Went to PCP Monday and he said numbers look good so I don't have to see him until Sept unless something comes up. Also went to see the pain Dr, have to go in Friday morning for evaluation for therapy, well saw his assist. she said that this is standard for the insurance companies, they think they can tell more on paper than the Dr.s can tell hands on, so we will do their therapy they think will help and then the pain shots. Also waiting for a call to pick up glasses, told the eye Dr. that I'm not going to know how to act once I can actually see clearly again. She said that some of the problem is most likely allergy's but my eye site is pretty off. So am getting bifocals, should be able to get back to reading, crocheting and knitting and actually enjoy it, instead of it giving me a major headache.

Boffler, Kenny's lung Dr. has him on maintaince antibiotics, his pnumonia would clear up only to a point, then when he was off them would come back, he said that new studies have shown that instead of taking rounds of anitbiotics that taking a low dose every other day seems to help and not cause as many problems.

Comment

good Wednesday (again). Garbage trucks are making their noise and my little dog is cowering around my feet.
                first things first: Dr. Maye and I (and probably many others here) have Years of experience with children in all sorts of stress and hormones. From my personal experience, it took a Real Dr. Psychiatrist a whole round of group therapy and one on one counseling for any diagnosis abut Becky's PTSD...I find it kind of questionable that in 30 minutes with both of you she could make that statement. Maybe. But only if she is clairvoyant, also. (Any crystal balls on the desk?) Sorry, if that is disrespectful...
                Listen to your daughter. Erin said it isn't you. go from there. You have let her know she is your #1 priority and you will be there for her always. I had a plaque that said:
                Always. Forever. No Matter What. Take a deep breath and re read what we are saying to you.
                Boffler, reading determined's post I remembered that Gary ltook a daily antibiotic for his lungs. I wonder how long it takes to really feel the difference with taking a probiotic. I can't remember at whtat point I started to feel the difference, but I noticed I haven't caught any colds this past winter and no sore throats...I take VSL 3. A pharmacy tech started taking it and I noticed a huge difference in how she looked and how she said she was feeling. So I started buying the same.
                I gotta go. I have some great happy news I want to report, though.
                Stuart, my son in WA, got hired for a principal position for next year (which as an administrator starts July1). I am so happy for him!
                And Rylie will be coming to visit the week of my birthday. I have never had her come on herown; her parents were always too nervous about the travel. She is 14 now and it is working out.
                Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers as needed!
                Donna, Blaise will remember all the wonderful things you do for him amid all the myriad of things you have to do! You are an inspiration for lots of people!

Comment

Rain rain rain...and still raining with more to come. I don't care. Packed up a closet yesterday but my heart isn't into it. Trying to find repairmen in this area is a joke. They wanted to close on July 10 but I told the realtor I will still be waiting for repairmen to return calls by then and I think he is seeing that. Now all the rain is just another excuse. One good thing is I do not HAVE to move but I WANT to move. May just do whatever repairs I want and stay here and avoid all the aggravation. Have errands to run so hope to find a lull in the rain this morning.

Comment

Aloha all!

today's the 17th? thought it was the 16th Oh well.

((((((((((((((PAT)))))))))))))

((((((((((((((Sharon)))))))))

Glad the closing went well, Donna.

Those of you in the path of Bill try to stay dry.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning...
                      A busy day for us. We both saw our PCP today. She is leaving next month 😟. I hate looking for new doctors. But we got the new pneumonia shots today. I got info who to see in the main hospital for next month's lab work. She said I could choose one of the doctors she recommended as a temporary doctor, and when the new doctors arrive at the clinic (probably in September) we can choose from among them. So we are going to do that, and we put our names on a waiting list. There are about 4 doc's leaving, and so the clinic will be short-staffed. Didn't we just go through this 6 months ago?

Well, we were done quickly, so came home for lunch. Then we are going back out to pick up my new glasses. I hope these work!

Then a bit of shopping to do, and then back home again so I can catch up with the laundry.

Pat, I don't have faith in that psychologist already! You can't give a good diagnosis in 30 minutes. (Did she graduate at the bottom of her class?). Find a different one immediately! You are a good mom. You try to discuss and explain things with Erin. She still gets her way a lot. You're even on friendlier terms with her dad these days. Post Tramatic business? I think not. (OK, I am not certified, but I've studied psyche classes in high school and college, and got all A's!).

Well, poor E is hungry for his lunch before we leave.

Have a really good day, people's. 😃
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy to hear you did the closing, cookielady. Pat I have read a lot on here about you and Erin. I think you are doing a fantastic job raising Erin. I raised 4 myself and know it is never easy.

No news from this end. Just the usual book work and cooking.

Comment

Hi Justy... ,missed waving at you this morning ...

again Pat.... I don't thing there is a parent alive who don't look back and Wish they had done some things differently... but life is what it is. and we have known you since Erin's birth.....Erin has seen and heard more in her family life than the average kid... should ever see.... BUT .. you were ALWAYS there.. not sure Turd can claim that. .ditch the lady and find a (,maybe a man physicist who would have more of an authoritative voice???)..good counselor to help her mature through these stressful teens...
                          I have one teen piano student who has been getting help for almost 2 years now.. her parents were not the problem.... just had an older genius brother.. and a family history ,with depression issues. needs a lot of praise and encouragement.

Shifting Doctors in our family too JoG... the old time , Knew who you are ,,, is gone... they read your record off their computer now.. hardly look at you..
                          ...... thats why I have no problem deciding to say NO to some meds and tests....
                          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                          X