Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday...June 11th

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was super productive. Worked my tail off packing some more and moved as much as I physically could out into the garage so that it'll be quicker & easier tomorrow loading the truck. Did take some time calling utility companies and arranging things. Actually got my new phone number...an easy one to remember. Talked to the Seller and we are both hoping closing will be next Monday or Tuesday. The realtor is seeing if the needed people from their end will be available. The monkey wrench is that Corky isn't available until after 6:30pm. We'll see.

Today is more of the same but probably more cleaning. I'm hoping to have some rooms completely cleared out so I can wipe & sweep. We'll see. My friend Crystal is stopping over this morning and she's strong. I may get her to help me move a few more items out to the garage. They aren't super heavy...just too big & awkward for one person to move. She's probably the only one here in Shelby that will ever come visit me.

Tomorrow at this time we'll be loading the truck...I think. Cork & I will go get the truck around 6:30am. Our neighborhood is having it's annual garage sale & we have to beat the traffic otherwise we won't be able to get the truck in the road. The gang won't get here tonight until about 10pm.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning.

Hi Donna! Wow! Won't be long and you'll be back where you belong. Don't wear yourself out.

Nothing to report from here. B12 shot at doc's office for John. Otherwise, I'll be working on this yearbook.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning

Donna , as I read the above. I got the shivers..... it is actually happening!!!!!!..... you are coming Home.... BUT... please please,, don't over -do with the heavy lifting ... and take some rest breaks.....keep an eye on the sugar. .... listen to me NAG.... ( you would think I loved this girl?).. ...
      This is the strange part folks,,......Donnas new home will only be a few miles away from the house they were renting-to-own ,when they started the "Road Trip" career of Corks.. ..and went to Phoenix... .life goes in a circle..

today is a sewing day...a wee bit of sweepering and then to the sewing machine... what I thought were slacks are really skirts. all the same style ,, different materials, and colors.. must have been ankle length when bought,,she has shrunk in height about 2" ,,,so now she wants all shortened to a below calf look......so taking off about 5 " on each one.. all but one can be done on the machine.. the hand -hemmed one I have done .. 9 more to go.
      Just wish the sun would come out and give me some nice bright light..

Hi to you all... be back later to see what's happening
      HI Paula
      Hi Justy..
      and Jostoy if you pop in to read.... HI!!!
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, nothing new here.

Donna I must say that you "sound" so much happier about this move

Elaine, if I can find it on facebook again there is a really cute project that is done with shirts of people who have passed, they make a pillow out of them and put a little poem on it. I know a friend did some for her family out of her Mom's shirts. She even bought a bottle of the perfume her Mom wore and sprays her kids pillows with it every so often so that they smell like Grandma when they snuggle with them.

Comment

Good morning a quick one from me, Dr. Appt. today..
          Donna soon you will be back were things will feel as they should, I feel total contentment since I have been back here. I hope you also get to stay planted this time. I was 60 on my last move and over time the mental and physical effects got to me, took its toll. I wish for you peace, happiness, joy and love. I have a feeling just being closer to Aunt Janet is going to be a big plus.
          Elaine, what a nice way to share and enjoy those flowers. I look forward to having more flowers around here.
          Determined, good to see you here, have missed you.
          I'm sure jostoy is reading, as others are just not taking the time to say HEY!!! So HEY to all of them.
          Well time to get moving and out the door.
          Have a wonderful day, Donna look forward to getting a new phone number for you. Be careful.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning. A nice sunny day ahead. At 6 a.m. It's 85° going to 95° today.

We got letters from our PCP Clinic that our new PCP is moving on to work in a Vet hospital next month.
            There are 2 other names of doctors who we can choose from. But we can't tell by their names if they're even male or female.... they're from foreign countries, and I'm concerned if there will be a communication problem if they have thick accents. We will be seeing her next week. My current doctors are still pretty new for me. I hate changing doctors! 😢
            I hope I still have that site for looking up doctors. Who posted it? Paula maybe?
            I may have to ask for it again. It's a good, informative site.

Cookie, you'll soon be in a home where your heart is! I'm happy for you.
            Maye, that's a lot of sewing, even if it is just hemming.
            Hi Sharon, you're sounding good today!
            Hi Elaine, determined, just-readers, and all who follow.
            HAVE A GREAT DAY.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! It is not humid like yesterday morning was, so it will be hotter, but no cloud cover to make us really sweat!
              Donna, even if most of the people there don't come and visit, you will be remembered for all the food you brought and shared! For the young moms you gave such a great example to and all the people who interacted with you and Blaise! You have touched a lot of lives and who knows the effect?
              We have moved 7 times during our marriage: all in this town! Not all were the best choice, but at the time it looked like what we wanted...and once it was to live in my grandmother's small house so we could save for a house. Because it was Nana and Gramp's house that I visited all the time, it did't seem "too small." Now my mother's house sits on the lot where that little sweet house stood.
              Yesterday was great! Having Carissa here was like having a grandchild for a visit.
              We are making apricot jam this weekend. My mom's tree is really full of them. Becky wants to do apricot/pineapple jam which is fine by me. I don't care for it that way and I won't eat so much!
              Have a great day, all Rounders!
              Maye, I am impressed and tired at the same time thinking of all that hemming!

Comment

Good morning checking in from my phone. I am feeling better this morning.

Comment

Aloha all!

Have tried to check in two times before but my computer decided to up date. Hate when it does that.

Donna, sure hope the move goes smoothly. Sounds like you are coming along. It is no fun and so much work. Think I'm finally more or less settled. Just a few more things to take care of..As Boffler said it gets harder and harder when one gets older.

Doing laundry at the moment. Back to my early morning routine as there are so many caregivers that are doing their clients laundry ALL day long that it is hard to get a machine. Usually no one there at 5 or 5:30. But at 6:15 here comes a caregiver with two loads. I had just put my stuff in the dryers.

Need to call Tricare (secondary insutance) to see what doctors will accept Tricare here on Maui. Most don't. So might have to see about another one.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Another beautiful sunny day. All good things have to come to an end. Rain in forecast for the next 2 days. Oh well, I don't melt!

Comment

Working...
                    X