Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ April 20

Hello!

Been awake since way too early. Thankfully, I have a good book on my ipad, so I don't have to leave the bed. Feels cool this morning, but everything is so wet that it's no wonder.

Out-of-town trip with 3 friends. Birthday lunch in Texarkana. Don't know how this tradition got started, but we look forward to it, although we see each other every Sunday, and talk on the phone a LOT.

Hope all is well. Have a good start to your week.

Hugs ~ ~ ~

Morning all

Climbing back on the hamster wheel and am at work already. Erin stayed at Granny's last night and she will take her to school this morning.

Rained BIG time yesterday until almost 2pm. Then the sun came out and it was gorgeous. Chris and I got out and raked the front yard - I hate raking magnolia leaves!

Supposed to clear up and have lower humidity and cooler temps this week. It's gonna be NICE.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday started out nice & sunny, but mid-afternoon the clouds rolled in & brought lots of rain. It's suppose to rain for the next 3 days. I wished I could send it out to CA.

Yesterday was a puttering day. Didn't do anything major. Cleaned out the refrigerator but only wiped the shelves rather than take them out & wash them. Went through all the clothes in both Blaise & my cupboards & drawers. Switched out the winter for summer stuff in mine, and got rid of the small stuff in Blaise's. Have a big pile of stuff for GW. Decided I'm no longer saving any of Blaise's stuff from now on. May try selling some of it. We'll see. After dinner Kathy actually stopped over...needed some money for gas to go to work. (rolls eyes) I told her last week that I only had $20 of cash & she needed $12 for her uniform, so when she ask for $10 yesterday I gave her the other $8 plus $2 in nickles & dimes...mostly nickles. I really do have more cash but I wasn't letting her know that...LOL! She's suppose to be paying me back tonight once Russell gets paid. Yea, right. The other week when we had a good talk she told me she thought Corky really hated her. That he treated Becca like a princess and just grunted at her....this is true. So I had a talk with him. We may not agree with her lifestyle and her choices, but we shouldn't be treating her like dirt. He's been doing a lot better. He actually came up & joined us last night and was joking around with her. She was laughing and said it felt like old times....it did....a real LONG time ago before she went through all her awful teen crap. There is hope!

This morning Blaise & I have to go to WIC for our final appointment. Once they turn 5 they are no longer eligible, so next month is his last month. After I drop him off at preschool, an elderly friend of mine who is also a baking customer invited me over to her house to pick out a painting. She's a beautiful artist and I guess she figures she can't take them with her, so she's giving them to people she cares about. I feel so honored! Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Oh, I did get 4 chuck steaks at Kroger the other day, and I'm going to roast one of them for dinner. Will have to figure out something else for Corky. I think I'll also simmer a batch of my beef bones & then make a pot of beef barley soup tomorrow with the leftover meat. I LOVE my beef barley soup.

Have fun Elaine!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...crossing my fingers that everything goes the way that I need or want it too...IF my payee can cash my check and it doesn't rain after work all will be well in my world.

Mom is heading to Marion to work in her mothers new place....she and dad are wanting to head to my sisters for a couple of days. I am headed to work and hoping to get groceries after work. I thought that I had asked my mother to help me this week but I guess not...oh well I can do it on my own...its just more difficult. I will ask her to get the things I can't at the other grocery store.

Comment

Good morning ,,,

been up since 6.. but reading the last bit of a good book... could not put down.. but MUST now.. time to get moving ..

trying to make a decision.. thats the hard work.... my washing machine spinner died on the last spin ,,, it almost made it to the end. most of the rinse water was gone. but had to wring out drippy clothes by hand... now the decision.. call the repair man or just go buy new..... that washer is probably 15 years or more old.. ..??? think I will call the repair guy and ask his opinion... he has been here before.. hate to just ditch it if it might be something simple... .... if not, we will go shopping for a plain jane washer. minimum of
          controls. top loader.. .

also we have never heard from the garage that our "second" car is being repaired... it has been away since the 9th.. aggg

does things going wrong always come in Threes?... I hope not..!.

better get dressed and make some decisions... see you later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Just a reminder - today is one year since we lost our precious Mona.
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning. Everyone seems to have their days planned, here we have dropping temps and more rain moving in so a little dusting I shall do today. Also need to wash the sheets on our bed that is all I have planned. Cookie hope Cork continues with his attitude adjustment in regards to Kathy could help both of them. Never did make it to Kroger's last week the ole body wasn't cooperating. Well time to hit the shower and get this day started.
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, all. Don't know what happened to early to bed, early to rise because I can't go to sleep early lately but I still wake at around 6:00 which isn't really early for me.
                I thought we were going to get a thunder storm yesterday afternoon but it seems to have stayed in the high country.

Lunch with the seniors today, baked fish. First time I had it, it was excellent, second time was OK let's hope this one is more like the first.

I think I'll walk down to Main St. for lunch as I have to get milk at the little grocery store and may think of more before I leave here. It's about a 10 minute walk and will be good for me. (Cell phone in pocket.) It's down hill all the way and I haven't tried to walk back yet be cause it's quite climb for this old lady. Used to do it regularly as lived around the corner and worked on Main. Have 45 years passed already?

Maye, advice from me. Don't buy one of the cheapest ones from Lowe's. I did and it was awful. I hated it from the day I got it. Slow, slow, slow, took forever to fill, hard to set, and hard to skip or add a cycle.

About all I can think of right now. Have a good one.

Comment

Cold and wet here this morning.

Aunt Maye, our washing machine did the same thing, would wash but wouldn't spin out. Thankfully Kenny is pretty handy and did some research on the web. The belt didn't look worn out but seems that was the problem. He ordered the parts needed, would have only needed the belt but he broke the pully taking it off. It spins better than it had in years. If it is just the fact that the water isn't draining it could be the water pump needs replacing.

Comment

Happy Monday! At least I am trying to tell myself it is.
                    It was so warm last night I had both windows open in my bedroom and wished I had changed the ceiling fan over to summer direction. I will do that right after daycare.
                    I will post he 7-Up cake that Pat sent me. It is so good. And my hands smelled so good after zesting a lemon and a lime. I cut two large pieces for my mother today and gave Becky another big piece to take to her friend in her speech class this morning. Too good to have around all day with me.
                    Donna, thanks for the offer of the rain. Wish you could send it, too. And good for both Kathy and Corky to open a conversation.
                    We have a community service day cleaning up and trimming at the cemetery this next Saturday and I have to make some calls today reminding people. It is a joint activity with churches in Red Bluff, but a lot of people last year said they never heard about it and wanted a call. And with rodeo this past weekend there were a lot of people missing from church anyway, so a call will kbe in order. Anyone ordered by the courts to do community service can work for their hours, too, so it is a good mix of people.
                    Have a good day, all, and enjoy whatever is on your To Do List!

Comment

Good morning, all.
                      Today I didn't get up til 6:30....pretty late for me. I must have needed the extra sleep.
                      The temp will be 88° today, then dropping to the 70's by week's end. The one day we had a small chance of rain this week has converted to windy, cooler, but no rain. Monday should get us to the 90's.
                      E wants to buy new ceiling fans. We never know when the main one wil turn on or not. The one in the bedroom simply doesn't work. The store sent out their electrician, but he didn't know what to do. E had made a bit of a scene at the store after that, but got a brush-off. So E will get a new set of fans and install them himself. He'd better do it quickly --- he tends to procrastinate. 😜

Pat...thanks for the reminder......I must have missed that announcement. 😱 I've certainly missed Mona. I knew she wasn't feeling well. Maybe it was just on FB, or maybe we were traveling at the time. For Mona: 🌹

E does most of our Electronic repairs. The last time we had to call a repairman for our washer, he offered to "take it off our hands". We have a stacking Maytag washer & dryer. Nice, because our utility room is very small. We got it on a clearance when we moved to Tucson. E also repairs dishwasher problems...you'd be surprised how cheaply made our appliances are these days.

Well, when E wakes, he will lug the laundry bags out for me. That's my big job today.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I noticed that my eye looked clear yesterday. It didn't go through the color changes the doc said to expect, it just seemed to drain away. My vision was never affected. I do make a point of wearing dark glasses outdoors all the time, though. I've done that since my retinal and cataract surgeries.

Today is lovely out, so I'll collect my hand tools and clean them up, I think. My garden looks nice.
                      Maybe E will be motivated to do some outdoor work today. Oh, today I'll also gather our old prescriptions and pulverize them in the blender.....the pharmacist said to do so, and just scatter the med-dust on the ground. (Just don't flush them.) It's really hard to find whatever place you're supposed to take them to for disposal, but this is apparently the "new rule". A pity the doctor can't just give a poor patient the remains of that which we no longer need....save them some $$$. You know?

Hope it's the start of a beautiful week for everyone.
                      Those of you with rain, count your blessings. The SW can certainly use the moisture. The monsoon season is still a few months away.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!
                        Was sick to my stomach most of the night so not good for much of anything today. I did not go down for breakfast so don't know if any body else had the same problem. I only ate what was provided in the dining room yesterday. Have things I want to do this afternoon so hope I'll feel better.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Decision made... 15 yrs old.. been repaired before.. so went for the new one... stop at sears . appliances on sale.. it had more on it than I need ...it was a better model.. but new models are in... so quoted us a price ,set in , hooked up .free delivery, and haul away the old.. ..'
                          left there ..went to Lowes and home Depot.... they had the same identical washer... on "sale" but about $75 higher. no free delivery.. plus we could not get the attention of any of the sales people. they did have a Plain Jane , no name on there but I did not like its Insides.. but with a minimum of selections.. that one was in the price range of the SEars....
                          soooo.. we went back to Sears and bought the first deal ....even got another $15 off. because our old credit card had "expired" from non-use. so sign up for new account.. (will pay off with first statement )... to be delivered on Wed.. .. .....at my age. this washer should last us ... don't plan on doing great big items or full big loads... and salesman did say it would take a little longer to run each load thru.. not as bad as the front loaders... hey,,,I got time to wait , in fact I mostly forget I have a load in washing .. HA..

goodness how tiring a day it can be spending money...
                          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                          X