Happy 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 2015

It's funny how when a new year starts I don't feel any different, except that I have a problem writing the old year for a couple of months. What I feel today is hopeful for one of these hospitals to call me to set up an interview so I can get to work. I'm no good sitting around the house.

I have laundry to do today, plus I need to clean the bathrooms and Swiffer mop the floors. We got some lemons from a nearby tree yesterday evening and was hoping they would be good, but they were the bitter ones. Have you ever tasted one of those bitter ones? They are horrible. I guess they are not grafted or something because they are definitely not edible or in no way consumable. You could possibly use them for scrubbing things, but they would leave that bad sticky residue on everything, including your hands and it's killer to try and get off.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Last edited by ladyebug; 01-01-2015, 07:32 AM.

Comment

A happy, holy and healthy 2015 to everyone. Thank you for the friendship and love that is on this board. "Family" is not always biological!

I will go to Mass at 11am and then go get my hair permed so it will look good for my farewell luncheon tomorrow!

Have a great day!
      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Happy New Year! Going to get some more sleep and do a couple loads of laundry..

I just told my mother that I am plotting evil on my neighbor...2 nights in row I have been kept up!

Comment

Happy New Year, and a very good morning to all!
          Guess what??? WE HAVE SNOW!!!!! We weren't even dreaming of a white new year! Temps dropped to 25° last night, and will only get up to about 44° today. Car insurance lines will be busy today. I'm sorry to say the accidents have begun, there was a fatality last night. Right now E is outside, in the dark, in his jammie's taking some pics. The cars look like they have a good covering of snow. Slightly less on the trees, plants, and ground. It's really winter!

No plans today. A good day to stay home.
          Hi Karlinann,Elaine, & Punkin.....and to all who follow (or were posting while I'm typing).
          Have a wonderful day, and a fantastically great New Year.

(Do you know when the first New Year was celebrated? Check out the History post in SoI.)
          Last edited by JoGee; 01-01-2015, 11:00 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Chris and I brought in the new year by falling asleep on the couch.

We are taking the day off from moving to watch the big bowl games today. The menu includes fried pork chops, blackeyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread. Gotta get that good luck in!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2015!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

karliann, I'm the same way with New Years and Birthdays (only with birthdays it takes me awhile to remember that I'm a year older). I fell asleep on the couch, and I'm suspecting Kenny must have fell asleep in his chair cause he didn't wake me up at midnight. If I didn't have a picky eater or was back home would have sourkraut neckbones and black eyed peas.

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It sure doesn't feel that I've been here a year now. Moved here in Dec. last year.

Brrrrrrr! 21º here this morning. Have to get myself a better winter hat as he one I have doesn't cover my ears. Have to take the doglet out as soon as we get up.

I hope every one of us has a beautiful year.

Comment

Good Morning & HAPPY NEW YEAR! Yesterday was frigid, but sunny and today seems to be more of the same....as long as there is sunshine, I can handle it.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping & picked up Blaise on my way home. He's in a sweet phase & I enjoy having him around. He's growing up so fast. Cooked a nice dinner & then pooped out. Oh, I did bake a pie for a customer. Becca & I watched Army Wives & the episode we were watching ended at 11:58pm, so we watched the ball drop & then watched one more episode of AW.

Slept in this morning. Need to find some energy. Putting on a small pork roast w/sauerkraut for tonight's dinner. Corky will have to have leftovers unless I get motivated to make him some chicken. Need to work on some paperwork.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Happy New Year! I was up way early with a dog who was having serious anxiety over firecrackers.
                    Watched the Rose Parade on HGTV and had breakfast burritos for our breakfast. Not sure what the rest of the day will be.
                    Hope your team wins, and your company cleans up after themselves!

Comment

Happy New Year all!

Paula, I too just finished watching the Rose Parade on HGTV. No commercials but too much yacking by the Property Brothers in my opinion. I like them but kept telling myself I wish they wouldn't talk so much.

Jo, the storm didn't move as far south as expected. We did get some rain last night but no snow here. The mountains are a different story though as they are covered. It is still very cold but there isn't any wind that I can see so will try and get a walk in after lunch.

Watched the NY Philharmonic last night but by 9:45 couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so off I went to bed and woke up in the New Year. Don't feel any different either.

Have a good one all!!

Comment

Nalani, I kept wondering why they had Nancy O' Dell on with them. She didn't seem to have much floral background.
                        There seemed to be a lot of chit chat, not necessarily parade talk...but no commercials is why I watch. My mom calked afterwards and asked why they didn't have horses this year! She watched ABC and I guess the commercials were when most of the equestrian groups were on!

Comment

Working...
                        X