31 December On the eve of a New Year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 December On the eve of a New Year!

I am still having problems seeing and I will just say good morning everyone! Happy New Year May 2015 be a great year. I hope it will be filled with love, peace and joy and you will be surrounded by those you love.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Morning all

Looking back on 2014 - it didn't start so great, but it sure ended wonderfully!

We are 50% moved - today Chris will have the power transferred and the cable turned on. Starting at noon today I am off work until Monday - so we have plenty of time to finish moving everything and unpack.

My wish for you all in 2015 is health, wealth, and love. Hugs to you ALL!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Last edited by ladyebug; 12-31-2014, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Ahhhhhh, how sweet the ladybug is. I love those little garden helpers. Hey, here is our chance to start a new year, to change our lives, to adopt new methods, to realize our dreams, to challenge ourselves, and to just be happy. I hope all of you start out with a bang and who knows what we will end it with, but I bet it will be good because I'm an ultra positive person. Have a splendid day all.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning...no plans for this evening that I know of other than pizza and junk food in my own apartment with a good book....its been a long not so great week! So glad for a day off tomarrow...plans for tomarrow 2 loads of laundry...buying my new tablet...and eat beans with friends in the afternoon..

Comment

Good morning, and Happy New Year's Eve.

It's 50° out now (6:30a), and will go only to 55° today, with an 80% chance of showers. I'm not sure we actually had our 70° yesterday. It was windy, and the winds carried a chill. Crazy weather.
            In any case it's long sleeves today, and dress for a bit of warmth.

No plans for tonight. We probably will graze away the day. Then I'll have plenty of room in the fridge again. I figured out how to make tea to my liking in my K-cup machine. I don't like any beverage strong. So I brew half a mug, then add hot water to fill the mug. I get two mugs out of the K-cup then.

I'm expecting a call from my hairdresser's today. She had to special-order a body cream that smells deliciously of citrus & melon. It's not a really strong fragrance, just a simple clean one.

Guess I'll go catnap til we get some light outside.
            Have a great day, and a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!

As Jo mentioned a weather front is supposed to be moving in today or rather tonight. Maybe even some snow and surely snow in the mountains around here. Hope so.

They are planning a big shindig this evening from 7 to 9 after dinner. But don't think I'll go to that as I know I would lose it when they play Old Lang Syne and I'd rather lose it in privacy instead of a lot of people.

Yesterday I was taking to the Pizza Hut by a friend who I give rides to places sometimes. She also took another friend. I was the driver of course and we all had personal pan pizzas. It was so yummy. I love the personal pan pizzas as you can pick out what you want.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years and I'll be back next year. Maybe this afternoon too. Have a good one all!

Comment

Happy Last Day of 2014! I have no plans to go anywhere. We always hosted our kids parties and just enjoyed being home and reflective.
                We will have a party in daycare today and let them eat the gingerbread house...I think they may be in for a disappointment. But I have graham crackers for them to eat with milk if the gingerbread is too hard. We use the large size Campbell's soup mugs for dunking graham crackers.
                My wish for all of you is a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous Year!

Comment

Good Morning

ah.. another year under our belt... time to get out my daily journal and re read the pages..

right now. today.. is promising to be a busy one...we have one of the cars getting towed to the garage,having a problem with the ignition system... the Grand sons are packing up to get back on the road home. and we will be packing and going up to camp.with Karens family for a couple of days.. so I will walk away from the house.. cleaning. laundry will wait !. just hate leaving my cat...
                  but will get son to check in on her..

so I better get busy. at least dump all old food
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Goodby 2014. Hope you all have a healthy and happy 2015!

Comment

Maye, what kind of camp? Min a nice warm cabin, right?
                      And someone else doing the cooking?

Comment

Really late.....went to hair salon and got a non frizzy perm.....came out exactly as I like it....she trimmed it too.. It is like a body wave....hides all the thin spots.

Monica and Hannah came over in the afternoon......I made Lentil soup with rice and Chicken soup with Orzo.... Monica who is on gluten free had the Lentil soup.....Hannah had the chicken soup...also had some of the chopped salad I had left from yesterday. Monica made another cookie tray for Dave's daughter Elizabeth and her husband Adam....they love the Biscotti and Pizzelles...so she took mostly those... she also made a small tray for her mail man.... Still more cookies left....Leisa has not taken a tray ... also wanted her to take some to her Mom.. Hope they come to town this weekend.

Went to the Senior Center yesterday....been home too much ... need to start getting out to be with friends....met two very nice ladies there ...sat with them for a couple of hours. It was to be a New years Eve party in the afternoon......few men came in setting up musical instruments for the celebration....also was to be food for those staying. I did not stay.... was there for about 3 hours..and I was ready to go home... Have decided I will make it a regular stop.....if the weather is bad...can call and they will send a bus for me...

Wishing all rounders a Happy 2015....

Comment

Our rain started about a little after noon today. Small drops in a steady but light drizzle. Cold as heck, but not hail.
                          It's still going, just slightly heavier. My 1/2 cat hasn't come around for food today, so must have found a decent place to hide itself, out of the cold wetness. I put a biscuit out for it to munch on if it gets hungry. It will not lack for water to drink.
                          Nalani, I'll be surprised if you don't get snow overnight.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                          X