Friday March 27th...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday March 27th...

Good morning rounders....been up since 2am....did go to bed fairly early last night.... daughter Marianne and I took my car in for a check up and oil change.....like to have it checked over before we take our trip to Iowa which will be on Good Friday as soon a Marianne gets off work. We stay at a motel somewhere along the way around or just past Chicago..... Get up in the morning have breakfast and drive the rest of the way...getting there when family is awake and waiting for us. We are going with a box of goodies for the boys and pretty outfits for little Stella. We are bringing several racks of Lamb...a favorite of all to have for an evening meal on Easter. They have made arrangements for us to go to a Brunch in the early hours of the day. Also bringing the ingredients and lamb form to make the cake there and let the boys decorate it.

Have to call today to make an appointment with my Cardiologist.....Monica wants to go with me....so will get that done today....family doctor said he needs to know about the problems I have been having.

We are still not into Spring here....so tired of the cold and windy days..... so ready for some warmth.

Hope all rounders are in for a good day.....

Good morning.
    Got lots of sleep last night. It's just darn cold here! When I think back on days of end-of-winter/early-spring, my memories are in shades of gray. And that's exactly what I see about me here. Lots of concrete streets, buildings, Sky, bare trees.....
    Yep, I grew up here. It's the same.

Now to make E his motel coffee, and get dressed, and face the world. Well, family/relatives, anyway.

Have a great day.!
    Schmitty, have a good checkup, and a fun trip!,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! I think Spring left us again. Man is it cold & dreary out there.

Yesterday I FINALLY got all the sugar cookies iced & in the freezer. Took the beef broth to the gym with me. I like getting prepaid for something that's not sold yet. Apparently there is someone waiting for me to make more turkey broth. I'll save the carcass next week when I make the turkey to take back Home. Yesterday I roasted the pork for the shredded bbq pork...it's all in the freezer now. I saved the broth & bone from that & simmered that all night. The broth looks nice & rich. Will take that to the gym today & see if she wants to try that. If not, I haven't lost much.

Lots of phone calls yesterday..some I made & some from others calling. Talked to PA realtor & she's getting the ball rolling there with inspections that are needed. She said our closing may be sooner than 5/15 since we are using the same bank & same lawyer. I'm sure we'd both love it if it could all be done by mid April. Don't know if that's possible, but a girl can dream, can't she?

This morning we are taking Kathy to the Dept of Titles and getting the car put into her name. I told her I'd pay for everything to get it done & also pay for 2 months of car insurance to get her onto her own account & off ours. She wasn't pleased about that. She's is so typical of the "Entitled Generation". No thank you, just demands for more. I'll be so glad when we get moved away from her. I love her, but she drives me crazy at times. Shoot, she's been driving us crazy for a couple decades! LOL! Once we get her all squared away, I'm planning on going grocery shopping. There is actually empty spaces in my refrigerator. That's unheard of! LOL!!!!! Then I HOPE to get some sauce made for the lasagna I plan to make tomorrow. I also want to make some sloppy joes & filling for tacos. This will all be frozen & taken to my Mom's for next week. I really try to not be a burden to my Mom when we visit. Too much cooking in her kitchen makes her nervous, plus I can't always count on her having all the necessary ingredients. I just do things as my leisure here, and then I get to spend more time chatting with her & everyone else.

Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning to all...JoG, hope you have a great day visiting with family & friends..
        Schmitty, seeing your cardiologist is a GREAT idea, do it soon. I know you are so looking forward to seeing family and little Stella, just try not to over do.
        cookielady, I like your way of thinking, be prepared and when in doubt, take your own...I like being that way also..I also like to stock my freezer, since it is just the two of us I usually make extra a freeze stuff for later use when don't want to or didn't have the time to cook..Praying all things in Bradford go well, unfortunately it is a slow process, a lot slower than it use to be.
        I went to the library and signed up for my Golden Buckeye card so I could get discounts at stores and other places, yes I have become of age, an AARP card and 'Golden' Buckeye... got to get those discounts when and where you can. Also went to visit my Aunt and Uncle that live right here in my town, had not done that since I had moved back, it is my Dad's brother, they were tickled pink to see me, lots of hugs and conversation, really enjoyed it. I have not done much visiting since being back, weather, health, etc. prevented that but now I am BACK so look out world..
        Have a wonderful day one and all, even if Spring has left us for awhile again.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good Morning

woke up to a jolt. had a spasm in ankle and one in a new place. my neck... weird..... ankle one left up as soon as I could get upright.. neck one took longer and has left a lingering stiff spot.. this getting old is really a pain.......everywhere.... but...I can endure a pain ...as long as it don't stick around for more than a few minutes..
          Donna,, cutting the cord at last!!!... not that Miss Kathy won't be trying for more... but I 'm so glad you are getting her car, and ins . all into her name... don't want anything coming back on you... ... hey you want to come cook in my kitchen????... just leave little containers of goodies behind... ... I don't mind the mess!.
          Have a wonderful trip Mickie.. and sure hope that Dr. don't find anything New wrong... but your episodes do need an explanation.
          Jo .. hope you are having a great trip too.

Daug. Karen was here for a nice visit yesterday... we were matching our calendars... or rather,, she was filling in my calendar with all the coming events of her family......where my presence is required.. baton recitals. Hannahs prom night.(picture session). the school musical .Hannah is Tinkerbell .... and the kids camp, and trip schedules... All I had for her. was what time and what do we want to do for Easter sunday?...

today is more little bits of housework.. fridge is still calling to me for a cleaning ..
          so will be back to see what the rest of you are up too...

Hi Paula... the to-do list is made .. I got everything checked off but 2 phone calls... ( didnt get to wiping out the fridge. but I added , "update my Books-I- have-read records.and spent an hour on that instead)
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Mickie, so glad to hear from you and glad Monica is taking you to the doctor.

Donna, still got my fingers crossed about your house. Are you sure Kathy won't follow you? LOL

Jo, have fun with your folks today.

Cold here, as well. We've had a fire going for 2 days. I thought we were through with all of the mess around the fireplace, but not yet. HOWEVER, it's supposed to be 80 here on Sunday.

Well, haven't accomplished much for the last 2 days. Better get going.

Have a very good day, Friends. j

Comment

Good Cold Morning, we did get the bit of snow they called for. Just enough to track a rabbit. My Iris and Naked Ladies are up and I hope this doesn't do them in. Someone told me another name for the Naked Ladies, she calls them Reserection Lillies.

Comment

Today in Dearborn it I'll get way up to 33°, and down to 17° tonight.
                Today in Tucson will be 92° through the weekend. While avoiding some heat, sounded good, but this is a bit extreme here. 😉

Well, at least I'm satisfied hat my garden's watering system is working and I managed to put the shade cover over the plants, before we left.

Well, we're off to start the visiting now. Thanks for the nice wishes!
                Have a good day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning...I am sick again...I am so ready for summer....seems like I have caught every jerm this winter I am going to work though...I am really needed in the laundry area because one of the other girls that helps with socks had to have her pacemaker replaced...and its not fun if you have to do the sock job with out any help or with help from some one that doesn't know what they are doing...

I talked it over with my mother if I am still feeling horrible in the morning she will be taking me to the out Patient clinic in Salem...I am still not sure if its just a cold or something more....

I want to do some laundry after work this evening as well.

Comment

Morning all

TGIF! Even if I have to work tomorrow, it's STILL Friday!

Paula - I now have in my possession the Key Lime Cake mix and the Key Lime frosting! I am soooo excited!

Otherwise, nothing new in our world. Y'all have a good 'un!
                    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I am ready for it to be Friday, too! This week has gone by quickly, though.So no complaints.
                      I have some little trips coming up, when I thought I wouldn't have any time off till JUly. I don't know why, but I totally stress over telling parents I am taking a day or two for a family event: two graduations. My nephew from MN is graduating from college and my brother really wants me to attend. He is paying for the airfare. And I realized it will be Rylie's 8th grade graduation and that is kind of a big deal. High school coming up and all...I am trying to get over the mindset that parents will leave and go to another provider if I take off time...I am taking off Good Friday because I wanted a day to get ready for Easter and none of my parents had to work that day. They would have brought kids, but this time I just wanted a day off. Then Monday the school kids are out and I will have some big boys...
                      Donna, your cooking adventures are inspiring. Pat, I hope after all the hype and the search for the mix that you guys like the cake. Becky and I are making Texas sheet cakes for the shelter this weekend. I found a Lemon recipe for one and you know me: I Love Lemon!
                      Jo, stay warm and enjoy the visits! Maye, time updating a book list is time saving money from buying one you read in the past. Beth, I hope you get over what has been bringing you down.
                      I have the pest control guy coming today. I am tired of trying all the homemade ant remedies that only make the ants find another way into the house...Windex stopped thm at the front door and the peppermint oil made them change their path, but didn't make them change their minds. They ants keep marching into the house! Time for the big guns; I have the service but I haven't had to call them for ants for years.
                      I better get going. Rounders, have a great day and stay happy and healthy!

Comment

Good morning all!

My, everyone sounds so busy, and especially Donna, who's middle name must be "always busy". Hope the inspection will go well. We had a very picky inspector that had a LOT of picayune things wrong. Lucky the buyers didn't care about having those fixed and only pointed out 3 which a friend fixed at no cost.

Am mailing a box to myself today in care of Patty. Want to have only a carry on bag on my quick trip to Maui so I can catch the little shuttle plane to Hana in time to get there early afternoon, other wise I'd have to wait several hours for the late plane to Hana. Had to make the carry on light enough so I can lift it into the over head bin above my seat plus go through security with no problem.

Nice warm day here. Spring is here!

Have a good day all!

Comment

So darn late getting here I should just save it for tomorrow. BUT tomorrow we are getting a very early start on cleaning out the last of Sierra's furniture and whatever else she wants from that room. Then it will officially be turned into a place to store boxes and totes. Believe it or not but it flurried here this morning. I thought I was seeing snow when I left Jon;s and then he called later to say it was past flurries but actually snowing. Must be spring in the midwest when we bounce from temps in the 80s to the 30s and thunder storms to snow. Going to find something for lunch then rest my back for tomorrow.

Comment

We had snow flurries all morning, and on and off all afternoon. Like nano-feathers! It didn't "stick" anywhere though.
                            Had a very good visit with E's brother & wife.
                            Good night, all.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                            X