Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ March 23

Howdy, Friends!

How is everyone this morning? I am wondering about Mickie and karlinann. Has anyone had touch with them?

I think we may see some sunshine today, which is good because we have a million errands to run.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. 😃

Morning all

Elaine - Karlin checked in the other day and said she had her computer in the shop due to a bunch of viruses. No word on Mickie.

Back to the grind today. It's Spring Break here this week, so traffic should be less with no school buses running.

Dr. appt. today at 10:15 - just to establish with a new family practitioner and hopefully get some prescriptions renewed that I haven't had for over a year.

Off to the shower and onward! Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning Elaine....sorry I have not been here the past few days....not even sure how long it has been......trying to get paperwork organized...and it is not going well so far.

Will be wishing for a sunshine filled day for you .... unfortunately we are still in the grips of cold weather.... will be so glad to see warm days .. it is 24 degrees out now.....have not been paying attention to todays forecast.....will look online to see what it is supposed to be.

Had another bad day last week......making dinner for Hannah and her Dad......everything ready to bring to the table....started with a back ache.....then I was feeling really sick....light headed, weak....Dave came and helped me sit down....Hannah called 911.....Dave said I was white as a sheet....scared him and Hannah was crying... this is something that has happened to me before....last time it happened they took me to the hospital...and I was there for 2 days......the doctor came in and told me what happened and what it is called "Cardiogenic Syncophy"..... Dave thinks I am doing too much and he says he is going to have Monica make the meal and he is going to bring it here...LOL! I told him no way.....I love to cook.......if he thinks it is too much work.....I will start to make more one pot meals...I love to cook.....can cut down by doing one pot meals...not so many dishes to prepare....will see if he goes for it... Anyway....5 men came from the Fire Station nearby.....they wanted to take me to the hospital....I said no.....did not want to go. They gave me oxygen...and ran some tests.... after about 15 minutes I was starting to feel better....they still wanted me to go to the hospital....but they finally let that go.....had me sign on a form that is what I wanted. Wish I could stop this type of episode. Seems like the backache is the start of it.....had the same thing happen the last time I had this same episode...but went to the hospital....

Hope all are in for a good day.....will try to be here for the next few days.. Marianne and I will be driving to Iowa on Good Friday...after she gets off work.....stay in a motel overnight when she gets tired...then drive the rest of the way in the a.m. It is about a 10 hour drive. Looking forward to spending Easter with them.....can't wait to see little Stella again....she is so sweet and pretty too... will leave there on Tuesday morning to come back home.

Comment

Good morning....sorry about you scary spell Micky...

I am beginning to think if its not one thing its another...NOW granny seems to be halfway ok...and my dad is down sick...they have done mris of his back they aren't showing anything other than arthritus...well as long as he stays sitting down he is ok..but the second he tries to get up he is in so much pain he almost can't stand it....My mom is getting exausted between carrying for dad and granny...and running errands for me this week end since I was down with some sort of stomach bug. I am feeling fine today...

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was pretty but very cold. The guy at church that was the greeter at the door wished us a Merry Christmas...you'd swear it should have been snowing it was that cold.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but who cares. I did come home from church and baked an apple pie so the house smelled good. The buyers weren't suppose to arrive until 2pm, but we saw a car pull in at 1:30pm. Found out it was the parents. I chatted with them for a couple of minutes before we left. We came back at 2:30 and all the cars were still there. We drove around for another 10 minutes & came back. There were only 2 cars there then, so I pulled over at a neighbor's drive & we waited & watched them all leave. Wasn't surprised when we got a called later in the evening with an offer from them. It wasn't as bad as the other one, so there is promise, but I'm not holding my breath or getting excited. It's another USDA loan...the worst of the worst loan. We counter offered & we'll wait & see. I did cook us a nice dinner. I included the Brussel Sprouts & sausage that I've been waiting to make. Didn't want to stink up the house with either one until all showings were done for the week. LOL! After supper I took the pie over to my neighbor Toni's for her SIL who serves in the military. She's watching her granddaughter while they are on vacation and they'll be back this evening, but will be leaving for Home tomorrow morning. Wanted to get it to him before I left. It's my tiny way of saying thank you to him for serving our country. He's in Special Ops, so his life is always on the line. I know he LOVES my pies. Stayed & had a cup of tea and a nice long chat with Toni.

This morning I'll be heading to Sharon's as soon as I get my breakfast & get my butt out the door. She's only about an hour & 15 minutes away, but I was invited to stay the night & I'm going to! We are both talkers & will fill the hours with lots of talking. LOL!!!! I remember the RU I had when we lived in Lima, OH...Sharon & Jo looked and acted like twins. I wished Jo lived closer so she could join us.

Good to see you back Mickie...it's been close to a week since you've posted. You need yourself a Soue (??) Chef...someone to prep & clean up after you. I know I'd like one! LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning to all, up and excited to have Donna come and visit, I ask her to spend the night because after a day of laughing and talking I'm sure we will be exhausted, LOL so she should spend the night and rest up before hitting the road again.
            Mickie, have you seen your Dr. And told him of these episodes? I had similar episodes before my carotid surgery. Take care of yourself, I like Donna's idea, a clean up person..for me that is my hubby, he is a great help to me in the kitchen.
            Pat good luck finding a Dr. You like.
            Ladybug how is the weather in Texas? Looking and smelling like Spring I bet..not here up North they even mention snow flakes.
            Bethina hope things start looking up in your family.
            I am going to get off of here and mix up a meatloaf to have ready for the oven later, just could not make up my mind on what to fix for supper especially with the GREAT cook that will be tasting it, LOL..(j/k). Looking forward to my friend coming to visit. Yes me and Jo are a lot alike we love to talk, laugh and have a good time..catch everyone later.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, we have snow.

Boff and Donna, hope you have a great day, And safe trip Donna.

I was chuckling over yesterday's post about flat surfaces, seems we have lots of pilots here on the RT me being one of them. We "pile it" here and there.

Comment

Good Morning

OH,, my ... going to need the shovel at Sharons House!... (on old expression..meaning they will be knee-deep in poo from all the talking.). said with a big Grin... just wish I was there..... drive careful dear niece

Bethina.. sorry to hear you were sick...your poor Mom is run ragged...

Mickie...YOU must listen to your family...and slow down. take it easier... they would be devastated if anything happens to you!!!!..(guilt trip. #1..)..
                when you feel the backache... Stop... and go lay down.call for someone .. before it goes any further.. Hannah needs her Grandmother. ( guilt trip#2)..so one pot meals are good.. and we miss you here at RT when you dont show up each day.!. so glad you got good responder that day.

Donna... Praying and praying .... HE will get tired of my voice ... see you soon.

Hi Elaine... how did the cake go at church yesterday?. are you still wading in water?
                Hi Pat..Thanks for update on Karlinann... and enjoy? your new dr. visit...

another very cold ,,in the teens right now , morning... want to go to Jo anne fabric and get yarn ... library stop to drop off books that are due. ..
                since a K mart is beside Jo annes , might take walk through there.. checking sales. .a few lessons
                and DWTSs... .... read a little ,, play phone games a lot. throw out something. the computer room has a neater look already...

Hi Paula

be back to read later...
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all. We had something similar to rain during the night because the pavement is damp not really wet.

I really need to do some clearing out her. Seems like there is stuff everywhere that needs to be put away. Back is still hurting since my fall and I can't do much until this stops. Doesn't take much to make a tiny apartment look like a mess.

My meals are nearly always very simple. I love to cook but when there's no one to share it with it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Sending sundhine as best I can. have a good one.

Comment

Good morning all!

Mickie, you really do need to slow down. One pot meals sound good especially done in the crockpot. Listen to your family.

The people who bought our house stayed and stayed while looking and after they left the house they stood in the street and talked to the realtor for a long time. And they bought it. So I think that might be a good sign for you, Donna.

Have a busy day today doing this and that and also want to make a trip to Best Buy to look at DVD recorder/players. I've given up trying to fix my old VHS/DVD player. It's quite old anyway.

Have a good day all!

Comment

No snow here....60s and thunder storms for us today. Spent the weekend relaxing and catching up on my sleep. I should be a powerhouse this week!! Going sometime today to put Drew's room together and everything is loaded in the car down to the curtain rod. He called last week and ask if I would do it today so I hope he will be happy with it. Sierra's furniture is ready to be hauled over but waiting for her dad to find some help. His days off are mostly during the week while normal people have weekends off. Thinking it is time to shower and start my day.

Comment

Good morning....
                        I'm definitely late getting up today. Got to get dressed right away and go for labs today. Then urge E to get the new timers for the faucets outside.
                        We should get about 85° today, and that is climbing this week. I need to create some shade for my plants, then organize stuff we're taking to MI. Hope Midwest temps will rise this next weekend,

Saw Jo's name mentioned, and had to stop and think. I wasn't at that Roundup, so it must be JoS (who I did meet at Jackie's Roundup).

One-pot meals are great. I tend to do that these days.
                        Schmitty, I agree, talk with your doctor about that. Seems like the oxygen was a help; maybe you should have some available at your house.

Speaking of houses ---- good luck, Cookielady!!!!! Hoping this one will work out.

Well, gotta go get dressed, and get going. Will be back later.
                        Have a great day, all.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It Poured here yesterday afternoon! Oh, good morning, too!
                          Thunder and I mean, Thunder! Loud and the keep on rolling kind!
                          Pat, thanks for letting us know about karlinann. I missed her post.
                          Schmitty, so glad you are ok now. Besides the backache can you tell what was happening before that? Please take care. You are just too precious to so many people. And I don't use that word lightly.
                          Bethina, you guys need a break. Hopefully, we all get the germ free, snow free, low offer break we need. Madonna, I am just really encouraged for you due to all the visits you are getting. I know a few people who bought houses, really nice ones, through USDA. I did not know it was not good for the seller,methought.
                          Have a great day!

Comment

Well, Donna, my iPad just gave you a new staus!

Comment

Working...
                            X