Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ March 21

Good Morning 😱

I just finished reading yesterday's posts, and Donna's nearly sent me back to bed. I don't know anyone with as much going on as she has!!
    Donna, you are amazing. Cooking one good meal a day is all I can manage. Crossing fingers on your house sale.

Janet, I am so sorry about your snow. I think the weatherman has it in for you.

Jo, hope you are over your dizziness, and Paula, hope the sniffles are gone.

Our local animal shelter is on my FB page, and the were asking for puppy chow yesterday, so I bought some from a new business here, and the owner told me that social media in this area has been a huge boon to the shelter's situation. Lots of sweet pets are now being adopted, fostered, and sheltered. That news made my day.

Today I am cooking for us as well as making my dish for church, but before I do that, I must finish my book.

Hugs to Everyone ~ ~

Morning all

It's my Saturday to work and I clocked in at 5:58 a.m. Will be stuck inside this building until 5pm today.

Erin is on Spring Break until Monday, March 30th - Granny picked her up from school yesterday and she will spend most of it with Granny and her Dad. I say GOOD, because that child has made me late almost every single day this past week. And that makes me NUTS!

So I'm off to get another cup of coffee and try to wake up before I have to unlock the front door for the day.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Just coming to check in....back to bed

Comment

Good Morning...from what the weathermen are saying winter isn't finished with us just yet...but we are so much closer to nice weather...I have pictures from about 7 yrs. ago and we had snow in April. Got food ready yesterday for hubby's Grandpa's 90th surprise birthday party today, got the makings for punch, should be a fun, fun day. Will be hitting the shower soon.
        Elaine, wonderful thing for the animal shelter, good for you for being so kind and buying food.
        Pat, enjoy Erin's spring break, LOL!! I do not like being late for anything, early is better.
        Well best get moving, have a great day one and all.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! Up early because we've got to put the finishing touches on the house before the showing at 11am.

Yesterday was good. Got the laundry all done. Went up to make Blaise's bed & it smelled like pee. Apparently the cat did her thing on it, because Blaise hasn't pee the bed in a long time. Had to strip it & wash it all...that was the first load of laundry. My house smelled wonderful all day with the turkey roasting. When I picked up Blaise, I was told he had a wonderful day & week...he behaved himself. So as a treat we went to Paul's and used the gift card I got as a prize from the bake-off. He wanted to try an ice cream sandwich & I had a dish of moose track ice cream & since we still had money left, we got an order of the homemade fries...YUM!!! We weren't too hungry for dinner, but the turkey was done, so I sliced it all up and left a dish of it out for us. Made some veggies and that was our dinner. Instead of putting the turkey in the crockpot, I put it in a nice 9x13 glass dish. I wanted to use my crock pot to simmer the bones and make another batch of broth. I called Lynn to see if she could sell it on Monday. Will bag & freeze it in pint servings. It's still simmering and is already a nice dark golden yellow. She won't be at the gym until Monday now, so that's why I'm freezing it. The instructions say to refrigerate it for only 3 days.

Got a late call from Becca. She's down at RMU visiting her friend Carrisa and they went to a dorm room on the next floor to watch the basketball game on TV. Well apparently they all got too loud and campus police were called. Everyone that was under 21 was given a breathalyzer test. Her & Carrisa weren't drinking. Since Becca isn't a student there, they are sending us a letter to inform us of what happen. They were all just told to go to leave. So back to Carrisa's room them went to watch Disney movies. LOL! I appreciate she called & warned me. I'm glad she wasn't one of the ones drinking. She's responsible.

We are going to head to the library during the showing this morning. After that I'll gather everyone's crock pots & head to the church I need to deliver them to in Ontario. Then when I get home I MIGHT finally start working on icing some of those cookies. We'll see.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning

no sunshine yet... and prediction is for cloudy all day... but warm!.

Elaine, the snow was all melted off by mid afternoon... I call that spring fun snow..roads never got bad. HOWEVER,, You can't dance in it either

got the big big puzzle finished .. will tear down and that will be all the puzzle building until next winter (or not , I might get bored reading ..))...
            I could do a lot of different things today... could and should go get yarn.. could return real books to the library.. could go visit Daughter.. could stay home and make up some new games for Game Forum.. .. with a frown, could cook.or bake something..

nice long talk with Donna yesterday... do love that girl..

Hi Pat... thats one long day at work... my son Mike was the 'ever late" child at my house... drove me crazy..however he went to the Air Force. worked up throught the ranks to the very top ...Chief Master Sgt.... and is now retired .but still in charge of an office full of Airman. doing the same job only in Civil service.. so he made it...so will Erin!.. only your nerves will have suffered ..

(((((((((((((Barb))))))))))))))))

Hi Paula..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, looks like a nice day outside, but the furnace is running so the sun may not be as warm as it looks.

Donna on one of the cooking shows I was watching the guy made the broth to use for soups later on. Canned it in quart jars so instead of buying the broth you have homemade. Is also nice because you control the salt.

Elaine was nice of you to donate. Don't know if it is all shelters but up here if you don't take in the brand they want they aren't too happy. A friend took in a big bag of store brand food, they accepted it but told her "we only feed _______, just so you know next time" so she has never taken any more. Ads in the paper about how badly they need the supplies they would be happy to get it no matter the brand. My thought is that if the store brand is good enough for my animals it should be good enough for them.

Comment

Good morning all!

Busy day yesterday trying to fix things. Got the cabinet shelf straightened but had to act like a contortionist to fix it. Sore in places this morning. Other problem was I punched the wrong button on my video player and got it all bollixed up and when I kept trying to fix it just made everything worse. Will work on it today and most likely will have to call someone to tell me the right buttons to press.

Might watch the Arizona/Ohio game this afternoon or then again might wait until it's all over before finding out the good or bad news on how Arizona did. Never know in these tournaments.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                  The weather should hit almost 80° today, and climbing for next week. I have a few plants to put out in the garden this morning. And new garden seeds to plant, too. It'll be a busy morning. Then I need to start writing out Easter Cards, and get ahead on that. Next week we are heading to MI to visit family.
                  I'm taking only winter clothing. Their nights are in the 20-30's, and days averaging in the 40's, according to the 10-day forecasts I'm getting. Well, I weathered Alaska, I can weather MI as well, right?

Thanks, Elaine. I'm glad the dizziness doesn't hit too often, but there's a big warning sticker on my new meds about it. I just need to figure out what triggers it, and try to avoid it. Aging....a new kind of "adventure". 😉

Maye, I have puzzle apps. Every month I get a free 1-a-day set, and then I "win" some on accumulated points. The challenging ones are pictures of Mandellas and the Fractals. But I get all kinds. The nice thing about Kindle is the free books I can get, as well as useful ones. They don't pile up when I'm finished!

Nalani, our TVs are too confusing to me, so only E operates them. I'm afraid I'll screw up the stuff he's set to get the shows we are able to get. We have too many remotes, and it's beyond me what each one is for. It must be an Engineer thing. I have no idea where instruction books are. So if he dies first, my kids can take these TVs and I'll get a new one installe. Meanwhile, I try not to think about it. The cable companies are no help either,and in fact seem to be part of the problem. Tucson is not inside Phoenix, and we aren't on Central time; and even the humans in the company don't get it straight.

Well, I'm off to get my mocha and breakfast now. I slept in late today, 6:30, and just in time to see the golden sunrise.

Have a good day, everyone.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo, that is why I don't change satellite company: I know this one and my tvs are set up for it. That said, it drives me NUTS to go to my tv and see that 22 episodes of some crazy show were dvr'd and I never set that up. so at some time when I have a lot of patience I will call the 800 # and see what is wrong. Serves me right; I used to think Gary was recording all the crazy shows.
                    I am late because I got up and started doing some things and then Becky did a scan on the computer. I was driving back from mailing a package to Japan (big sigh of relief) and saw a neighbor's van door open on the street side. I had just visited with them on my way to the PO and knew they were going to be gone all day. I finally decided to go back up land shut the door, no answer to my cell phone call, and guess what was in the van? Rifles! Like how long they would still be there, I am not sure, but there are lots of kpeople strolling neighborhoods just looking for an opportunity to get things...anyway, I thought if by some chance they actually wanted the door open:sorry. I erred on the side of caution,
                    Elaine, I am feeling better, thanks. I only have coughing fits a few times a day. Of course, those times seem to be in public, so everyone around you takes a big step back, as the two people in the PO line. I was struggling to answer the guys questions and get some gum out of my purse, so I could talk. I hate the tickling cough that just wants to erupt! I will now be that person who has to carry a water bottle in her purse...
                    It is a beautiful Spring day and I plan on enjoying it!
                    Hope you all do the same

Comment

Paula, our neighbors had the dish satellite....don't know what the problem was with it, but they highly didn't recommend it. They moved to another town shortly after that. The other neighbor on the other side also had a dish setup for maybe a year. So apparently she had problems with it also. E had been considering it. So, go figure. I'll just let E deal with it the way he wants.

There are some good throat losenges available. I think the most effective one for me is the Cepacol (green ones) hydrating ones. They taste a bit like lime. Take care.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X