Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday March 16

Morning all!

Staying home from work today. My body's obviously trying to find Somethng off, which means the dizzies have hit. I went to bed early last night to try and fix it but no, still here today.
    A day of rest, with lots of tea, will hopefully help send whatever it is on its way.

Let me see if I can find another nice photo or two for you all...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Morning all

Lisa - hope you feel better, my lovely.

Seriously beginning to worry about Karlinann. No check-ins all week last week. Anyone know how to contact her?

It's Monday - oh yay. *sigh* And it's my long week. Six days in a row before I have a day off.

But no news is good news. So y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I am worried myself Pat.

Work today...appointments after work....not sure what this evening will bring...

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
        Lisa, it's so nice to see you posting. Sorry you have the dizzies. No fun, I know. (For me, that's a side effect of one of my meds. Luckily I get it only when lying down, and it lasts a brief moment.). Hope you feel better soon.
        And thank you, also, for the lovely pics.

I do hope Karlinann is okay. I thought maybe she had a refresher training course, or maybe the new job keeps her busy?

Today we are checking out a new movie theater. It's decked out with reclining leather seats. Small tables for snacks or meals (they have a "full menu"), which are served to you at your seating place. I can't imagine! So we are going for the experience. The movie is "Cinderella", and we will have lunch.
        E read that the critics said a lot of the fantasy (like having conversations with mice) is gone, and Disney *finally* got the story right. The theaters are a chain named "Roadhouse". They divide the theater where kids can see movies, and adults only have their movies. Adults can order a brew or mixed drinks; there's also sodas, floats, and water. Different, huh?

Nothing else in today's plans. A doctor appt this week.

Hope you all have a very good day. ☺️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning .

Hi Pat and Bethina.. Im late getting here... had a book that has to be returned today... so was finishing it up...

Lisa.. I love castles.....the chapel was inside the castle.? .. lovely .. but those castles had to be Cold... and no bathrooms... Ha.

not much planned for today... ordinarily we would go to town.. but , don't really need anything that can't wait until later in the week..
          the temperture is to shot up into the 50s today... a really nice change...

missing Karlinann... .

~~~hi gang. be back later... I'm off to pick up the house and get back to purging the paper files. one big burnable bag full already...
          Last edited by Mayebarnes; 03-16-2015, 07:57 AM.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Oh Lisa, such gorgeous photos. I looked to see how far from London this is. Not far, at all. Surely the family has put some modern plumbing in by now. LOL

Hi Pat! Hi Janet! Hi beth!

Jo, can't wait to hear how the theatre experience goes - and how much it costs. Also, want your reaction to the move. Have fun!

Drizzly and foggy here. Not too cold, but not an inviting day outdoors.

Going to try a new soup recipe today. John loves his soup.

Have a good day,

Comment

Good Morning

Aunt Maye, people who could afford those kind of castles did have a sort of bathroom (for family and guest) complete with bathtubs. The had servants who carried the water and emptied the pots

JoGee, with the cost of going to just an ordinary theater being so high, can't imagine the cost of going to one as fancy as that.

Comment

Yes, you will hear about the experience at the movies, and the movie we see. I bet there's sstill no plumbing in the castle. They keep them historically accurate for the tourists. We saw several castles there in England. One had small closet-like rooms, big enough for one person to sit or stand to do their business. No plumbing. Like a brick outhouse, literally, but higher up. Apparently in the ladies' quarters. 👸 A simple brick seat with a hole that went down to the moat.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!

Karlinann's computer could be down. Another reason she isn't here.

Beautiful pictures, Lisa. Those old castles are so lovely, but cold looking. I guess they really started out as fortresses too. Glad I live in these times though, with warm houses and indoor plumbing.

Woke up way too early this morning and have already read the paper, done the crossword puzzle, played Candy Crush until I ran out of minutes and now here. After this will read or take a small doze.

Buddy died a year ago today and I think that is the reason I woke up at the time I did as it was about the time of night he died. Will visit him at the cemetery today after I go to the CPA to get my taxes taken care of. Will try and keep busy all day to keep from tearing up.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Remember when karlinann was posting pictures of the neighborhood where they were buying their house? What town was that? Pat, do you remember? I lost my Rounders list from my phone accidently.
                    It is raining really good here. (Everytime I use poor grammar I wince, thinking of how Elaine would grade that sentence.)
                    Speaking of Cinderella, some of my friends posted pictures of taking their little girls: two theaters had beautiful carriages set up for photo ops and lots of girls in fancy Cinderella gowns. I hope you have a wonderful experience, Jo.
                    I finally have caught the coughing, hacking bug going through this town. Taking OTC meds and making myself lemon ginger tea and taking deep breaths to keep from letting any germs settle.
                    Lisa, a friends son took a trip to the UK and some parts of Europe last month. He posted lots of pictures. His favorite place to visit was Oxford. Second was C.S.Lewis home and the area around it. He is a young adult, around 23, and took buses, trains and walked a lot. On his own. Not sure I will ever travel to any of these places, so the pictures are much appreciated.
                    I am going to make a cup of lemon tea, and try to wake up.
                    Pat, I hope you are able to keep away form the crazies...
                    Maye, can you tell we are closer to Spring in your town?
                    Take care, everyone.

Comment

Morning! It's sunny and I actually went out to the store this mornIing WITHOUT A COAT! Back down into the 30's tomorrow.

Yesterday the showing of the house here went well apparently, but there is another house across town that's out in the countryside that's more appealing to them, but they haven't eliminated our house yet. They were all pleasantly surprised at house big it was once they got in even though it's only 1100 sq feet.

This morning I woke feeling in a funk. I started a new anti-depressant Rx last week & I don't know if that's what's wrong, or I'm just super stressing. I've been snapping at Blaise, cried, and feel funky in my head. If this doesn't clear up in the next few days, I'll be calling my doctor.

In the meantime, I want to mix up the dough for my sugar cookies and we have to get the house ready again for another showing this afternoon at 4pm. Our realtor called & said she told the other realtor that we probably wouldn't mind since we just showed it yesterday. She's got that right! I'm going to roast a chicken today, so the house should smell good. Won't do the brussel sprouts until after they go. We'll go to the library to hang out for the half an hour.

I messaged Karlinann, but got no response.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all. We had the Life Celebration for Joyce yesterday. So many old friends were there, especially friends from the days when many of them went to the little one room school with her.My youngest and her fiance are computer geeks and they copied a lot of Joyce's pictures and made a display board. I do regret that we didn't get a book for people to sign but everything went so fast we didn't really have time to think of everything.
                        We kept everything simple as that was the way she liked things....................well, except some of the dishes she made.

Lunch in the Community Hall today. I'm thinking doiong some heavy work like cleaning the algae out of the fish take. It's looking pretty murky with that stuff on the glass.

Tha nk you all so much for your kind wishes her and on Face Book. They are truly appreciated.

Comment

Barb, I am not sure how to do it, but I have seen people print off their facebook posts and comments. You and your family could fill quite a book of remembrace for Joyce.

Comment

Thought I'd checked in earlier but guess I didn't. Got up running this morning and after Sierra leaves from lunch I am heading out to make a return and pick up the dress she wanted for graduation. I've been to the post office and bank, paid bills and started laundry. For some reason my bedroom looks like a teenager cleaned out the closet. Guess I got carried away looking for springier things to wear last weekend. Funny how things that were your favorite last year look like rags this season. Finally ordered curtains for Drew's room...blue not red. I wanted red but the red they are showing is not red so I ordered a white with blue stripe. His comforter is red white and blue. And why are stores not carrying curtains anymore? I think they would rather you ordered on line. I would think they would want the store traffic but what do I know. 80* this afternoon! WOW! Being so far south yesterday we had a beautifully warm day too. Lunch with boys was nice and Drew was happy because his Uncle Scott brought him a couple of lego cars to put together. Almost time for school to let out for lunch then I will take off for the afternoon.

Comment

TO ANSWER PAULA... and will post in morning post again.... yes... people yards are green,, the grass has come up and is flourishing.!!.. trees are still ycky. ,my Daffodils are poked up through the dirt about 4 " already... yes Spring is here..... have to tell the wind and rain yet... they still like to Chill.

btw.. I do not see Karlinann information on the address list Pat forwarded..
                              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X