Friday, March 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, March 06

((((((((HUGS Donna)))))))). Been there and done that.

I found a good haul trash picking yesterday. First of all my neighbor threw out the French flower cones on metal stands that I've been eyeing since the day he moved in. They are woven basket cones attached with wire down inside metal stands about 2 1/2 feet high to put either silk or real flowers in. He had silk pansies in them and at first I was going to throw them out, but I bleached them and washed them good and they sprung back to life and I just inserted them into my spring wreath and finished filling that out. Beautiful! Next I found a huge (plastic that looks like) terracotta pot. I had to scrub that thing for awhile with bleach, but now it looks amazing and I'll grow tomatoes in that. To buy list: Potting Mix. Then I found a very large and long tool carrier, the ones with the handle. It's old wood and I think the owners had been using it for a planter, but I will slap a couple of coats of paint on it and it will be a tool carrier again or something else, but definitely not a planter. It is a real find. Then I found a drying rack made of wood and it needed extra hard scrubbing because of the mildew, but it will be great for drying swim suits and towels this summer.

I was so happy with all my finds. I have a feeling that before too long I'll be having a sale to get rid of some of my finds, but that will be okay. I can make money.

Today I'm going shopping for one of those rubber door mats that looks like iron. Have you seen them? I've had those before in South Carolina and they work perfectly with damp weather and sand.

Mexican for dinner tonight. Have a wonderful day.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning, still cold here but it did warm up enough yesterday that it melted a bunch (but froze it back last night. Today he said he was taking me for frog legs. He found out yesterday that Katie serves them on Fridays, she doesn't have a printed menu, but had said that she had to pick up her Friday fish order and how many pounds of each thing she gets. So he came home and asked me if I like them. He will not eat them, won't even taste them.

Karliann, my X SIL used to do the whole trash picking thing, she lives very close to Offit Air Force Base, her hubby has a base pass, she found lots of stuff, when someone gets transferd and don't want to have to move a bunch of stuff. She learned how to fix the concrete garden things, and people were all the time stopping and asking to buy them out of her yard and garden, she made extra money for a bit of elbow grease.

Comment

its cold.... but Good Morning... sun is shining

the weather guy said we broke another low temp record last night for this day in March .. clear back to 1901... yeah. its been one of those kinds of winter...
      and again, I am thankful for my running furnace. not frozen pipes.. and a big pile of snow on the outer edge of deck so Dog can use it as bathroom...

we are going to make a trip out later in forenoon... GS Jacob has a ukelele that needs some re-gluing..David has knows a man who makes and repairs instruments and is a dear friend too.. so we will be going there .to drop the ukelele off... but it could turn into an hour visit... will stop at store for a few necessities.. .. later this evening .I will pick up Donna's Mom ,and we will attend the high school musical.."Anything Goes".. hope the snow is over.

Karlin ,had a DIL that did the same , on trash day she drove around the cul de sacs.. where the best stuff was. love to restore stuff..( she is now an ex-dil.)
      Darla .lunch out for me today... but not frog legs... more like big chicken salad .. or a pasta dish of some kind..

warm ,hugs to Donna ,Elaine and John... Val,
      and HI Paula

be back later .
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
        Right now the temp is about 48°, but is expected to get to 75° today. Dry & sunny, getting warmer this weekend.
        No specific plans for today. If E decides to hit the gym okay, I think I'll go with him.
        Otherwise ------- whatever.

Have a good day, everyone. 👋
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...not sure if I told you all that my parents have been on vacation in Florida with my sis and nieces for the last 2 weeks...Well one of the first days of their vacation my dad's blood pressure shot up to stroke level...They contacted his doc here and were told double the blood pressure meds and no driving for dad....he goes to his doc on Monday for further testing...Any ways they will be home today or tomorrow...and I told mom that I would do what ever I needed to for a chance to see my sis and nieces even for just a few minutes..I haven't seen any of them since January..

Work today....straightening apartment this evening and doing dishes..and hopefully watch my Murray State Racers play basketball on TV.

Comment

Morning all

First - a HUGE hug for Donna.

Nothing new here - Erin is travelling with the band to another town about 60 miles away for ensemble contest today. I know they will do well.

Slow, slow, slow at work - but gearing up because beginning on the 28th we will be slammed until August. NOT looking forward to starting to work Sundays in Mid-May.

No plans for the weekend - may come into the office Sunday and work on getting my monthly statements out. That way they will be ready for all the checks to be signed by the boss when he returns from vacation on Monday when he walks in the door.

Y'all have a good 'un.

Oh Aunt Maye - 2 weeks from today is the beginning of Spring! YAY!

Last edited by Pat B; 03-06-2015, 08:57 AM.
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning all!

Had a cousin that went around checking trash for treasures and he found a lot. Go for it Karlinann. Too bad you are not near me as I could now give you lots of things.

Got the boxes delivered to Goodwill yesterday and that is out of the way and also called Bim's investment company to see what we need to do for him to start drawing on it. So sometime next week he will come to my apartment and we will call them as they will have to talk to both of us. Tomorrow I intend to have him help me take a picture to UPS to be shipped to my Granddaughter. It is too heavy for me to carry far. Any way UPS does that for a fee. Just can't handle things like that on my own anymore. Hate getting old. Will get new tires for my car this morning I think so that will be another thing to cross off my list.

Have a good day all and stay warm.!

Comment

Good Friday morning...this week has gone fast. It does seem like Fridays are getting to be a bit of a challenge. Either an early drop off like today or an extra child, also today. but it all works out. I read last night that our Food program had State auditors going around to different providers. Glad I missed that surprise. My food was all right but a couple of days my lunch tme was a little later than normal and I wonder what they would do id I was just starting to cook. Sit around and wait? Come back? Anyway, with the nice weather I know it is justified and I have an hour and a half window to serve lunch...I just like being totally ready for something like that and this time I had no clue they were visiting. Usually, if one provider gets a visit for breakfast, the rest of us know pretty soon. They may have not been in Red Bluff...one time I had Federal and State people show up unannounced, and they even wanted to see the kitchen where food was kprepared and the packaging for the chicken nuggets we were having that day. I was serving a good brand of white meat nuggets, so it made them happy...The big thing now is they will ask to see your milk to make sure it is 1 % . Calif decided age 2 and up HAS to have it. My kids do not like it...
                I have to stop myself; I could drive myself nuts over this.
                Hugs and thoughts for Donna, Elaine and John.
                Pat, I hope you post that graphic on FB, so I can copy it...
                Have a great day!

Comment

(((John & Elaine)))

Good Morning! The sun is shining though it's bitter cold out there. Next week is suppose to be in the 40's all week...yea!

Yesterday was a roller coaster day emotionally. Thank you for all your prayers & hugs. I had a total melt down on my SIL...she let me cry it out. I then ranted to God and was in a funk all evening. Didn't even have any popcorn...which is pretty unusual...LOL!!!! On a semi bright note, Corky got called early yesterday morning for a 2nd interview at the golf course in Dayton, OH on Sunday. I'm not thrilled about moving there, but it's better than him going back to the Pipe & Steamfitters.

Today is a new day. My day started with an hour long call from my realtor in PA. Not that she had any good news, but we listen to each others whoa's. She said it's better to have no buyer than a bad buyer & the guy yesterday was a bad buyer. I'm now in the thick of things preparing for tomorrows lunch I have to cater at the church. Making 4 or 5 pies, cheesy potato soup, chicken salad, & egg salad. Tomorrow morning I'll just have to assemble the sandwiches & warm everything up that needs it.

Becca will be heading home here after her last class lets out at 11:30am. She should arrive home around 2:30. I'll be glad to have her home for a week. Another bright note!!!

Thank you all so much for listening to me. I know others have much bigger problems, but right now mine are overwhelming me. The stress is doing a number on me physically & mentally. I've gained so much weight that I can barely stand myself. Thanks again.......have a good one all!

Comment

Paula, your post brought to mind that milk starts to harden the arteries at age 5. I'm pretty sure I'm correct on that. Isn't it terrible? I really like milk and milk products, but I know it's not healthy to have too much and it needs to be low fat or skim or whatever. When I take an Aleve I drink milk, 2 %, or I eat something. If I take one at bedtime I drink the milk. Milk makes me have to get up at least twice during the night so I had to stop taking the Aleve every night.
                    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

OH how I LOVE PAT...... OH HOW I LOVE PAT...... she knows my soul......SPRING ,SPRING, SUMMER SUMMER.. !!!

We once had a lady on RT named Summer..... wonder where she is...... it would be wonderful if she would pay us a visit.!.
                      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Very late. I didn't get dressed until after 12:00.

Weather is still beautiful but I have given looking at the weather reports that tell us one day there will be rain and next time I look it's gone.

Made myself a salmon steak for dinner last evening. I made it with a teriyaki type sauce and green onions. Had steamed rice and Japanese marinated green beans. I haven't had much Salmon in the past few years as Joy decided she didn't want it anymore.
                        Now I'm thinking of making some cauliflower soup before my cauliflower goes bad.
                        By the way I love fried frog legs. When I worked at the lodge, a fellow came to the campground and invited us all for frog legs. They were so good. He really knew how to do them.

I'm sorry you had such a let down with a bad buyer. If he doesn't want a house why is he looking. (Puzzlement.)

Comment

Working...
                        X