February 28th, Last Day of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 28th, Last Day of the month

Good morning Rounders. I have been itching to get some sewing done and I think I'll drag out the sewing machine today and start creating some cute little valances for the kitchen and some pot holders and things to match. I already bought the fabric at the thrift shop and it matches my kitchen perfectly. I have a gallon plastic jug full of thread that I got at the thrift shop for $1. So much thread, so little time.

So I told my DH that I was going to start going to all the Estate Sales here in the subdivision and I was on my way to the Dollar Tree yesterday morning when I saw the sign for a sale just before I reached the gatehouse. I turned around and went to the ES and lo and behold I found exactly what I was going to the DT for. Dishes. I found 3 plates and 5 bowls for .25 cents ea. What a bargain. The bowls are FireKing and the plates are by Homer Laughlin. How lucky can you get. I love them. Her stuff was priced so wonderfully low. It's sad when they lose a loved one or parent and have to sale all the stuff that was their life. The real estate agent was there handing out cards, which I thought was rather tacky, but I guess you have to do what you have to do. I told her "No thanks."
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

Snowed again overnight, so it is beautiful again out there. House clean an laundry done, so I will probably read and cook.

Hope all is well. Stay safe and warm.

Comment

Good morning...not sure what my day will bring..for now I think that I may head back to bed..

The funeral yesterday was beautiful and fitting of my friend...She looked beautiful as well.

Comment

Morning all

First kitchen disaster of the day completed, cleaned, up and restarted. I am making a King Cake for a bridal shower that is at 11:30 today. Yes, I know, Mardi Gras is over, but they are doing a themed shower for the girl. Good thing I got up really early to start this project!

Otherwise, I also have to bake a cake to take to Chris's Granny's birthday celebration tomorrow.

Looks like I'll be hanging out in the kitchen all day if anyone is looking for me.

Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning. Same old same old here.

Donna, know someone who buys houses to "flip" one of the things they do is to research how long a house has been on the market and try to figure out how badly the people need to sell and give low offers in hopes that they will bite just to get out from under the bills.

Karlianne went to one Estate Sale and it was so odd, don't know if they are are like that but the family had went through and taken what they wanted and everything else was left just like it was. Dishes still in the cabnets with prices on a paper on the doors stating the price for plates, cups, bowls etc. The Real Estate person was there passing out cards because it was kind of an open house since you had to go through each room and open closets and all just to see what was for sale. On the back of the card was a note that the house was for sale and to contact her for more info.

Comment

Good morning all!

Have never been to an estate sale either. I know they have them around here as I see them advertised. Glad you found what you wanted Karlinann.

Supposed to be windy and rainy today and for the next few days. Plan to stay inside but will have to go out on Monday to a funeral and to get hearing aids checked.

Patty back safe and sound. Have not heard from her yet but most likely will today. She had all these problems to face from the neighbor from hell, the driveway, and the legal problems. I do admire her on all the problems she is faced with at times.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Have weather predicted starting this afternoon so may head out to Jon's earlier than expected. Temps are 10* this morning but under snow warning for 5 to 7 inches through tomorrow starting this afternoon. I don;t mind driving in some snow but Jon told me yesterday the country road I normally take is not totally clear from the last storm. At least I have an heads up. This is the third weekend in a row we have had winter weather. You would think I'd be used to it by now. The lasagna I made yesterday was tasty but dry. Sierra sniffed it out as soon as she walked in and told me she likes the hot meals at noon. But..you know..those hot noon meals take the entire morning and I am not getting much done in the afternoon. Guess I could get up and start earlier but that is not what retirement is all about is it? No school Monday so I should get some housework done. Need to get dressed and head out. Once we hang the door he can lay the flooring and measure for the closet doors. Each room is going to be easier with experience.

Comment

Good morning.
                Having a frustrating time staying connected to the WiFi here in Phx. Finally hooked up to my iPhone to get connected. That's a big drain on phone energy, so I won't be online too long.
                We have 2 girls to visit today.
                So, breakfast with a friend tomorrow, then homeward bound.

While Holiday In. Is a nice clean hotel, it has its drawbacks. I'd never have been able to find the way to get to it, although it's prominently just off the expressway. You have to drive through residential neighborhoods to get to it. Second, the crappy WiFi service. And third...the "free" breakfast costs $10 each! It's not a restaurant, so everybody gets to handle the food. So we won't be eating here.

I went to one estate sale with friends. Everything was very pricy. The agent said "the purpose of estate sales is to make money for the family,." We left.

Cookie, sorry about the low house bid. I hope your agent isn't trying to give the place away. Can you insist on the "firm price"?

Well, gotta go get dressed. Busy day ahead.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

Mark has been here and gone...he's such a good man...so much in personality like his Father... not a joiner.or committee person.. just good hard worker who does a good job.. his home life is his 2 adult children and all their problems .. always something in their houses that need his expert help.

not much on my schedule today either....need to make a really good meal.. but what? .nice to have a hubby who is not fussy about food.

more paper sorting is still on the to-do list. made out bills this morning . Probably will do a lot of reading ,and scrabble playing today... too cold to even think about outside. brrrrr.
                  Hi Darla.
                  happy baking Pat.
                  good hunting Karlinann
                  hope you got some extra sleep Bethina.

see you all later
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! The calm before the storm...snow storm suppose to start later thru Sunday. Yesterday was nice...sunny & in the 20's.

Well I made it through yesterday w/o throwing up or having a total meltdown. Dropped Blaise off & did get my exercise in & grocery shopping done before it was time to pick up Blaise. Dropped him off at Kathy's after school. She ended up only having him for a half an hour before she had a job interview. She thought it was for 4pm & it was really for 3:30pm, so she had to bring him back earlier than planned. Whatever. Had a nice dinner. The realtor did bring over the offer, which was very disappointing, but the buyer knew he was low balling us & expects us to counter offer.

This morning I set my alarm for 7am so I'd get up & go to the hospital for fast lab work. I then went to the gym...got that out of the way for today. Today I'm going to work on getting all the paperwork ready for my tax appointment on Monday. Our realtor is suppose to be coming after a 10am showing she has here in town. We'll discuss our counter offer. Kathy is suppose to be getting Blaise for the night sometime this afternoon. If I thought we had a reason to celebrate, I'd suggest we go out for dinner, but we probably won't know anything until Monday. We'll just enjoy a peaceful evening together.

Keep praying Aunt J!!!!! Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all. Starting out strange this morning. I had to log in for the first time since the new board started. Now my spell check is working but if I click on the word it asks me if I want to paste or add a table.
                      Still no rain. I could spit more than fell last night. Not enough to dampen the ground.

Slept until 6:30. Got up and took Lily out. coming back in I heard and saw a small flock of geese flying by. Staring to see spring birds, too and the one I heard early all summer that I can't identfy.

I don't think I'm really awake yet so will just pass on through waving.~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good morning from here. No rain here,either, but some in the county got some wild hail yesterday.
                        But Shasta Lake is up 45 feet from last year's lowest point!
                        Paperwork, pay bills and do some Wal Mart and grocery shopping today. so pretty much an at home day. Becky and I have each lost a few pounds and neither of us want any yummy desserts or heavy meals so no baking for me this weekend. I made chicken and vegetables in the crock pot yesterday with some sticky rice. Probably make a chicken salad today with leftover chicken.
                        Karlinann, you really have great luck with the thrift store and finding sales! Look upon eBay and see how much your finds are going for just to see how Much you scored!
                        I have been looking for an old chenille bedspread which used to be something you could find around here in antique stores fairly cheap...can't even find any and on eBay I keep getting outbid.
                        I saw a beautiful quilt on Pinterest but it was for sale on etsy...but it gave me the idea of what I want to make! so the search goes on. for a pink or white chenille bedspread with flowers on it.
                        Pat, enjoy your day. Maye, you are having the day I want, but I have to knuckle down and do my paper work to drop off at the tax guy's office. No reading for me!
                        Rounders, take care and stay well and warm..

Comment

Working...
                        X