February 25, Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 25, Wednesday

Hey Peeps, Guess what day it is? LOL. I did some more landscape digging yesterday. I thought I had all of it buried, but I discovered two more pieces and got the small one and half of another one done. Today is yard waste day and maybe I'll get the half one finished before they get here.

I'm hoping I'll get an interview today. Yesterday I got a call for a pre-interview questionnaire.

I moved my birdbaths around a little so I could view them from the kitchen window. Yesterday during the light rain the birds were in my little planted pots digging up the seeds and eating them. I would not have believed it had I not witnessed it. I guess they can smell the seeds. It was melon and squash seeds. It's okay because I have plenty seedlings almost ready to plant.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning.

Snow predictions down here, but so far just rain. Ice melted yesterday around noon, which resulted from the sleet the day before.

All I can say is I hope this crazy weather is helping fill up some of our area lakes because it sure if filling up our pasture and yard.

John wants pancakes for breakfast, which sound pretty good to me. Better get the stove cranked up.

Have a good day. Be safe. Stay warm and dry. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good Morning, been awhile since I've been here, but I do read every day. Has anyone heard from Punkin? Same old frozen stuff here. Yesterday it was trying to snow a bit but think it was just to cold with the wind, the flakes just looked angry as they were coming down.

Comment

Good morning....plans for today....work this morning...physical therapy eval this afternoon...the going to a used clothing store that has all their stuff for 1 o 2 dollars...I really need something to wear to a funeral on Friday. and possibly a visitation on Thursday evening will go the one Thursday if my friends go..also need to get groceries

Comment

Snow tonight and this weekend...more cold coming back. Do I sound like a broken record? I stopped at Kohl's yesterday and bought some summer clothes. I had no intention of buying clothes but they were so summery and on sale and I couldn't stop myself. I bought capris' and blouses and tops and a swim suit cover. I have one blouse to take back because I grabbed the wrong size but everything else is the exact same size as last year. That will disappoint my sister because she gets my pants from the previous season as I outgrow them. Appears my little sister is still getting my hand me downs...but not this year! Don't know what I will do today...guess it will be a whatever day.

Comment

Good, getting late, morning

been up awhile but tidied up the house and kitchen sink.... need to grab the swiffer duster and give some areas a lick and promise..

doing a lot of silent prayer work on Donna's houses... It's her turn for something really good to happen... and selling the houses would lighten a burden of worry off her shoulders.... I think she has carried it long enough!... gonna hang it on the Cross and leave it there!. .. lead the future owners to her,,, soon, very soon..

more of the same today... piano lessons for two students. scrabble, puzzle. reading .sudoku. work on games for Game forum.. Maybe Mop downstairs where David leaves wet, messy tracks.. and perhaps even get that swiffer used..leftovers in fridge. some fresh fruit... .some crunchy celery to chew on.

Dermatologist trip yesterday.. in -zap the spot with freezing gas. - out.. will be a nuisance with bandaids. sore spot right under the glasses nose pad. but the spot was not cancer cells at this time..

see you all later.

Hi Paula and Donna. and all who come later than me
            happy packing Nalani

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good sneezy morning here. I am not sure why, but I have been sneezing more...I hate allergies!
              Wednesday and it should be just a same ole, same ole kind of day. The kids loved making headbands with big any heads on them and then using them for music (the ants go marching...)
              Today's activity and lesson and snack goes with the book The Hungry Caterpillar. Making them and eating the foods in the book that the caterpillar ate, well most of them. For the green leaf, I have some lettuce, but no chocolate cake. We will hope they are ok with lemon muffins, instead.
              WE are hoping for rain this weekend. the snow level will be down, too. Hopefully, Barb, you get rain, too.
              I think I have a belt problem with my washing machine. I am hearing a noise I have never heard before and it reminds me of the noise things make when a belt is going. I paid a contractor too much last month for the work of installing the dishwasher and repairing tiles he had to take out. I will hope my other handyman can fix this...And this washer is not old enough to give me problems!
              Ok, I am done complaining. Hope you all have a problem free day and you stay away from any pesky germs out there.
              Maye, my prayers and all fingers crossed for Donna's houses!

Comment

Good morning.
                Yesterday we got rain on-and-off all morning. When it fell, it was a goodly amount. The clouds hung around all day...and it was a cold day for us. Even E made sure he carried his sweater with him.
                Today looks to be nicer, might get a bit done in the yard.
                The neighbor's cat came around begging yesterday. I have him some "dirty rice", which was all I had on hand, and he decided to reject it. (He has eaten it before.). But he doesn't appear to be starving.

This morning I don't feel very energetic, didn't sleep much last night. Guess I'll get the paper and have my mocha.
                Have a good day, all.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Got a bit more snow last night...just enough to put a heavy dusting on everything. They say more measurable snow is coming.

OK...I can't wait to give you this news.....the young man came back this morning at 9am along with his grandparents, and grandpa gave the house two thumbs up. The young man is pre-approved, but has gotten a better job since then, so he's going back to his bank for a more current approval, and then going to put an offer on this house. Now hopefully it's a respectful offer...we'll know in a few days. Please keep praying for us. The man in Bradford is waiting to hear from his bank there to see if they'll approve a bridge loan so that he can make an offer on that house, and we should know by weeks end if he gets approved & then hopefully makes a respectful offer. I like the term "respectful offer". It's one our realtor in Bradford uses...it means it may not be full price, but it's not a slap in your face offer...it's respectful.

Yesterday was nice. Besides that good news, I had a nice time shopping with Kathy at the Thrift Store & lunch at Arby's. Trying to make some nice memories with her before leaving her here. Once we got the call that the house was being shown again this morning, we started putting finishing touches on things. Had a super nice chat with Elaine, and girl I grew up with and played almost daily with her & Laurie.

This morning we were up early and out the door by 8:50. As we were pulling out we saw a car coming in the road & by golly they pulled into our driveway...talk about timing. Went and picked up my Rx at DrugMart and then stopped at Cornell's to picked up strawberries that are on sale for $1.50 plus I found some great deals on the reduced rack. While shopping, our realtor called & gave us the good news. Not sure what the rest of my day will hold. Going to the gym after dropping off Blaise.

Saw a picture of myself from the Choc Lovers Bake Off from last week, and I'm so frustrated at how heavy I look again. Maybe if my stress level comes down, I'll lose some weight.

Oh...Corky has a phone interview for a job in Dubois, PA at 1pm today. That would be close Home. Pray that it goes well & that he'll get a personal interview then. It would be wonderful if he could get back to working in a job that he loves.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Paula is right. It's a sneezy day in CA. Also sniffy. No rain in the last "storm" so all we had was some gloom and then scattered clouds.
                    More predicted for this weekend and throughout the rest of the week. I will believe it when it gets wet.

Today we have coffee and donuts in the rec room and it's always good for a lot of laid back laughing and good fun. I've been here for over a year now and it just doesn't seem like it. House is going up for auction tomorrow, I believe. Will have to check as I want to stop paying the insurance on it.

Cookie, I hope that both your sales go well this time. Wouldn't it be great to have to millstones off at the same time.

Punkin, is around but just lost a close friend so she is very unhappy, naturally. I wish her the best.

All for me for now. Back doesn't want me to type right now. Have good one.

Comment

Was having trouble just to get on and had to log in. Something must of happened yesterday when I put the app on my Ipad. Anyway here I am. Patty will be leaving tomorrow.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Donna and her houses that she will get a good offer and then she can give a sigh of relief when she is no longer paying the mortgage on both places which must be rough. Also hope Corky get the job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~to all and have a good rest of the day

Comment

Working...
                      X